American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Well, I knew it was never winning because it’s far to polarizing too win out of this group of performances, so I’m glad all the high rankings pushed it to #8. ❤️ 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

Carrie Underwood keeps placing eighth in Idol-centric rank downs. Nadia Turner placed eighth in the season Carrie won. That means that Nadia Turner should have won season four instead. In this essay, I will...

(I'm clearly being facetious. Don't attack me, stans. :dead:)

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

And this Top 7 is probably what I expected. I would've expected Chandelier to make it over one of them... maybe Billie Jean since it was somehow polarizing in the season 7 round?

Gonna guess Lovesong or I Who Have Nothing as the ultimate winner, though.

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And this Top 7 is probably what I expected. I would've expected Chandelier to make it over one of them... maybe Billie Jean since it was somehow polarizing in the season 7 round?

Gonna guess Lovesong or I Who Have Nothing as the ultimate winner, though.

Yeah, I was thinking over the last few days that "I (Who Have Nothing)" could be a possible winner contender. I'm thinking that probably comes in 2nd to "Lovesong."

7. LaToya London "Don't Rain on My Parade"

0R1KLIc.png

9.4/20

Watch Here

@*Chris - 3/20

@Alex95 - 4/20

@FrogLenzen - 4/20

@Crisis - 4/20

@*Lily - 4/20

@NGM - 5/20

@*Amanda - 7/20

@*Diana - 9/20

@JC - 9/20

@Elliott - 10/20

@jarmon - 11/20

@Solaris - 11/20

@rdhaley96 - 12/20

@Steven_ - 13/20

@QueenKalie - 13/20

@*Wallace - 14/20

@sublymonal - 14/20

@taylorkat - 16/20

@Zoey - 16/20

Chris

This performance proves why Season 3 is regarded as one of Idol’s best season.

Alex

The definition of showstopping. I had a bad feeling this would be hurt by lack of passion. But it is the highest performance without a number one ranking! I just need LaToya have to her real world moment like her fellow S3 divas! Is that too much to ask?!

Derek

remember that time LaToya was eliminated and then still reprised this perfectly. I stand by my opinion that Fantasia's Summertime was the true moment of the season and in a different league. But that doesn't mean this performance isn't better than almost everything else ever haha. This is my winner prediction.

Crisis

This was a mini upset because although Fantasia has her fair share of detractors, I expected Summertime to win the S3 Round. I am not complaining, for Don’t Rain On My Parade was my favorite S3 performance. I knew this would be in my Top 5 and settled for fourth because I enjoyed the three I have above it more.

Lily

JHud has her EGOT...LaToya it's not too late to follow! Such an effortless and powerful performance.

Nico

Sooo good, and even if not my fave performance from that season, I love LaToya so much that it doesn’t matter, this was fantastic.

Amanda

Such a perfect song for LaToya to cover and a stunning performance from her.

Diana

Love her but not my favorite winning performance

JC

I just love when she sings broadway just stunning queen bossing out those ballads!

Elliott

I wasn't sure how this would shake out for me in the grand scheme of things, but it turns out I didn't particularly care for a bulk of these winning performances.

Akshar

ICONIC song choice! But, I have to say that Fantasia's "Summertime" was robbed. This is a good performance and she gave us the SASS and owned the performance! She made it look so easy as well so mad props to her!

Sola

stunning, effortless performance and totally deserved its win in season 3.

Richard

This wouldn’t have been my winner for the season (I’d place both Fantasia’s “Summertime” and “I Believe” ahead of this one, at the very least), but LaToya gave a fantastic performance here. Great song choice, terrific delivery, and strong vocals minus perhaps that wobbly last note. She truly took the Big Band theme and ran with it.

Steven

Fantastic vocals from LaToya. She had a lot of charm, and that last note was especially impressive. It was an amazing performance.

QK

I just watched this performance for the first time and it was a nice enough performance I guess. 

Wally

Back for or my Season 3 winner’s prediction, I feel and predict that LaToya a performance will win…. i was thinking either "Don't Rain On My Parade" or “Somewhere,” but leaning towards "Don't Rain On My Parade.”  I would not be mad about that if I’m right since this is an absolutely fantastic performance. The way LaToya starts off this performance where she sings “hey world! here I am!”, is already iconic. THOSE OPENING VOCALS? Are just wow and so incredible! :omg:  It was like she was making a statement and she let herself be known there. She delivered such flawless perfect vocals throughout as well showing lots of personality had killer stage presence here. She really came off as a professional Broadway performer. Some parts I really love from LaToya are where she sings:

I gotta fly once

I gotta try once

Only can die once, right, sir?

