Caleb Kennedy officially no longer in the competition (will not be replaced)

Idol Maniac

Idol not only needs to can him, but they need tell the truth of what happened.  Not some b.s. that he is gone for personal reasons.

Unfortunately, there are people making excuses for him, that he is just a kid, it was a joke.  I am not surprised since there are lots of super conservatives among Idol viewers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

If they do bring someone back (which I doubt they will), the fairest way would be the person who had the next highest vote.

I don't think you meant it, but It's not smart to dog a contestant who is person of color, especially under the circumstances of why this conversation is happening.  He could be the next highest vote.

It had nothing to do with his color. It has to do with the fact that he had a chance on Season 18 and was the runner up and he made it to the Top 7 this season. It would be a big waste of time to bring him back only to be placed in the Top 5. That’s what I meant by my comment. I wasn’t “dogging a contestant because he’s a person of color”. If that’s how it looked, then that wasn’t my intention. I would be saying the same exact thing if it was Hunter Mett who was the contestant from last season and not Arthur Gunn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

It had nothing to do with his color. It has to do with the fact that he had a chance on Season 18 and was the runner up and he made it to the Top 7 this season. It would be a big waste of time to bring him back only to be placed in the Top 5. That’s what I meant by my comment. I wasn’t “dogging a contestant because he’s a person of color”. If that’s how it looked, then that wasn’t my intention. I would be saying the same exact thing if it was Hunter Mett who was the contestant from last season and not Arthur Gunn.

As I said, I don't think it was your intention, but I would not have started off by saying "nobody wants Arthur back".  That's a trigger.

2 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

As I said, I don't think it was your intention, but I would not have started off by saying "nobody wants Arthur back".  That's a trigger.

Okay I sort of get what you’re saying. Can you just explain how what I said could be a trigger? Is it because of the possibility that there may be some people who would like him to come back to replace Caleb if he gets disqualified? If that is the point you’re making, then I understand completely now.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

4 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Okay I sort of get what you’re saying. Can you just explain how what I said could be a trigger? Is it because of the possibility that there may be some people who would like him to come back to replace Caleb if he gets disqualified? If that is the point you’re making, then I understand completely now.

Arthur has his fans, just like Hunter.  I doubt they will bring anyone back, but if they do, the fairest approach would be the next highest voter getter.  I

If they get rid of him instead of sending 2 home they will send 1 home. But i doubt they let him stay. Most of the time Idol does not say why someone was removed but i would think this time they might have to. But no matter how they handle it if they get rid of him they will just send 1 person home and have there top 3 that way.

42 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Idol not only needs to can him, but they need tell the truth of what happened.  Not some b.s. that he is gone for personal reasons.

Unfortunately, there are people making excuses for him, that he is just a kid, it was a joke.  I am not surprised since there are lots of super conservatives among Idol viewers.

I would hope they would tell the truth, but I can not picture a Disney sponsored family show talking about the KKK in all honestly.

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

I would hope they would tell the truth, but I can not picture a Disney sponsored family show talking about the KKK in all honestly.

Give the kid version of the truth being that Caleb Kennedy associated himself with something that would be hurtful and offensive to some people. Then say we are a show that wants to treat everyone with respect and not hurt anyone’s feelings

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aaronjudge said:

If they get rid of him instead of sending 2 home they will send 1 home. But i doubt they let him stay. Most of the time Idol does not say why someone was removed but i would think this time they might have to. But no matter how they handle it if they get rid of him they will just send 1 person home and have there top 3 that way.

If they don’t say why, American Idol could be complicit because people will wonder what they are hiding. It’s better just to come clean.

8 hours ago, Stacey. said:

that's dumb to disqualify him for something like this

The KKK is a terrorist organization that has killed people of colour for 100+ years. It will be terrible optics for Idol (and Disney) to ignore it or sweep it under the rug.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

This might sound a little funny at first, but hear me out. What if this news about Caleb Kennedy is some attempt to get Arthur Gunn back in the competition? I mean Arthur Gunn happened to not make the Top 5 and then not that long after this news about Caleb Kennedy came out. I mean why not just release that news about Caleb sooner? Is it because they didn’t know about it when American Idol Season 19 first started? Is this some ploy that American Idol has to fix their Comeback Twist thing? The compromising situation that Caleb Kennedy was in is wrong and bad, but the timing of when it became public is a little bit suspicious.

• Confused 1

Arthur and Hunter were already sent home. The show can’t bring either of them back to compete for Sunday’s show because television productions require them to quarantine for a certain amount of days.

Idol also wasn’t who posted the video. It was someone on on Twitter. 

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Arthur and Hunter were already sent home. The show can’t bring either of them back to compete for Sunday’s show because television productions require them to quarantine for a certain amount of days.

Idol also wasn’t who posted the video. It was someone on on Twitter. 

Okay well that clears thing up. Here’s my next question. If the show doesn’t do anything to resolve the situation, do you think it will cause the ratings of the show to go even lower and that even though American Idol Season 20 has already been renewed, that somehow people in charge of deciding what airs on T.V. changes their mind and cancels American Idol Season 20 making American Idol Season 19 the last season of American Idol.

Last season on AGT, a video of Archie Williams resurfaced on the internet of him verbally assaulting/harassing internet personality Lovely Peaches shortly after his audition aired. However, the producers did nothing about it and Archie made the Top 10 of the season.

This kind of makes me wonder if Idol will do anything about Caleb because this is about just as bad as that.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

Last season on AGT, a video of Archie Williams resurfaced on the internet of him verbally assaulting/harassing internet personality Lovely Peaches shortly after his audition aired. However, the producers did nothing about it and Archie made the Top 10 of the season.

This kind of makes me wonder if Idol will do anything about Caleb because this is about just as bad as that.

They should do something because it will turn lots of viewers away if they don’t. The show probably won’t be canceled after this season if they don’t do anything, but you can count on tons of people boycotting American Idol and calling the people in charge of the show racist enablers.

9 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

They should do something because it will turn lots of viewers away if they don’t. The show probably won’t be canceled after this season if they don’t do anything, but you can count on tons of people boycotting American Idol and calling the people in charge of the show racist enablers.

I get your point and totally agree, but Im starting to question if this whole situation will even make enough noise to the point where the producers will feel the need to address it. The original tweet that was posted only has 300 likes which is barely anything. Theres only 1 article I can find about the situation online and its not even a major source. Cecil's abuse story went viral on tiktok with hundreds and thousands of likes and they still didnt acknowledge it. If it doesnt gain more traction, I can see them just pushing it to the side as much as I hate to say it.

Edited by m1key

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

I get your point and totally agree, but Im starting to question if this whole situation will even make enough noise to the point where the producers will feel the need to address it. The original tweet that was posted only has 300 likes which is barely anything. Theres only 1 article I can find about the situation online and its not even a major source. Cecil's abuse story went viral on tiktok with hundreds and thousands of likes and they still didnt acknowledge it.

The video has 25.9K views (25,900 views). So way more views than likes. 

• Idol Maniac changed the title to Caleb Kennedy to be disqualified or not?
30 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

The video has 25.9K views (25,900 views). So way more views than likes. 

Still, 6 million people view American Idol each episode on average so 25.9k is nothing compared to that. Theres also a good chance that those 25.9k views are 1) duplicates from the same people or 2) people who dont even know who Caleb Kennedy is. 

Again, not saying I support the decision if the producers do decide to ignore it, but just a thought that it could happen.

Edited by m1key