Caleb Kennedy officially no longer in the competition (will not be replaced)

Idol Maniac

Ugh, this is terrible... 😩 He had such a great night too on Sunday. Regardless, the smart thing to do would be to disqualify him. I think it would be too difficult to bring back Hunter, due to COVID-19 protocols though.

Edited by Bk1234

YIKES, I saw the video. I can't say I'm surprised. His personality has seemed really off to me the entire season. Something has seemed very off about him the entire season so it's on brand. This whole season has been a mess, from the thing with Cecil, to Wyatt dropping out, to the messy idol comeback, and now this. 

I don't see why they would need to bring anyone back if he's disqualified though. Just let the 4 compete and one goes home. Why bring someone back when they will inevitably go home again. Plus maybe we can get proper duets...Grace and Willie & Chacye and Casey. 

• Like 1

Edited: I figured out it was about Caleb Kennedy and I know the specific thing that he is being accused of. That’s very bad if it is actually true. Even though it looks like he’s not dressed in the Klu Klux Klan outfit, this is still a very bad look for him because it appears he’s right guy to the person who is. It’s a very short video though.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

If they disqualify Caleb, there is the possibility that no one would be eliminated next week. That’s how American Idol has generally dealt with disqualifications. When they have disqualified someone in the past, all the remaining contestants survive an extra week and then they eliminate two the following week. So the finale may be Top 2 instead of Top 3. I also don’t think they are bringing back Hunter Metts with COVID restrictions/protocol. It just seems too risky and not safe.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

If they disqualify Caleb, there is the possibility that no one would be eliminated next week. That’s how American Idol has generally dealt with disqualifications. When they have disqualified someone in the past, all the remaining contestants survive an extra week and then they eliminate two the following week. So the finale may be Top 2 instead of Top 3. I also don’t think they are bringing back Hunter Metts with COVID restrictions/protocol. It just seems too risky and not safe.

Jermaine was disqualified in season 11 and Shannon Migrane was eliminated the same week so not exactly true. It's simple imo. The 4 go on to compete this sunday and then 3 compete in the finale as originally planned. Unless they want to do a four-way finale. I don't think someone should miss out on the finale for someone else's actions. 

And I also don't know why people are assuming Hunter would be the person brought back in that unlikely scenario. Arthur could have gotten more votes than him.

Edited by joe14

1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Jermaine was disqualified in season 11 and Shannon Migrane was eliminated the same week so not exactly true. It's simple imo. The 4 go on to compete this sunday and then 3 compete in the finale as originally planned. Unless they want to do a four-way finale. I don't think someone should miss out on the finale for someone else's actions. 

And I also don't know why people are assuming Hunter would be the person brought back in that unlikely scenario. Arthur could have gotten more votes than him.

Maybe because no one wants Arthur back because he already got eliminated twice and it would be unfair to the current season contestants who worked hard to get their spots in the Top 5.

13 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Caleb is accused of being in a compromising situation because it appears he was in a video with someone in a Klu Klux Klan outfit.

Ohhhhh screw that. X him out if he’s with that cult. (I said “if”) 

7 minutes ago, Kisses_Dani said:

Ohhhhh screw that. X him out if he’s with that cult. (I said “if”) 

I agree, but we will have to wait and see if American Idol does the right thing and care about their audience. If they don’t, I think they will face major backlash for it and it could result in the show getting canceled meaning no American Idol Season 20. Also, if they don’t do anything about this, what will it say to their black audience members and the black people who have won on this show or competed on American Idol? That they normally are anti racism, but sometimes they will make exceptions and look the other way for contestants who are really good singers?

12 minutes ago, m1key said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Willie quits if they dont disqualify Caleb since hes literally black. I cant imagine how uncomfortable it is behind the scenes right now.

Willie Spence may decide to quit whether the people in charge of American Idol decide to disqualify Caleb Kennedy or not. I’m saying that because the whole situation may make Willie Spence overall very uncomfortable. Like I said before, if American Idol doesn’t handle this properly, the ratings will go down and be extremely low and I could see this season being the last season of American Idol. I know American Idol was already renewed for Season 20, but sometimes shows are renewed and then people change their minds and decide to cancel them.

48 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Maybe because no one wants Arthur back because he already got eliminated twice and it would be unfair to the current season contestants who worked hard to get their spots in the Top 5.

But Hunter also got eliminated? I don't think anyone should be brought back, but it would make sense that whoever was in 6th place would be brought back if they were to go that route. If Hunter got 7th, it wouldn't make sense.

So i think just let the top 4 perform and eliminate 1 to make the top 3.

1 hour ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

If they do bring someone back (which I doubt they will), the fairest way would be the person who had the next highest vote.

I don't think you meant it, but It's not smart to dog a contestant who is person of color, especially under the circumstances of why this conversation is happening.  He could be the next highest vote.

Edited by mytake1