Ooh, life is juicy

Juicy, and you'll see

I'm gonna have my bite, sir!

She sounds so amazing there but has so much fun with singing that part. Love the attitude and sass she brought there. The way she plays off and execute that “I'm gonna have my bite, sir!” does crack me up a bit… she’s so playful there. Then the way LaToya closes this performance where she sings:

Nobody, no, nobody

Is gonna rain on my parade!

Wow what an amazing closing! :omg: The way she held that long “parade” note for 12 seconds was incredible. Also remember when Latoya gave another flawless rendition of this song a week later after her disgusting robbery elimination? That was another amazing performance she gave us there!

Reason for this #14 ranking: It's kinda crazy how I called this being the winner for Season 3. This was such a legendary performance for the Season 3 game being the only performance to not receive any Bottom 10 rankings from any rankers. UGH I feel terrible placing this in my Bottom 10 here now and I hope I am not the only one to do so or else, I will feel really bad about this ranking. 🙈 No doubt I love this performance and think it's amazing, but I'm ranking this here as..... it's just not that legendary to me like the other performances I have ranked above it? Y'ALL CAN THROW your tomatoes at me, but let me speak! (!) I think of "All By Myself" or "Somewhere" as La Toya's most legendary performances, while this is probably 3rd for me - whereas everyone else's performances above are their most legendary performances, imo. So it just falls on the lower end for me because of that.

Andrew

LaToya is an icon and while I’d be fine with this winning, I prefer other performances. Also still bitter Summertime or I Believe didn’t win.

Gigi

I am a fan, but this is not the song I would have chosen to win for her or overall.

Zoey

Absolutely not. No thank you sir. This won over Diana, Fantasia and Jennifer? Lord.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Winners at War - #7 Posted)

So that means Tamyra, Blake, David, Kris, Haley, and Candice are left.

I’m guessing either Tamyra or David will win. Blake or Kris would be my ideal winner from the six remaining, but I don’t think that will happen. A Candice or Haley win wouldn’t surprise me though.

Aww I do love this performance from La Toya and ugh I hated ranking this so low, but yeah it's so tricky ranking this amongst all of these iconic performances. That's really impressive how this performance got this high without any #1 ranks. 😮 It's probably the only performance without any Bottom 4 ranks too. 

This will probably be the least polarizing performance as it has all of its ranks from the #3 through #16 spots.

Elliott's comment is ~so shocking. :haha: Lmaoo Zoey's hating behind with her comment. :dead: (Lol I'm teasing. :haha: ) Ooh And totally agree with Gigi too. 

Ugh I forgot to mention how I thought "Summertime" should have won for S3 too, but yeah I agree with everyone's comments that mentioned that performance. That probably would have ranked somewhere within my Top 5. But still, this was an undeniable performance. 

I'm still surprised Blake is still in this as I thought he would have had more detractors than this showed. But I'm ok with his performance still remaining as it's so legendary.

21 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

ugh we didn't deserve this queen on DWTS, we were so lucky for those weeks

One of the most professional and put together women to grace the DWTS stage. :wub:

The Real Housewives are always screwed over by the show. Erika should’ve lasted a lot longer than she did and the same with Nene. Maybe even LVP!

Zolciak can gtfo.

damn I expect this at least a couple of stops higher (not much, around 5th was my prediction) but what Alex said is pretty much why I thought she was gonna do well yet not win: while she’s not polarizing, she’s not someone people are passionate about

• Like 1

I’ll never understand the love for Latoya. I always found her to be too much of a cabaret singer compared to Fantasia, Jennifer, Diane and Jasmine. By far the weakest of the “divas” that season.

I don’t understand how that performance won and how AGDTTSCU or Ain’t Nobody made the final rankings. :whut: Especially over some others!

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

I’ll never understand the love for Latoya. I always found her to be too much of a cabaret singer compared to Fantasia, Jennifer, Diane and Jasmine. By far the weakest of the “divas” that season.

I don’t understand how that performance won and how AGDTTSCU or Ain’t Nobody made the final rankings:whut: Especially over some others!

While I disagree with most of what you said on LaToya, I do agree on this part. That performance didn't need to make the finals where she had much stronger performances that missed and could have made the finals instead. :haha: It was still an impressive performance considering how challenging and out of her comfort zone it was, but still I thought she had bigger standouts.

• Confused 1