Most Robbed Singers Ever

thevoiceswimmer

Just now, Someone648 said:

The contract you get stuck in. It's been a hindrance for a vast majority of the winners (Sundance, Chloe, Chevel in recent memory... even Maelyn if I'm correct, but I haven't kept up too much with her other stuff)

I thought you could reject the republic offer. is that the part of the contract you're referring to or are there some other binding rules?

29 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

The contract you get stuck in. It's been a hindrance for a vast majority of the winners (Sundance, Chloe, Chevel in recent memory... even Maelyn if I'm correct, but I haven't kept up too much with her other stuff)

Chevel rejected the label deal. She still got to keep the $100K. I’ll take the win any day. 

9 hours ago, Bouli said:

• Everyone who lost to Sawyer Fredericks. Especially Kimberly Nichole, but also including Meghan Linsey, Koryn Hawthorne, and India Carney as honorable mentions. I don't even know how you can skate by when you forget the lyrics to your songs, like, 3 times, and gradually get worse through the Live Shows.
  • I don't think Danielle Bradbury was bad, but the fact that she beat Judith Hill, Sarah Simmons, Michelle Chamuel, and Sasha Allen is flat-out robbery.

Disagree with these two (agreed with a lot of what you said though.) 

1. Sawyer..I don't know what it was about him - but I got it. His singing was actually better than given credit for. For whatever reason though, they did this weird thing with him where they tried to force him to "have stage presence" like they do with the women. Just let him have his guitar. The first part of "Simple Man" where he was acoustic and on his guitar was outstanding..then he had to move around and crap. I think if you appreciate Americana, he was really something. Probably helped that I heard his originals prior to lives though. He's a very talented song writer.

That being said..I totally did not agree with those in the finale with him. Should have been Kimberly, Mia Z, and Koryn. 

2. And this is coming from the board's biggest Michelle fan - Danielle deserved that win. She was one of the most consistent performers ever. Danielle never had that incredible "moment," Like..say..Amber's "Sad"..but she never had a "Firework" either. And that is equally as impressive as having a few outstanding performances. 

She didn't have the stage presence of Michelle, or all of Michelle's technical ability. But she was also 11 years younger than Michelle..and where Michelle excelled at over Danielle vocally was in some small technical areas (breath control. No one has come close to Michelle's breath control though..with the exception of maybe Kimberly Nichole)

10 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

1. Sawyer..I don't know what it was about him - but I got it. His singing was actually better than given credit for. For whatever reason though, they did this weird thing with him where they tried to force him to "have stage presence" like they do with the women. Just let him have his guitar. The first part of "Simple Man" where he was acoustic and on his guitar was outstanding..then he had to move around and crap. I think if you appreciate Americana, he was really something. Probably helped that I heard his originals prior to lives though. He's a very talented song writer.

The guy is a beast at guitar. Check out his newest videos in instagram. He goes off.

You made me check the wikipedia so it's my list of ppl who I was heartbroken to see eliminated:
7 - all the girls eliminated before Ryan Sill in the lives (like I rooted for Jessie, Sugar, Anita, Reagan and hated Ryan and then you eliminate all of the girls and keep him in wtf), I disagree with many of the battle and KO winners, but Beth hurts the most

8 - Kimberly and India, never recovered from their both landing in the BTM2, also Treeva without any steal available :(.

9 - Sydney then Lyndsey then Ellie then Korin then Amy then Madi 

10 - Kristen Marie </3, also Angie, Caity, Emily, Bryan

11 - I wanted Ali, Christian, Brendan in the finale so... ROBBED

I got bored but I will come back.

Did anyone mention Moriah Formica -  loved this little rocker girl.  Should have been kept by Miley, too bad Miley had to keep a country singer instead.

ETA - ANY of the rockers (Keith Semple, Manny Cabo, Sarah Potenza, et al.)

Edited by Catsy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Most notably, I remember it being a huge problem for Craig Wayne Boyd. I even remember him releasing a little "protest" single called "I'm Still Here" to remind people that he existed even though he wasn't on the record label anymore. I have no idea what he's up to these days. I remember feeling kinda bad for him, though, because even though I REALLY wanted Chris Jamison to win, I was happy for CWB - and I really thought he'd be the first singer to "make it" from The Voice. And then he just... didn't. And I have no idea where he is or what he's doing now.

43 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

That being said..I totally did not agree with those in the finale with him. Should have been Kimberly, Mia Z, and Koryn. 

2. And this is coming from the board's biggest Michelle fan - Danielle deserved that win. She was one of the most consistent performers ever. Danielle never had that incredible "moment," Like..say..Amber's "Sad"..but she never had a "Firework" either. And that is equally as impressive as having a few outstanding performances. 

She didn't have the stage presence of Michelle, or all of Michelle's technical ability. But she was also 11 years younger than Michelle..and where Michelle excelled at over Danielle vocally was in some small technical areas (breath control. No one has come close to Michelle's breath control though..with the exception of maybe Kimberly Nichole)

This all just goes to show how much the concept of "robbery" really is a matter of personal taste. (Unless we're talking about Ali Caldwell losing in that Instant Save to Josh Gallagher - then "robbery" is a scientific fact. 😝)

About Sawyer, I 100% understand what others saw in him. I listen to a good amount of Americana outside of this show. But I just didn't like Sawyer myself. I found myself distracted by his errors (and it was fascinating to see people rake other singers through the coals for making mistakes - like Luke Wade from Season 7 - while giving Sawyer pass after pass), and I just didn't like his voice that much at all. It's weird, because a guy from my high school had a voice and style a lot like his, but with less grit; even though I tend to like vocalists with grit and power, I always loved that guy's voice, but I disliked Sawyer's. I'm curious to know if I'd like his originals more than I liked what he did on the show, though. Maybe I would. I've never heard them. (And I would have been ecstatic with a Kimberly-Koryn-Mia Z finale, but I'd swap Sawyer for India or Meghan.)

