IDF Dictionary

Angeles

Can't believe that @Angeles, being a new member, took the time to make a dictionary of IDF's terms so new users can navigate a lot easier, and we all decided to do a war that has nothing to do with the main topic of this thread. Shame on all of us 😓

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5

Thrist trap: A contestant that has gathered more attention for their looks than their vocal ability.

DQ´d: When a contestant is automatically eliminated from the show by TPTB for breaking any established rules the show integrates.

Pulling a Pharrell: Choosing the weaker contestant in battles or knockouts in hopes of their stronger opponent getting stolen, therefore keeping them both in the competition.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Imagine claiming voter fraud when you simply don't like the winner of a singing competition. 🙄

Imagine making up stuff out of mid air because you don't like the narrative.  Unfortunately facts actually matter to most of us.  

No one...NO ONE said anything about not liking Chris or Voter fraud....except for you of course.  You can not have fraud when TPTB follows it's written rules. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Thrist trap: A contestant that has gathered more attention for their looks than their vocal ability.

DQ´d: When a contestant is automatically eliminated from the show by TPTB for breaking any established rules the show integrates.

Ryan Gallagher: The Voice Contestant - NBC.com

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 11

@istersay, i hate to have to ping you for this as i usually wouldn't wanna waste your time, but could you move some of these comments to general? i would hate for this thread which is meant to inform to be filled with an argument over which winner is deserving; it's not a good look (especially for people who have just joined idf!)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

As long as you (or anyone) don't say that Craig deserved to win (like WTF!) i'm fine 👍

CRAIG WAYNE BOYD WON FAIR AND SQUARE. PERIOD.

Chris, Alisan(even if Adam was my #1 fav), Jake(even if Ricky was my fav among the finalists), and Todd all deserved to win.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

CRAIG WAYNE BOYD WON FAIR AND SQUARE. PERIOD.

Chris, Alisan(even if Adam was my #1 fav), Jake(even if Ricky was my fav among the finalists), and Todd all deserved to win.

A better example have been "as long as you don't say that Jermaine deservingly won"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, David68 said:

A better example have been "as long as you don't say that Jermaine deservingly won"

Yeah, I don't think anyone on IDF likes Jermaine enough to defend him, which is coming from someone who didn't mind him winning S2. :giggle: 

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone on IDF likes Jermaine enough to defend him, which is coming from someone who didn't mind him winning S2. :giggle: 

I agree that he shouldnt have beaten Juliet (Roxanne and IAMMMW were proof enough of that). However, everybody treats him like he couldn't even hit a note in tune lol, he even gets hate outside of the Juliet situation.

Did he deserve to beat Juliet? No

Is he a skilled singer in his own right? Yes

• Like 8

Ok, if you are gonna insist, let's get this straight guys. The rules says that the winner is the one that get most votes in the finale, right? So, EVERY F***ING WINNER DESERVED TO WIN, because, for whathever reason, they got the most votes. And no, TPTB can't manipulate the votes, they can manipulate the public to vote for certain contestants for the sake of making good television, but that is not the contestants fault at all, (and most of the time, it doesn't work anyways) so, let's bury that topic six feet under earth. Let's that for the fans on YouTube.

And yes, even Jermaine deserved his win, because, at the end of the day, he got more votes than Juliette, and there is nothing we can do about it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

can y'all move this conversation to the general thread lmao, usually dictionaries aren't this filled with arguments

Chris vs. Lauren became IDF vs. Craig, which now became Jermaine vs. Juliet. Welcome to IDF everybody! :teeheewave:

robin williams hello GIF

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I agree that he shouldnt have beaten Juliet (Roxanne and IAMMMW were proof enough of that). However, everybody treats him like he couldn't even hit a note in tune lol, he even gets hate outside of the Juliet situation.

Did he deserve to beat Juliet? No

Is he a skilled singer in his own right? Yes

Yeah I agree he was a deserving finalist. It's just that he didn't deserve to win over Juliet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

And no, TPTB can't manipulate the votes,

Obviously you have never read the rules. So please don't act like you know what you are talking about.  Up until a few years ago NBC used to publish them online.  Many of us here have actually read them and they absolutely can change all or part of any vote, on any method, at any time for any reason.  The biggest FY though is the rules also say they do not have to notify anyone if they do change the vote. 

Then there was the contestant who gave copies of the contract to the press back in 2014.  NBC covered it up and made everyone take down the copies but the story is still up.   https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/voice-harsh-contract-deny-contestants-including-voice-article-1.1721131

#Facts

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Obviously you have never read the rules. So please don't act like you know what you are talking about.  Up until a few years ago NBC used to publish them online.  Many of us here have actually have read them and they absolutely can change all or part of any vote, on any method, at any time for any reason.  The biggest FY though is the rules also say they do not have to notify anyone if they do change the vote. 

Then there was the contestant who gave copies of the contract to the press back in 2014.  NBC covered it up and made everyone take down the copies but the story is still up.   https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/voice-harsh-contract-deny-contestants-including-voice-article-1.1721131

#Facts

😳 Ok, that's enough IDF for today. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Reviving this @Angeles

King of the Trolls: Season 21 contestant Samuel Harness

who was the absolute biggest pain in the rear about “is he in town for battles or not” and caused quite the stir on the spoiler thread and his fan thread debating whether he made the cut or not until we got confirmation about his battle pairing once spoilers were released. He’s since continued teasing stuff about the show since without directly saying things about the show.

Side note: if you’ve ever seen the “King in the North” chanting clip from Game of Thrones, that’s the energy you have to put into saying King of the Trolls, I don’t make the rules

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...