The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I think someone mentioned this before, but indeed I think Shadale has a bit of a tough road ahead. Not getting enough votes for the PV and being on Team Legend is a double whammy. She needs a good song choice next week, otherwise I wouldnt be surprised if she's one of the first two out.

Just now, Misirlou said:

I think someone mentioned this before, but indeed I think Shadale has a bit of a tough road ahead. Not getting enough votes for the PV and being on Team Legend is a double whammy. She needs a good song choice next week, otherwise I wouldnt be surprised if she's one of the first two out.

I don’t think that will be enough. She needs the pimp spot :haha:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

I can see Lana going home next week. Being a female country singer is a very different ballgame then being a male country singer, and on top of that she’s not a powerhouse type.

SM, outside fb, doesn’t generally like country singers though, and then again with the female country singer part, added on top.

Normally I would consider her safe to the Blake power, but she had one of the lowest stats of the Top 20 as a whole, and indeed SM is not happy about her being the save.

Like Shadale, she's got a bit of a tough road ahead, but Blake seems to like her, and he's sacrificing Wendy singing country to focus on her as his only country artist, so we'll see.

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Have we ever had such a drastic change of a frontrunner on a team before? 

Like, TPTB sold us on Samuel being it for Team Legend on pre-lives. They focused on him the most, he was always on the first week for all three rounds, and overall it seemed like he got the most screentime of the team. AKA the protagonist.

Now its either Joshua or Jershika who occupies that role, and Samuel is not even there.

this is what i don't understand!

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Normally I would consider her safe to the Blake power, but she had one of the lowest stats of the Top 20 as a whole, and indeed SM is not happy about her being the save.

Like Shadale, she's got a bit of a tough road ahead, but Blake seems to like her, and he's sacrificing Wendy singing country to focus on her as his only country artist, so we'll see.

She’s tied for third on my “danger list” with Shadale, so while I wouldn’t be shocked to see her survive due to Blake’s power, I’d also be unsurprised to see her singing in the save.

(Danger list is currently: J&S, for Arianators being upset they ruined the “holy trinity” with Bella; Ryleigh, for that vocal crack at the end of her performance and needing the save; and the Shadale and Lana, who are coach saves either with a more controversial reception or a more controversial coach)

12 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don’t think that will be enough. She needs the pimp spot :haha:

I'm sorry but that spot is reserved for Holly next week. They need to make sure Queen Ariana has someone in the Finale :giggle:

Edited by echoap

People that I personally see as in danger of bottom 3 next week based on POs:

Shadale

Lana

Jim and Sasha

Ryleigh

Like I said, Shadale failed to grab PV and is on Legend's team. Double whammy.

Lana is not really liked across SM, and the female country singer journey on this show is tough.

I have a feeling that the combination of their song choice, and Bella (the other PV candidate apart from Holly) desintegrating, really helped Jim and Sasha this round. We'll see if they actually have a strong fanbase next week.

Ryleigh is a polarizing type of contestant, and failed to grab PV on a team where the coach isnt particularly liked by the demo. 

Edited by Misirlou

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Have we ever had such a drastic change of a frontrunner on a team before? 

Like, TPTB sold us on Samuel being it for Team Legend on pre-lives. They focused on him the most, he was always on the first week for all three rounds, and overall it seemed like he got the most screentime of the team. AKA the protagonist.

Now its either Joshua or Jershika who occupies that role, and Samuel is not even there.

I’m just hoping Samuel was genuinely on board with the choices made with his performance vs. Instant Save songs rather than the fake-happy we see contestants do sometimes, but I genuinely don’t see what the point was of pushing that hard for him early on before doing him THAT dirty in the lives (not as dirty as Bella was done song-choice-wise, but still).

That said, the three who made it through on Team Legend are all excellent vocalists/performers, so even though Sam’s elimination is gonna sting for a while I’m excited to see what his teammates do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Danielle Bradbery, Emily Ann Roberts, Spensha Baker, and Chevel Shepherd. All of them made the finale and two of them actually won their respective seasons. 

nost of them are teenagers which appeal to the minivans lol I don't recall spensha's age tho 

9 hours ago, Rodney said:

They'll still probably have to sing it in a later week, though, because I don't see them making the finale.

Same. Can't see it either. They were lucky though to get the PV after their so-so live performance. Let's see how they do next week.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Technically, Wendy is lol, but the audience doesnt know that.

And as long as Lana is here, they still probably won't.

You’re right, I was just going off audience perceptions and what they’ve been doing on the show so far.

I’m just hoping to see Wendy do something like “I Will Always Love You” again that’s a sneaky “country originally but this version is decidedly not” song pick, since trying to cram IWALY into two minutes was…a choice (and “country roots but not a country vocal” song choices might at least prime the audience not to be as shocked if she does manage to do some crossover stuff down the line after Lana leaves).

• Like 1

Also, worth noting that Kelly went for loyalty to her OG last night. She chose Gymani because she has been with her since the beginnning.

Cami was the exception because Tanner and Madeline were just not there that night. This time around Gymani did deliver.

So yeah, I wouldnt expect a save from Kelly to her steals next season. They're gonna have to get voted through (whether its PV or the WC)

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, worth noting that Kelly went for loyalty to her OG last night. She chose Gymani because she has been with her since the beginnning.

Cami was the exception because Tanner and Madeline were just not there that night. This time around Gymani did deliver.

So yeah, I wouldnt expect a save from Kelly to her steals next season. They're gonna have to get voted through (whether its PV or the WC)

I rly thought Kelly would save Hailey tho since she seemed excited. Turns out she’s ALWAYS excited