IDF Dictionary

Angeles

Pandering: Something many people on IDF accuse (a lot of the time injustifibly) contestants of doing in order to get votes. Examples include singing religious songs to cater to the mostly Christian audience, singing country songs as a non country artist to cater to their taste, or dedicating a song to their spouses or children to pull their heartstrings.

Edited by Misirlou

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Pandering: Something many people on IDF accuse (a lot of the time injustifibly) contestants of doing in order to get votes. Examples include singing religious songs to cater to the mostly Christian audience, singing country songs as a non country artist to cater to their taste, or dedicating a song to their spouses or children to pull their heartstrings.

Don’t forget singing “God Bless The USA” with an American flag scarf wrapped around the mic stand 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Don’t forget singing “God Bless The USA” with an American flag scarf wrapped around the mic stand 😉

That was definitely weird considering who in their mind would chose a straight out patriotic song for a singing competiton lol. But that's who he is honestly, he always wraps the flag around the mic in his shows (based on his IG), and has sung that song multiple times there.

What I didnt like about that was his vocal performance, that was awful. And if he was going to choose a song that big, he needed to deliver.

Just now, QueenCami said:

Suds in The Bucket (noun): A song that does not fit the artist; often used as a bus. Can be used to describe other songs that don't fit the singer.

(Lips of An Angel also works)

Still pissed about both of those :/

• Sad 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

I haven't heard much of Morgan, but she sounds great based on the one performance I've heard from her. I love Brennley though and I'm annoyed that she got such a bad song :(

She should’ve won the Instant Save after “Warrior” imo.

• Like 5

"Too Hot For Minivan" The emotionally shallow space where minivan denies the existence of female contestants too old to qualify as an adopted daughter and pretty enough to challenge what ever remains of their vanity.  

Proposed acronym:  THFM

h/t @TeamAudra

Screamer:  The dismissive for any powerhouse female. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

WGWG - Bland generic guys with a guitar who will appeal to Minimoms, will place higher than strong powerful talented queens

I see this more used in the Idol sub-forum and not as negatively, but yes.

“Bloodbath”:  Another term for the semi-final round. It was first coined during whichever season featured the 8 to 3+1 format for the first time. I still remember that discussion in the spoiler thread, but I‘m not sure who gets credit. 

Stage presence - A requirement for every contestant according to Minivan, unless you’re a country male then you’re just being humble

Too confident - A lame excuse Minivan uses to justify their biases against contestants they hate (example : Marisa Corvo)

Marisa Corvo - The queen of the gossip thread