The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, FloorWax said:

Remember, in S17's Top 13 week, Max Boyle (PV) landed in the bottom but Shane Q (CS) did not.

I've always theorized that that was fan complacency mixed in with a bit of concern over his song choice.  ("Unaware" for him?  Really?)  Since he'd gotten the vote the previous week, fans probably thought that he would've been fine and didn't vote as stridently as they should have.  And then . . . that happened.

The support the artists have will be tested. Max Boyle got a PV, but clearly his support wasnt strong enough, to the point where one bad song choice the following week was enough to knock him out of the game.

We'll see what happens with Jim and Sasha next week. Out of the PVs tonight, they are the one that I can most see being in danger.

• Like 4

Just now, caburr1982 said:

Peedy's Instant Save Performance was not good and was the worst performance of the entire Live Playoffs

If anything at the very least, it was better than his playoff performance since he didn't get bandzilla'd or have a terrible ending note. I don't know how anyone could rank any performance above either of Bella's most recent ones or Jim and Sasha or Ryleigh though. 

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Three of the battle montage winners made it the playoffs, more proof that battles don't really matter.

the montages are done after they find out who makes POs, so it doesn't really make sense to analyze it that way. 

It's better to analyze it in terms of who made the top 13. Holly, Libanca, Jim & Sasha, and Shadale all made Pos and were montaged, but only two of them made it via PV (Holly and J&S), you could say the battle montage didn't affect them to get votes, but at the same time I don't think either of them had huge momentum either, they really benefitted from the most popular team ari contestants performing under expectations yesterday. Either way it shows that a battle montage caused little to no damage for either of them.

As for Shadale and Libianca, neither of them are the audence's cup of tea so they weren't gonna make it via PV either way, but the battle montage didn't help them either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Possibly Ryleigh, too.

I don't want to be any more negative, so i'll just say i really hope she can finally show her talent next week because i'm sure she is hella talented, but none of her performances so far has really showed her potential at all. 

Even if she is eliminated early, i really hope she can, at the very least, exit on a high note.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

the montages are done after they find out who makes POs, so it doesn't really make sense to analyze it that way. 

It's better to analyze it in terms of who made the top 13. Holly, Libanca, Jim & Sasha, and Shadale all made Pos and were montaged, but only two of them made it via PV (Holly and J&S), you could say the battle montage didn't affect them to get votes, but at the same time I don't think either of them had huge momentum either, they really benefitted from the most popular team ari contestants performing under expectations yesterday. Either way it shows that a battle montage caused little to no damage for either of them.

As for Shadale and Libianca, neither of them are the audence's cup of tea so they weren't gonna make it via PV either way, but the battle montage didn't help them either. 

made it *past the playoffs, there was a typo there, sorry! :thumbs:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Also...

Proof that this song is not necessarily a death sentence when done right. Granted, it was one of Myracle's weakest, but she didn't flop, and she nailed those fast wordy parts.

I'm still not over the fact that she was robbed in the instant save (how was she here in the first place?) after killing it. 🥲

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Also...

Proof that this song is not necessarily a death sentence when done right. Granted, it was one of Myracle's weakest, but she didn't flop, and she nailed those fast wordy parts.

I'm not a fan of the whole "don't do ______'s song" if you can't do it right" mentality but this song is an exception. Myracle did fantastic! And I still recall some negative feedback on IDF. Or at least concern that she was bussed just by looking at the song choice and couldn't pull it off.

Ryleigh, unfortunately, did not pull it off. Hope she recovers next week though!

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2

Next week. Who do u think are gonna be the bottom 3, if it goes like tonight????

I'd say Lana Scott, Ryleigh and one more. Can't really think.

But maybe Lana and Ryleigh are the ones leaving the competition next week. No hate to them. It's just that the competition is stronger and both of them were a little off this week. I mean I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 Ariana Team members in the bottom 3 

Also I barely see anyone on Team KC at the bottom 3. Even if there is one person, 90% the instant save Winner will be from Team KC, If at all there is one from her team

Edited by Voice fan
Have to add more info
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voice fan said:

Next week. Who do u think are gonna be the bottom 3, if it goes like tonight????

But maybe Lana and Ryleigh are the ones leaving the competition next week. No hate to them. It's just that the competition is stronger and both of them were a little off this week. I mean I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 Ariana Team members in the bottom 3 

Also I barely see anyone on Team KC at the bottom 3. Even if there is one person, 90% the instant save Winner will be from Team KC, If at all there is one from her team

Well historically, we're gonna get 1 shocking elimination the first round. Not necessarily a top competitor but maybe somebody in the middle tier that people expected to make semifinals. Maybe Paris or Gymani?

this isn't shade or anything, just looking at eliminations like SandyRedd, Max Boyle, etc.

Edited by Someone648

5 minutes ago, Voice fan said:

As a Shadale stan, she needs to bring an "Impossible" level of performance to move on. Not being in the audience's radar + being on Team Legend is a deadly spot rn. I feel like if Ryleigh pulls it off next week she can make it to at least the top 10, and Blake rarely gets a top 13 elimination (Cali was an exception but she didn't do well and the audience was pretty pissed at Blake saving her)

We could make arguments for many falling in the bottom next week [Gymani, Shadale, Jeremy (I think song choice defo benefitted him this week), Jim & Sasha, Ryleigh, Lana, etc]

It bums me out what just happened to Samuel and Bella. Bella mainly because she didn't get to exit on a high note after having stellar performances in the previous rounds. What were the producers thinking though? If they wanted to make the Arianators happy to keep watching the show why did they do that to Bella when they couldve given her a ballad or slower songs? Why would they bus Samuel after he was given protagonist treatment and was already cemented as John's frontrunner pre-lives? Someone please enlighten me on this

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

I don't want to be any more negative, so i'll just say i really hope she can finally show her talent next week because i'm sure she is hella talented, but none of her performances so far has really showed her potential at all. 

Even if she is eliminated early, i really hope she can, at the very least, exit on a high note.

Have you seen her KO? Or battle

6 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Random Question: are they allowed to use an instrument during the Instant Save performances?

It seems like they aren't anymore. The last time someone played an instrument on an IS was Andrew Sevener if I'm correct, and that was S16.

Also Ian Flanigan and JMY, two contestants who had the guitar with them throughout the season, sang without them there.

So yeah, when Jim and Sasha have to sing on an IS, it'll probably be the only time we'll see Jim without an instrument. (Props to the guy btw, he has already played guitar, mandolin, harmonica, and piano on the show).

Edited by Misirlou
  • Thanks 1