The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Coming to post this because:

A. My emo heart screeched with joy upon seeing this this morning ❤️

B. Is there anyone right now that could tackle a hit like this for that “out of genre” week or whatever they’re calling it and flip it/pull it off?

Flipping it? Mmm..maybe GNT? They could probably do something with it.

I would have liked to see David sing this though. He would have been the closest to pull it off out of everyone this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Flipping it? Mmm..maybe GNT? They could probably do something with it.

I would have liked to see David sing this though. He would have been the closest to pull it off out of everyone this season.

Still mourning. 😔

I’ve wanted a contestant like him for so long. And very surprised his performance didn’t get him PV.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Still mourning. 😔

I’ve wanted a contestant like him for so long. And very surprised his performance didn’t get him PV.

Prior to the season I never thought of him as a Minivan darling.(Long hair, painted nails, genre), but his BA and KO got great stats on FB, and the audience seemed to dig what he was doing. 

He pretty much applied the same formula he used in pre-lives on his PO performance, only this time, surprisingly, no one showed up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Same. He had my favorite performance from Team Legend that night too. 🥲

After seeing his PO, and given Samuel not being at his best, I thought he was a lock.

Then I saw the FB stats...

At that point I accepted that was it for him, because John didnt seem invested in him either.

I do have to say that despite that, I'm happy with John's Top 3.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, seems like TPTB decided to preview the "Songs outside their genre/bus" week with Samuel. (Yes, you will hear me complain about this throughout the season).

I still don’t know what the point was of going to all that trouble to make him seem like the front runner for Team Legend in the pretaped rounds before immediately tossing him aside once the show went live 🙃

As for “Welcome to The Black Parade,” there’s a rather dramatic element to the song I could see a certain member of Team Legend pulling off, but tonally and vibes-wise that sing has David all over it and I’m still sad about that elimination (and upset we got rid of studios in the playoffs bc that “Slow Burn” studio would’ve been so good).

• Like 1

And also, ignoring the performance, I'm happy for Sasha. Dude likely thought he and his dad were goners due to him getting laryngitis at the worst possible time and he probably didnt have the best weekend. Now he is in the Top 13.

Rooting hard for them to pull off a redemption arc next week.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Coming to post this because:

A. My emo heart screeched with joy upon seeing this this morning ❤️

B. Is there anyone right now that could tackle a hit like this for that “out of genre” week or whatever they’re calling it and flip it/pull it off?

I have an answer for you but you ain't gonna like it 😇

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I have an answer for you but you ain't gonna like it 😇

I'm not a fan but he's the only one left who could come close to doing MCR justice.

Edited by FloorWax

47 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I still don’t know what the point was of going to all that trouble to make him seem like the front runner for Team Legend in the pretaped rounds before immediately tossing him aside once the show went live 🙃

As for “Welcome to The Black Parade,” there’s a rather dramatic element to the song I could see a certain member of Team Legend pulling off, but tonally and vibes-wise that sing has David all over it and I’m still sad about that elimination (and upset we got rid of studios in the playoffs bc that “Slow Burn” studio would’ve been so good).

Did they actually do that? I don't care to watch the actual show for promos/edits so I wouldn't have guessed that alone. Seems like a bit of IDF confirmation bias but I wouldn't know for certain.

10 minutes ago, Rat! said:

Did they actually do that? I don't care to watch the actual show for promos/edits so I wouldn't have guessed that alone. Seems like a bit of IDF confirmation bias but I wouldn't know for certain.

They did seem to focus on him the most out of Team Legend. Always on the first week of rounds, well thought out intro packages, etc.

26 minutes ago, Rat! said:

Thanks for that. I’ll be using it in the future. We definitely do this here.  Holly was the TCO and probable winner before the season even started, for example. :P

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Thanks for that. I’ll be using it in the future. We definitely do this here.  Holly was the TCO and probable winner before the season even started, for example. :P

To be fair, her editing in the blinds make it seem that she was the TCO, but then they procedeed to montage her in the battles, and then she was heavily overshadowed by GNT in the Knockouts. 

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

i liked GNT way more but, was she really that overshadowed? I remember FB being more split than we anticipated

I don't check Facebook comments, maybe not "heavily" but yeah, she was overshadowed. Most of the YouTube comments are praising GNT