IDF Dictionary

Angeles

Trainwreck is any performance that is flat/pitchy the whole way through and has almost no redeeming qualities. Song choices that don’t fit at all or really bad nerves often cause these to occur. Contestants often get eliminated after performances like this

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

That’s just the bias talking 

Nah, one of the artists who I’ve really enjoyed this season had a performance I’d a performance I’d absolutely class as a trainwreck, while multiple artists I’m less sold on (including one of the most polarizing artists this season) I ranked towards the top of my list performance-wise Monday night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Nah, one of the artists who I’ve really enjoyed this season had a performance I’d a performance I’d absolutely class as a trainwreck, while multiple artists I’m less sold on (including one of the most polarizing artists this season) I ranked towards the top of my list performance-wise Monday night.

I know exactly who you’re talking about, since I really liked that artist in the early rounds. And I would also classify that performance as a trainwreck. Another similar contestant back in S15 that I liked prelives also delivered a trainwreck in playoffs. And I remember another frontrunner from back in an early season that had a trainwreck a couple weeks after charting very high on iTunes and risked elimination despite his popularity that season, and ended up not making finale that season.

My definition of trainwreck- A performance that is noticeably flat/pitchy almost the whole time and has almost no redeeming qualities, frequently causing a contestant to get eliminated, regardless of their popularity

IDF was pretty lukewarm about Jordan Matthew Young for the entire pre-lives but did a 180 on him after his PO performance. Granted, the claws came out after he advanced over Gihanna, but IDF knows when to reward a good performance :haha:

Just now, FloorWax said:

IDF was pretty lukewarm about Jordan Matthew Young for the entire pre-lives but did a 180 on him after his PO performance. Granted, the claws came out after he advanced over Gihanna, but IDF knows when to reward a good performance :haha:

I mean, his PO was just badass. Cheesy as the word is, no better way to describe it. Even if its not your cup of tea, if you love music, you should be able to acknowledge performances like that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I know exactly who you’re talking about, since I really liked that artist in the early rounds. And I would also classify that performance as a trainwreck. Another similar contestant back in S15 that I liked prelives also delivered a trainwreck in playoffs. And I remember another frontrunner from back in an early season that had a trainwreck a couple weeks after charting very high on iTunes and risked elimination despite his popularity that season, and ended up not making finale that season.

My definition of trainwreck- A performance that is noticeably flat/pitchy almost the whole time and has almost no redeeming qualities, frequently causing a contestant to get eliminated, regardless of their popularity

Trying to remember who (besides Abby

and Keith) really flubbed things in the playoffs for S15, but if the second person is who I’m thinking it is, I’d imagine their coach affiliation didn’t exactly help them out considering they’re polarizing despite generally having strong teams.

Anyway, I’d use your definition of “train wreck” because it’s pretty accurate in terms of what I’ve seen on the show.

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I’m talking about in general. Not  abour how  you react. 

Edited by xfactor22

8 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

but if the second person is who I’m thinking it is, I’d imagine their coach affiliation didn’t exactly help them out considering they’re polarizing despite generally having strong teams

To be fair, that contestant (idk if we are talking about the same person, but i'll assume we are) flopped, like, really hard. I don't think having other coach would have helped him that much. 

Also, that coach didn't have a finalist that season?? A runner-up, btw. The "coach" effect in the voters, didn't really work that much that season 

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

That was a dark day for IDF. :stealth:

Hopefully, we learned our lesson and we won't have another meltdown like that this season. 

There was a mini meltdown over one eliminated act already, but it wasn’t nearly as bad because the person who advanced over them was widely agreed upon as being deserving of advancement.

Anyway…

Meltdown (alternative definition): a scenario where IDF gets upset/angry/sad/irritated/aggressive about the outcome of the show. Often (but not always) linked to the Instant Save when the winner of the save is less popular than the loser/losers. Generally happens within the live discussion threads for episodes of the show, but on occasion has been known to spill over to other threads.

Edited by VintageVoice

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I doubt it, finale results night is going to be a mess.

Especially if Wendy doesn't win :stealth:

I don't really care who wins, I just want my fave to make finale and have good performances, but I know several users care way more than I do about who takes the crown. Or possibly "crowns" this season lol

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I wouldn’t count on it.

If we learned our lesson we wouldn’t be the lovingly chaotic sh*tshow that some of us (myself included) spend a concerning amount of time on.

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I doubt it, finale results night is going to be a mess.

Honestly, at this point (with only one live show done, so it’s subject to change) I’d bet on semis over finale night being the messiest, since two of the acts that seem to be headed to the finale are well-liked or at least respected by the majority of the people on here.

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Honestly, at this point (with only one live show done, so it’s subject to change) I’d bet on semis over finale night being the messiest, since two of the acts that seem to be headed to the finale are well-liked or at least respected by the majority of the people on here.

I know GNT are liked but I don’t think that will matter. Wendy is Wendy, someone as good as her not winning is going to anger a lot of people.

And for me this isn’t an if, this is something that is gonna happen. If Wendy wins might as well throw everything I thought I knew about the show in a dumpster :haha:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, GNT is quite liked here, but I know there's gonna be some really mad people if she doesnt win.

It won't reach Jordan winning the IS, though.

I feel like the finale results will be interesting, but there are quite a few outcomes I might accept, considering I really like a few of the other potential winners

8 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

That was a dark day for IDF. :stealth:

Hopefully, we learned our lesson and we won't have another meltdown like that this season. 

I wasn’t there during that season at least not on the voice. Are you telling me IDF has matured since then and has learned to just to enjoy the show and appreciate watching their favs regardless how far they make it?

38 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

I wasn’t there during that season at least not on the voice. Are you telling me IDF has matured since then and has learned to just to enjoy the show and appreciate watching their favs regardless how far they make it?

Nah. Some people do that, but I'm sure others will have meltdowns if things dont go their way.

1 hour ago, xfactor22 said:

There is a reason why i said "hopefully". Which means we only can hope for it, but it's not likely at all to happen