American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Fun fact, I actually love Chris Daughtry a lot and he was easily my second favorite on the season when I watched it back in the day. Kat was my favorite but I didn’t expect her to win over Chris who seemed like the obvious front runner... but obviously that’s what happened to all of america when we all collectively forgot to vote for Chris at top 4 lol. 

Of course Chris was a groundbreaking contestant who took the torch from Bo Bice for rockers and also did more then almost any other contestant in establishing the trend of using creative arrangements rather than just same old covers. Bo Bice got his foot in the door, but Chris kicked it open so that David Cook could walk through. But whenever I revisit this season I’m not really that impressed by his vocals. Chris has massively improved over time (he was incredible on the masked singer) but he was still working through some vocal kinks during idol imo, and Kat, Elliott, Paris, and Mandisa all out-sang him regularly. In hindsight 4th place was not too shabby for him in my view (gag at Taylor instead of the black women of course).

So yeah my plan was to try to prevent a Chris win and help out the others I just listed. Chris will always be the most iconic and successful contestant from this season, but his performances were just not my fave compared to the others. My true ranks for him would probably be 10-12, 17, 19, 20.

37 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Well, seeing your tribute write-ups about Vonzell in S4 inspired me to do something similar. :haha: I'm happy to see someone enjoy my write-ups. I tried to make them as fun as possible, especially Katharine's. :haha:

As for the rest:

Wally ranking Paris' These Foolish Things at #20 was definitely an eyebrow raiser. 🤨

Reading some of the rankings and write-ups were disappointing but unfortunately not surprising. Although Katharine is my favorite Idol contestant and Chris is in my overall Top 20, I'm fine with neither of their performances winning because of all the tanking and pettiness between the two fanbases. I'm also happy to see Elliott top the list if Katharine couldn't. Throughout the game I've tried to be as objective as possible; however, I may have a little fun of my own. For starters, I have the sudden urge to want to play S9...🙂.

I'm both sad and relieved S5 is over. It was so much fun rewatching all of the performances and re-living the season, as it was the season that really got me into Idol. However, it was the most stressful season for me. Despite that, it wasn't as bad as I feared it would be.

I'm looking forward to S6, for it's another one of my favorite seasons. In fact, I think it's the most underrated one.

Awww yayy I am glad my Vonzell tribute write-ups inspired your tribute write-ups for S5! 😄 And esss your write-ups were all fun to read and especially the Katharine ones some of which I could relate to. :giggle:

LOL the Paris TFT comments here. Yeah I def shocked people with that one. :lmao::ph34rwave:

And I share these same thoughts as you regarding Chris/Katharine/Elliott and your Season 5 love here. :yes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, #jeah said:

Why are we ranking people’s performances low because of their political views? :whut: Is this Twitter?

If this was 2015 or so I'd somewhat agree with you, but after the last few years it is absolutely acceptable to do this.

7 hours ago, Elliott said:

Peter Griffin Work GIF
me hacking into an admin’s account to ban anyone who tries to come for Melinda Doolittle

Get ready because you know it's gonna happen lmao.

I would've given the win to "Trouble" but I'm fine with ASFY winning. Really glad SOTR didn't win. Soooo overrated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Awww yayy I am glad my Vonzell tribute write-ups inspired your tribute write-ups for S5! 😄 And esss your write-ups were all fun to read and especially the Katharine ones some of which I could relate to. :giggle:

LOL the Paris TFT comments here. Yeah I def shocked people with that one. :lmao::ph34rwave:

And I share these same thoughts as you regarding Chris/Katharine/Elliott and your Season 5 love here. :yes:

At least someone could relate to them. :haha:

When I saw you saying your #20 would surprise some people, I figured it was Paris. I couldn't see a Katharine or Elliott performance being there. You already mentioned your least favorite Chris performance, and I didn't think it was Mandisa. With said, I expected Fever to be #20 and not TFT. :haha: Speaking of surprises, I know you said you were surprised to see me rank Somewhere Over The Rainbow at #7. It shows I was being objective; otherwise, I would've ranked it #1 if only to be competitive and to counteract the tanking. It was a great performance and one of the most memorable Idol ones; it's just that I enjoyed and related to some of her other performances more.

They were my Top 3 that season, and would've made a great Top 3 in real life. :yes:

I may start having some fun in S6. :muwahaha: My fave this season has zero chance of winning, so I pretty much have nothing to lose. :haha:

11 hours ago, #jeah said:

Why are we ranking people’s performances low because of their political views? :whut: Is this Twitter?

I mean, these rankdowns are all about opinions and it’s my opinion that I don’t think we should “reward” someone (even with a trivial Rankdown win) that used her gay fans for clout while also donating to/voting for Republicans.

