The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Last post until s22. I just want to highlight how consistent Kelly is in putting her finalists first.. Never in her 8 seasons did she select a song/project she is a part of as the coach’s duet.. can’t say the same for the other coaches.. 

(But yeah that duet with GNT wasn’t the best as it did not highlight their harmonies but i guess it was selected to try and show how GNT can sound current 😊)

2 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Also, do winners normally get this amount of negativity on social media? Twitter and Facebook are furious but I expected Facebook to be rejoicing since that was their main demographic. 

They are that mad? (I'm guessing Viva La Vida began to trigger criticism for them slowly...and this is not counting that they are a trio).

4 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Also, do winners normally get this amount of negativity on social media? Twitter and Facebook are furious but I expected Facebook to be rejoicing since that was their main demographic. 

Facebook is always furious if their king doesn't win.  It always has to be their king, their shepherd, or they're unhappy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Sometimes. It depends on who wins and who the runner-up is. In this case, GNT don't fit the mold of the facebook winner and there was also a very deserving runner-up that would have been the preference of twitter. People who are upset are generally the loudest as well, but they got the most votes, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Thoughts and Sounds

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Facebook is always furious if their king doesn't win.  It always has to be their king, their shepherd, or they're unhappy.

let's not act as if there would be floods of hate in the comments if Wendy (or Paris) had won

The truth is tat the show's audience will never be satisfied. They always find something to complain about. GNT was obviously their fav, and there's still complaining there. It would probs be much worse if any of the other finalists had won

• Like 3

Facebook has been much nicer to GNT then Wendy all season. 

Also minivan likes Blake, but they have very real preferences in who they vote for. And if Blake doesn’t have someone who fits, they will vote for other people. As much as some on here would like to pretend they’re just sheep 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Facebook has been much nicer to GNT then Wendy all season. 

Also minivan likes Blake, but they have very real preferences in who they vote for. And if Blake doesn’t have someone who fits, they will vote for other people. As much as some on here would like to pretend they’re just sheep 

It is still a bit surprising that their win in the end is more polarizing than expected on FB.

Just now, seak05 said:

Facebook has been much nicer to GNT than Wendy all season. 

Then explain how his team, almost every season (in the normal format), gets to the semifinals completely intact before he finally loses someone.  Because they vote for his team no matter what, just to keep him happy, even if they don't like its members.

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Then explain how his team, almost every season (in the normal format), gets to the semifinals completely intact before he finally loses someone.  Because they vote for his team no matter what, just to keep him happy, even if they don't like its members.

Because you can vote for more then one person, and it doesn’t really matter until the final. 

It’s an AND statement not an OR statement. They vote for Blake AND they vote musical preference. But when push comes to shove in the final, they go musical preference. It’s why Blake doesn’t win every season

35 minutes ago, kurumi said:

We need Kelly to make history again next season and bring us the first female African-American artist on the Voice!!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe I just found out that no female African American artist has ever been on The Voice. Not one. In the 21st century. It's giving discrimination for me 🤬

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, jem128 said:

GNT released their Christmas song No Snow for Christmas. I assume it’s the same one up on their YouTube. It’s licensed to Republic so I guess that explains that. 

I love it ❤️ 

Written by Girl Named Tom Performed by Girl Named Tom, Mollie B and Ted Lange Produced by Ted Lange at Powerbox Studios (www.tedlange.com) “No Snow for Christmas” came to Girl Named Tom (Bekah, Josh and Caleb Liechty) on Christmas Day, 2019 when the weather outside was anything but frightful. With white Christmases apparently in the past, childhood memories of snowy holidays have grown even fonder. In 2020, the trio collaborated with Mollie B & Ted Lange on their Virtual Mollie B Christmas Special. The 5 musicians ended up falling in love with their new vision of “No Snow for Christmas,” and decided to record it the very next day. Our hope is that this nostalgic and celebratory tune lifts your spirits even when the snow doesn’t fall! Follow Girl Named Tom: Website: https://www.girlnamedtom.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/girlnamedtom Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/girlnamedtom Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/girlnamedtom Email: girlnamedtomtour@gmail.com Store: https://www.girlnamedtom.com/shop

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jem128 said:

GNT released their Christmas song No Snow for Christmas. I assume it’s the same one up on their YouTube. It’s licensed to Republic so I guess that explains that. 

I wonder if Republic always wanted them win or lose. That's certainly interesting though.