Caleb Kennedy officially no longer in the competition (will not be replaced)

Idol Maniac

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

No?

He and Arthur were sent home on Sunday. They would have to re-quarantine to be able to perform and their quarantine would last longer than the amount of time remaining.

It’s clear the show will just go 4 > 3 instead of 5 > 3.

And let’s be real, Arthur was probably sixth in the vote anyway.

Don’t break my heart 😭😭😭

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

No?

He and Arthur were sent home on Sunday. They would have to re-quarantine to be able to perform and their quarantine would last longer than the amount of time remaining.

It’s clear the show will just go 4 > 3 instead of 5 > 3.

And let’s be real, Arthur was probably sixth in the vote anyway.

Very true with the quarantine rule and probably wouldn’t be fair to Arthur given he most likely had more votes...but based on his final performance of River, be so nice for judges to have the save right now lol. 

19 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

So many white people defending him in comments because ''everyone makes mistakes and people get easily offended nowadays'' but they'd all get offended and literally lose sleep if a man were to put on a skirt lol

I was going to read a good amount of the comments, but I stopped at the first few. 🤢

Quote from Caleb's mom:

"This video was taken after Caleb had watched the movie 'The Strangers: Prey at Night' and they were imitating those characters. It had nothing to do with the Ku Klux Klan, but I know that's how it looks. Caleb doesn't have a racist bone in his body. He loves everyone and has friends of all races." 

In case anyone hasn't seen the movie and doesn't know what the outfits look like:

bb755537-bdd3-4b8f-8ae5-5715166dee15.jpeg?width=780&height=520&rect=1500x1000&offset=0x0

• Like 2

I would bet it all they go with 4 and send 1 home instead of 2. It is what idol has done in the past this way as 1 time they sent nobody home 1 week long ago due to it but this will be a top 4 and 1 go home only the only question is which female.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Quote from Caleb's mom:

"This video was taken after Caleb had watched the movie 'The Strangers: Prey at Night' and they were imitating those characters. It had nothing to do with the Ku Klux Klan, but I know that's how it looks

What, did they just have a KKK hood lying around the house?! I saw that movie and there's no f*cking resemblance lmao.

Over it. He can be a teenager learning from his mistakes, but he can do it off the Idol stage.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

• Idol Maniac changed the title to Caleb Kennedy officially no longer in the competition (will not be replaced)
3 minutes ago, ClebastianFan said:

If my memory is correct, this makes Caleb the third finalist to be disqualified (after Corey Clark and Jermaine Jones). Funny how all three have first and last names starting with the same sound.

If you’re limiting it to people made it past the green mile, yeah. 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Quote from Caleb's mom:

"This video was taken after Caleb had watched the movie 'The Strangers: Prey at Night' and they were imitating those characters. It had nothing to do with the Ku Klux Klan, but I know that's how it looks. Caleb doesn't have a racist bone in his body. He loves everyone and has friends of all races." 

In case anyone hasn't seen the movie and doesn't know what the outfits look like:

Hide contents

bb755537-bdd3-4b8f-8ae5-5715166dee15.jpeg?width=780&height=520&rect=1500x1000&offset=0x0

Honestly this makes sense to me as a stupid post/joke....but at the end of the day if you're on social media next to a guy who looks like he's wearing clans hoodie....that's gonna be hard to explain away.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Quote from Caleb's mom:

Hide contents

That might have been the case for Caleb, but I don’t think that it was the case for the person he was next to.  Either way, Caleb was an idiot and paid for it.  That’s all it was.