The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Agrred. To me Wendy is similar stylistically to Kelly. Both are  influenced very much by Motown and old school r and b. Both have sang country songs but neither actually sound country when they sing.

I agree. Both are very versatile and sound great no matter what genre they're singing.

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Will you finally admit SITW was a terrible song choice? 

I guess but only because it sent her home. Objectively I thought she still sounded great on it. But maybe she wouldn’t have made it anyway. It seems her tone is so divisive so she always had haters. Others that didn’t like her tone automatically thought she sucked when in reality they just didn’t like her tone. It is a classic twang though so not sure why it didn’t catch on with minivan.

Edited by gabe0101

4 minutes ago, gabe0101 said:

Lana has barely any covers so hard to judge. But Wendy would never make it in country music like Lana would. Wendy has no country sound to her voice. Successful country artists have that country sound that Lana has. 

So there's no country artist in the finale.  Not a tragedy. I'm not sure why you feel entitled to one. Lana lost with Blake's support. The end.

• Like 2

Just now, WastedinMemphis said:

So there's no country artist in the finale.  Not a tragedy. I'm not sure why you feel entitled to one. Lana lost with Blake's support. The end.

For diversity. Why do you want 3 soul/R&B singers who we always have artists like every season? There hasn’t been a voice like Lana’s. 

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

tbh I couldn't even tell that Lana was a country singer pre-show. She definitely was on the show but in her covers she mostly sounded like pop with a slight twang.

https://www.instagram.com/ameasureoflana/p/BW1EhckAmnJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

I thought she was more pop pre-season too. Especially since the only song choice we knew of her was Wildest Dreams.

• Like 1

Hey TPTB, before you start making some ill-conceived song choices for the finale, I have done your job for you :w00twave:

Uptempo solo:

Wendy - Gimme Shelter/Respect

Paris - Purple Rain 

Hailey - Hailey is very young, so trying to be mindful of content is difficult. I say No Tears Left to Cry just for Ari 😛

Jershika - Respect/Gimme Shelter (we share here ok)

Ballad/slow songs:

Wendy - Hallelujah 👼 

Paris - In the air tonight (idk if either of Paris' fit the criteria but idc im using them anyway)

Hailey - No Time To Die 

Jershika - An emeli sande song or Speak the Name by Koryn Hawthorne 

Kelly clearly doesn't need help with GNT's songs, but if she's taking recommendations

Upbeat - Hit the Road Jack

Slow - Shallow 

• Like 1

Just now, gabe0101 said:

I guess but only because it sent her home. Objectively I thought she still sounded great on it. But maybe she wouldn’t have made it anyway. It seems her tone is so divisive so she always had haters. Others that didn’t like her tone automatically thought she sucked when in reality they just didn’t like her tone. It is a classic twang though so not sure why it didn’t catch out with minivan.

OK. 

You’ve probably noticed I don’t usually support the soulful, R&B females. When the spoilers came out last summer, I did a ton of research on Wendy, and probably listened to 50-100 videos of her singing, plus at least 5 full listens of her two of her albums. This is just for context so that you understand I know Wendy’s background pretty well. 

1 minute ago, gabe0101 said:

For diversity. Why do you want 3 soul/R&B singers who we always have artists like every season? There hasn’t been a voice like Lana’s. 

That's a funny argument on this show for so many reasons.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

tbh I couldn't even tell that Lana was a country singer pre-show. She definitely was on the show but in her covers she mostly sounded like pop with a slight twang.

https://www.instagram.com/ameasureoflana/p/BW1EhckAmnJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

As someone who happens to be the 3rd member on her fan thread, i agree. I would've never guessed that she was country pre-season, especially considering her KO's song choice, and that it was the only song choice of her we knew at the time

Btw, her KO's performance will always be one of the most memorable performances on that round for me. Taylor would be proud🥰

I was a fool for underestimating Jershika. I am glad to be wrong that she can win over Lana and J&S.. 

thoughts on the finalists… It’ll be a GNT crowning for sure… they have been consistently number 1 on itunes placement among the finalists, views and reacts… 

I am excited to see who will end up second.. it looks like Wendy for sure but Hailey seems to be right behind her.. 

Paris showed cracks in the semis i would’ve been picking him to place behind GNT but Wendy and Hailey both have momentum..

Jershika I love but if Desz and the countless other Black soulful divas have fallen 4th or 5th it doesn’t bode too well for her.. plus it says a lot she had to win IS twice just to advance..

34 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Wendy Moten is a country singer too. A damn good one and exactly what the genre needs. More Yolas, less Morgan Wallens. To neglect the fact Wendy herself has dabbled in country alongside great names and said she is a country singer as well, is simply erasure. 

you really ate with this post… Yola praise, a Morgan Wallen drag, AND Wendy support? OKAY QUEEN👏👑

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, team quotas and all, John still has never been shut out of a finale.

Without the team quotas in season eighteen, he almost certainly might've been.  Many people here thought that he deserved to be with the choices he made that season.