Who someone is as a person definitely affects my enjoyment of them/their performances. Clearly that’s not the case for everyone in this Rankdown but that’s their opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

At least someone could relate to them. :haha:

When I saw you saying your #20 would surprise some people, I figured it was Paris. I couldn't see a Katharine or Elliott performance being there. You already mentioned your least favorite Chris performance, and I didn't think it was Mandisa. With said, I expected Fever to be #20 and not TFT. :haha: Speaking of surprises, I know you said you were surprised to see me rank Somewhere Over The Rainbow at #7. It shows I was being objective; otherwise, I would've ranked it #1 if only to be competitive and to counteract the tanking. It was a great performance and one of the most memorable Idol ones; it's just that I enjoyed and related to some of her other performances more.

They were my Top 3 that season, and would've made a great Top 3 in real life. :yes:

I may start having some fun in S6. :muwahaha: My fave this season has zero chance of winning, so I pretty much have nothing to lose. :haha:

:yes::haha: 

Lol it was definitely kinda fun and scary causing some speculation on what my #20 would be. Oooh lol I love seeing all of this analysis of what you thought my #20 would be and oooo at thinking it could have been Fever. 😮 But yeah I put a Fantasia (my S3 fave) performance last so I have no issue putting my favorite or a big fave of mine last if their performance is my least fave of the Top 20. :haha: Ahh yes I totally get this on SOTR but totally respect you were being objective with your ranking despite knowing it would get some low rankings.

Paris was up there in my Top 3 with Chris as my 4th but big fans of all of them.

Lmao oh my…. curious who your S6 favorite is as I have no idea (and hopefully I won’t be too harsh toward them lmao). :lmao:

53 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao oh my…. curious who your S6 favorite is as I have no idea (and hopefully I won’t be too harsh toward them lmao). :lmao:

It's not like he has a still-active thread in the GD where he ranked every finalist or anything.

Season 6

la-et-idol-six-pix

We have 152 performances that we must cut down to our top 20 performances of season six.

Top 24 - Guys

Rudy Cardenas "Free Ride"

Brandon Rogers "Rock With You"

Sundance Head "Nights In White Satin"

Paul Kim "Careless Whisper"

Chris Richardson "I Don't Want To Be"

Nicholas Pedro "Now And Forever"

Blake Lewis "Somewhere Only We Know"

Sanjaya Malakar "Knocks Me Off My Feet"

Chris Sligh "Typical"

Jared Cotter "Back At One"

AJ Tabaldo "Never Too Much"

Phil Stacey "I Could Not Ask For More"

Top 24 - Girls

Stephanie Edwards "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore?"

Amy Krebs "I Can't Make You Love Me"

Leslie Hunt "A Natural Woman"

Sabrina Sloan "I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)"

Antonella Barba "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"

Jordin Sparks "Give Me One Reason"

Nicole Tranquillo "Stay"

Haley Scarnato "It's All Coming Back To Me Now"

Melinda Doolittle "(Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone"

Alaina Alexander "Brass In Pocket (I'm Special)"

Gina Glocksen "All By Myself"

LaKisha Jones "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going"

Top 20 - Guys

Phil Stacey "Missing You"

Jared Cotter "Let's Get It On"

AJ Tabaldo "Feeling Good"

Sanjaya Malakar "Steppin' Out With My Baby"

Chris Sligh "Trouble"

Nicholas Pedro "Fever"

Blake Lewis "Virtual Insanity"

Brandon Rogers "Time After Time"

Chris Richardson "Geek In The Pink"

Sundance Head "Mustang Sally"

Top 20 - Girls

Gina Glocksen "Alone"

Alaina Alexander "Not Ready To Make Nice"

LaKisha Jones "Midnight Train To Georgia"

Melinda Doolittle "My Funny Valentine"

Antonella Barba "Because You Loved Me"

Jordin Sparks "Reflection"

Stephanie Edwards "Dangerously In Love 2"

Leslie Hunt "Feeling Good"

Haley Scarnato "Queen Of The Night"

Sabrina Sloan "All The Man That I Need"

Top 16 - Guys

Blake Lewis "All Mixed Up"

Sanjaya Malakar "Waiting On The World To Change"

Sundance Head "Jeremy"

Chris Richardson "Tonight I Wanna Cry"

Jared Cotter "If You Really Love Me"

Brandon Rogers "I Just Want To Celebrate"

Phil Stacey "I Need You"

Chris Sligh "Wanna Be Loved"

Top 16 - Girls

Jordin Sparks "Heartbreaker"

Sabrina Sloan "Don't Let Go (Love)"

Antonella Barba "Put Your Records On"

Haley Scarnato "If My Heart Had Wings"

Stephanie Edwards "Sweet Thing"

LaKisha Jones "I Have Nothing"

Gina Glocksen "Call Me When You're Sober"

Melinda Doolittle "I'm A Woman"

Top 12 - Diana Ross

Brandon Rogers "You Can't Hurry Love"

Melinda Doolittle "Home"

Chris Sligh "Endless Love"

Gina Glocksen "Love Child"

Sanjaya Malakar "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

Haley Scarnato "Missing You"

Phil Stacey "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me"

LaKisha Jones "God Bless The Child"

