American Idol Season 19 Top 16 Spoilers

Idol Maniac

4 hours ago, redwood79 said:

Anilee, Andrea, Alana, Cecil

Mary Jo, Liahona, Hannah, Jason

3 minutes ago, Raphy said:

Group A was so strong. If Anilee and Madison switched groups, Anilee would be in!

Both.

Yeahhhhh I got it 100% righht!!! 😂

• Thanks 1

since I don't have any clear favorite this season and not thrilled by anyone I found myself liberated from the anticipation to find out who made it.. 

more excited for the twist with the season 18 contestants. 

not really surprised with the results either. 

13 hours ago, iloveadam said:

The disastrous art of voting by America is starting all over again. Keep praying for the girls, KEEP PRAYING HARD! 

It's literally a 9:7 ratio and y'all are acting like it's 1:15. :dead:

16 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Still can't believe that Graham made it over Anilee/Andrea 💀

screentime's a benefit I guess 😂

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Graham fits perfectly into what's believed to be Idol's viewership base, not to mention he legitimately sang well (then again, so did most of group A). Disappointed that he made it over Andrea, but not surprised--Idol's base has always skewed Southern, which means her bilingual performance, beautiful as it was, probably didn't go over well with the wall-clamorers (and no, it doesn't matter what her actual heritage is, all Hispanics are Mexican to those people.)

No, the one that surprises me is Colin advancing over Hannah/Mary Jo. Hannah in particular had the advantage of having the country genre almost to herself that night (and over both nights she was the only female to fall into that genre), and Colin doesn't really seem like he fits what Middle America wants, in addition to being not that good. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Honestly, I'm not surprised. Graham fits perfectly into what's believed to be Idol's viewership base, not to mention he legitimately sang well (then again, so did most of group A). Disappointed that he made it over Andrea, but not surprised--Idol's base has always skewed Southern, which means her bilingual performance, beautiful as it was, probably didn't go over well with the wall-clamorers (and no, it doesn't matter what her actual heritage is, all Hispanics are Mexican to those people.)

No, the one that surprises me is Colin advancing over Hannah/Mary Jo. Hannah in particular had the advantage of having the country genre almost to herself that night (and over both nights she was the only female to fall into that genre), and Colin doesn't really seem like he fits what Middle America wants, in addition to being not that good. 

I’m surprised that Colin got past Mary Jo too but I don’t think that he’ll make the Top 12.  Not so surprised about Hannah since I don’t think that even country fans would vote for someone who bombed like she did.

44 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It's literally a 9:7 ratio and y'all are acting like it's 1:15. :dead:

It’s not 1/15 and that’s good but I don’t really want a Top 12 that’s slanted in favor of the guys 

American Idol 2021 Top 16 Spoiler

https://usatvline.com/american-idol-2021-contestants-lists-top-16-spoiler-names-details/

Advanced

Alanis Sophia
Alyssa Wray
Ava August
Beane
Caleb Kennedy
Casey Bishop
Cassandra Coleman
Chayce Beckham
Colin Jamieson
DeShawn Goncalves
Grace Kinstler
Graham DeFranco
Hunter Metts
Madison Watkins
Willie Spence
Wyatt Pike 

Elimination

Alana Sherman
Andrea Valles
Anilee List
Cecil Ray
Hannah Everhart
Jason Warrior
Liahona Olayan
Mary Jo Young

Edited by Deven
Correction

I see Collin Jamieson's name on the top 16 instead of someone like Anilee, Mary Jo or even Liahona...it makes me concerned about the direction this season is going to go...at least the "right" girls made i, suppose...and I was right that Jason wouldn't make it...

Edited by kenboy123

Colin isnt in my top favorites but hes underrated as heck. And this proves it.

Obviously due to his background hes definitely one of the most experienced and comfortable performers. But hes also got a pretty diverse voice. Hes not elite, but he can do a lot of different things with it and he really held his own in a duet with someone who can really, really, really sing.

• Like 1

Anilee, out, there are angels out there. You don't steal someone elses spot and get away it. bring Amanda Mena and Beson back. and all 3 Boston Contestant's repersenting, nice.