Caleb Kennedy officially no longer in the competition (will not be replaced)

Idol Maniac

35 minutes ago, BrokenHearted said:

Between Cecil, Hannah and Caleb maybe they should just stop casting white country singers (and not just cos they usually suck and far outlast their welcome) 

Do I even want to know about Hannah? Spill the tea ☕️ 

10 hours ago, Elliott said:

The KKK is a terrorist organization that has killed people of colour for 100+ years. It will be terrible optics for Idol (and Disney) to ignore it or sweep it under the rug.

Oh I knew he would get disqualified for Idol's reputation alone more than anything else. Let's think about it from his view though--he was a young boy who made a video with somebody else wearing this shirt. His career doesn't deserve to get ruined for that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

Oh I knew he would get disqualified for Idol's reputation alone more than anything else. Let's think about it from his view though--he was a young boy who made a video with somebody else wearing this shirt. His career doesn't deserve to get ruined for that.

I think in many respects you are completely right. It is utterly unfair for someone at such a young age to be blamed for another's behavior. That being said, the representation of hate that comes with the KKK hood and symbol cannot be ignored. In order to move forward, the photo in its entirety - including the unknown acceptance of a young boy - must be discredited to move forward. A harsh reality for sure, but one that is needed after 200 years of social injustice towards African Americans. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Stacey. said:

5 minutes ago, Shasta357 said:

I think in many respects you are completely right. It is utterly unfair for someone at such a young age to be blamed for another's behavior. That being said, the representation of hate that comes with the KKK hood and symbol cannot be ignored. In order to move forward, the photo in its entirety - including the unknown acceptance of a young boy - must be discredited to move forward. A harsh reality for sure, but one that is needed after 200 years of social injustice towards African Americans. 

This.^ No one is ruining his career. No one is saying he is inherently a bad person and can't change. But giving letting him go scot free and potentially actually win the competition would be so incredibly disrespectful to the centuries of oppression people of color faced in America to a terrorist organization. Also Franzel is very on brand for you. Just saying.

Edited by redwood79
  • Like 2

He was probably like 14 when he posted that and teens don’t think before they post. They are taking a life opportunity away from him for something that just got interpreted racist cause the internet’s sensitive and is full of karens. That is just cruel and stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Usisnww said:

He was probably like 14 when he posted that and teens don’t think before they post. They are taking a life opportunity away from him for something that just got interpreted racist cause the internet’s sensitive and is full of karens. That is just cruel and stupid. 

This wasn't Caleb's fault. But the entire idea behind "Black Lives Matter" and holding people accountable is to stop forgiving 200 plus years of oppression and acknowledge the work that still needs to be done. If ABC had said "well, he was only a youth.." it would discredit the millions of African American young men and women who went through hell because of the KKK while Caleb (unknowingly and I blame his parents for this) took a photo next to someone wearing a hood that strictly says: Black Lives Don't Matter. 

• Like 2

I honestly still think that this season's cast was one of the best Idol has had in years, and this Top 4 is probably the best we could've gotten. 

If you disagree with that, I think one thing we can all agree on is that this season was never boring LOL

It wasn’t a shirt, it was a Klansman hood. And there’s no way he didn’t know that’s what it was. It wasn’t a Strangers mask like his mom is trying to play it off as. I know he was a young kid at the time and has probably been raised around racists all his life, but Idol did the right thing by getting him out. He can learn and grow as a person at home and try to make a career another way.

• Like 1

Yeah trying to take up for him in here is not the move. He isn't getting punished for someone else's actions. He posted that video onto his social media account with full intent. From the caption to his facial expression, it's clear he was fully aware of what he was doing and thought it was a joke. Just because he wasn't the person wearing it does not mean he's absolved of any wrongdoing and from the role he played in the scenario. Add in the fact that he has pictures on his social media account wearing a MAGA hat and it is fair to conclude he might hold some sinister views. His mother's explanation sounds convenient and reeks of damage control. The mask in Stranger Things don't even resemble the one in the video. 

Make no mistake, he's not the victim. He can "grow" or whatever off the Idol stage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Usisnww said:

I’m sorry but this is a horrible take. 

• Like 2

In his orginial twitter post Caleb never said or implied that he was dropping out, just that he was off of idol and will be taking a break from social media. That is obiviously a KKK hood in the video but something to remember, and yes someone does need to take accountiblty but the person who put the hood on should take accountiblity for his own actions, that Caleb had nothing to do with. His friend should apoligize to Caleb and his family and beg for their forgiviness. His friend took Idol away from him, he's not only a racisist but a thoughtless and heartless jerk. The Blame goes on him and whoever posted that video. Whoever posted that video should be arrested.  As for Idol, i wouldn't mind seeing a top 2 and it is possible, and I hope that Caleb fans will vote for Chayce Beckham. I love everyone but i wonder what the reaction would be to an all white final 3.