Blake Lewis "You Keep Me Hangin' On"

Stephanie Edwards "Love Hangover"

Chris Richardson "The Boss"

Jordin Sparks 'If We Hold On Together"

Top 11 - British Invasion

Haley Scarnato "Tell Him"

Chris Richardson "Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying"

Stephanie Edwards "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me"

Blake Lewis "Time Of The Season"

LaKisha Jones "Diamonds Are Forever"

Phil Stacey "Tobacco Road"

Jordin Sparks "I (Who Have Nothing)"

Sanjaya Malakar "You Really Got Me"

Gina Glocksen "Paint It, Black"

Chris Sligh "She's Not There"

Melinda Doolittle "As Long As He Needs Me"

Top 10 - Gwen Stefani

LaKisha Jones "Last Dance"

Chris Sligh "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"

Gina Glocksen "I'll Stand By You"

Sanjaya Malakar "Bathwater"

Haley Scarnato "True Colors"

Phil Stacey "Every Breath You Take"

Melinda Doolittle "Heaven Knows"

Blake Lewis "Lovesong"

Jordin Sparks "Hey Baby"

Chris Richardson "Don't Speak"

Top 9 - American Classics

Blake Lewis "Mack The Knife"

Phil Stacey "Night And Day"

Melinda Doolittle "I Got Rhythm"

Chris Richardson "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"

Jordin Sparks "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever"

Gina Glocksen "Smile"

Sanjaya Malakar "Cheek To Cheek"

Haley Scarnato "Ain't Misbehavin'"

LaKisha Jones "Stormy Weather"

Top 8 - Latin

Melinda Doolittle "Sway"

LaKisha Jones "Conga"

Chris Richardson "Smooth"

Haley Scarnato "Turn The Beat Around"

Phil Stacey "Maria Maria"

Jordin Sparks "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You"

Blake Lewis "I Need To Know"

Sanjaya Malakar "Besame Mucho"

Top 7 - Country

Phil Stacey "Where The Blacktop Ends"

Jordin Sparks "A Broken Wing"

Sanjaya Malakar "Something To Talk About'

LaKisha Jones "Jesus, Take The Wheel"

Chris Richardson "Mayberry"

Melinda Doolittle "Trouble Is A Woman"

Blake Lewis "When The Stars Go Blue"

Top 6 - Life Anthems (Idol Gives Back)

Chris Richardson "Change The World"

Melinda Doolittle "There Will Come A Day"

Blake Lewis "Imagine"

LaKisha Jones "I Believe"

Phil Stacey "The Change"

Jordin Sparks "You'll Never Walk Alone"

Top 6 - Bon Jovi

Phil Stacey "Blaze Of Glory"

Jordin Sparks "Livin' On A Prayer"

LaKisha Jones "This Ain't A Love Song"

Blake Lewis "You Give Love A Bad Name"

Chris Richardson "Wanted Dead Or Alive"

Melinda Doolittle "Have A Nice Day"

Top 4 - Bee Gees

Melinda Doolittle "Love You Inside Out"

Blake Lewis "You Should Be Dancing"

LaKisha Jones "Stayin' Alive"

Jordin Sparks "To Love Somebody"

Melinda Doolittle "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart"

Blake Lewis "This Is Where I Came In"

LaKisha Jones "Run To Me"

Jordin Sparks "Woman In Love"

Top 3 - Idol's / Judge's / Producer's

Jordin Sparks "Wishing On A Star"

Blake Lewis "Roxanne"

Melinda Doolittle "I Believe In You And Me"

Jordin Sparks "She Works Hard For The Money"

Blake Lewis "This Love"

Melinda Doolittle "Nutbush City Limits"

Jordin Sparks "I (Who Have Nothing)" (Reprise)

Blake Lewis "When I Get You Alone"

Melinda Doolittle "I'm A Woman" (Reprise)

Top 2 - Finale

Blake Lewis "You Give Love A Bad Name" (Reprise)

Jordin Sparks "Fighter"

Blake Lewis "She Will Be Loved"

Jordin Sparks "A Broken Wing" (Reprise)

Blake Lewis "This Is My Now"

Jordin Sparks "This Is My Now"

To start us off, each of us will advance six performances, five to the next round and one automatically to the fourth round. 132 performances will advance and 20 will be eliminated for good. You have 48 hours to make your decision, or the randomizer will make the decision for you. I will attempt to update the front page as quickly as possible with what performances are remaining. You can make any changes you'd like, but please be patient with me and please be very clear when you are making changes. These past few rounds have been getting very confusing with everyone changing what they want for the fourth round and what they want for the next round. Try to do you fourth round picks early so this isn't an issue!

@1234567890 @*Chris @Solaris @Steven_ @Elliott @FrogLenzen @*Diana @taylorkat @Weedy_Speedy @*Lily @*Amanda @sublymonal @~Tom~ @*Wallace @goofycilla90 @~*8Kay8*~ @Crisis @NGM @JC @.Rei @hayden98

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 6 - Round 1)