I found Danielle consistent and very talented, but bland and uninteresting. Consistency means nothing to me if you don't make me feel anything. I forgot Amber Carrington in my list of robberies; in terms of female country talent that season, Amber was beyond impressive and memorable at her peak in ways that Danielle just wasn't, in my view. The season was full of incredible talent, including Danielle, and I was always disappointed that the singer who impressed me the least ended up being the winner.

I also don't take a singer's age into consideration on this show; kudos to Danielle for doing something that I, at 23, could never do, because the show is exhausting from what I've gathered. The amount of performances and training and practice, and intense public scrutiny, is hard to deal with at any age - but especially when young. But if Danielle didn't make me feel anything, and if she had some age-related or experience-related weaknesses to her voice, then I can't change the way I feel or make exceptions for her age.

38 minutes ago, Bouli said:

I also don't take a singer's age into consideration on this show; kudos to Danielle for doing something that I, at 23, could never do, because the show is exhausting from what I've gathered. The amount of performances and training and practice, and intense public scrutiny, is hard to deal with at any age - but especially when young. But if Danielle didn't make me feel anything, and if she had some age-related or experience-related weaknesses to her voice, then I can't change the way I feel or make exceptions for her age.

I think this is why Danielle's consistency was so impressive to me. Especially looking back at it. 

And when you think about the great singers that season (it was an incredible season), you remember the outstanding performances from those ultra talented singers. But when it comes to deserving to win...I do think considering that all of those great vocalists who had some astounding moments..Judith, Sarah, Sasha, Amber..also had train wrecks. And all of them were at least 4+ years older than her. And all of them had significantly more experience than her.  For Danielle to always be somewhere between good and very good..That is something that matters..and very few contestants can say that this was the case for them, regardless of age. So for me, I honestly think Michelle was the only one who had an argument for winning over Danielle. 

I totally get what you are saying about connecting, I just think that every artist has shortfalls. For me, stage presence >> train wrecks. 

Edited by mercfan3

I don’t think anyone except a crazed stan would argue that Sawyer had  the best technical voice his season. But IMHO, he had the best voice in the other definition of the word, in that he had something to say and he was clear what it was. Even at his young age, he was the most fully formed artist of any of them.

• Like 3

The thing is, Sawyer is not a belter or will give you any vocal theatrics like Jordan Smith or Alisan Porter, or a lot of singers in his season like India, Kimberly or Koryn, but his tone just makes you pay attention, and he knows how to sell a song. 

By the way, it has been said he messed up on some of his performances,  I only remember him messing up a falsetto note in Imagine, but I don´t recall anything else.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:32 PM, ATX29 said:

There have been many but the biggest robbery in the history of the show took place during the season 12 finale.  

Why? Chris Blue won... :unsure:

On 4/22/2020 at 10:40 PM, holinessss said:

Juliet Simms!!!

The correct answer.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:04 PM, Someone648 said:

I mean I know barely anyone remembers but... Season 2 Semifinals?

S0gXW0z.png

HTj3xqE.png

On 4/22/2020 at 11:11 PM, indii said:

She was robbed. The point system was total bullshit.

The one-contestant-per-team format was terrible. Cee Lo got f*cked hard in S2 because of it.

• Like 4

• istersay changed the title to Most Robbed Singers Ever

Oh, here's another one - Marina Chello (s17) - blew the roof off in the KO and yet somehow lost to the girl who sang Wicked Game, one of the most overdone songs ever.

And the girl who lost in the KO to Bathrobe Girl, can't remember her name but she was a powerhouse.

Edited by Catsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

1. Lauren Duski  (TPTB cheated!)
2. Amber Carrington
3. Mia Z
4. Kennedy Holmes
5. Holly Tucker
6. Matt McAndrew
7. Kimberly Nichole
8. Amy Vachal
9. Emily Luther
10.Ali Caldwell

This is some taste! 

I would also add Madi Davis to the list, ugh so robbed.

Edited by QueenMae16

On 4/28/2020 at 11:24 AM, Catsy said:

Oh, here's another one - Marina Chello (s17) - blew the roof off in the KO and yet somehow lost to the girl who sang Wicked Game, one of the most overdone songs ever.

And the girl who lost in the KO to Bathrobe Girl, can't remember her name but she was a powerhouse.

Is bathrobe girl Reagan Strange? If yes, then it was RADHA that you are saying. She was saved by Adam though.

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

And then chopped in favor of Tyke in the live playoffs.

Actually, I like her to move to Top 12 but her song choice sucked (Dusk Till Dawn) that it look like she's awkward to sing it and some parts are a little bit cringy IMO. 

Tbh, Reagan is good at "Worth It" in the PO, even though some find her mediocre, I think she showed her vulnerability in that song.

Edited by JOMZ
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

Actually, I like her to move at Top 12 but her song choice sucked (Dusk Till Dawn) that it look like she's awkward to sing it and some parts of are a little bit cringy IMO. 

Fair enough, although I still would've picked someone not-Tyke to move on but that's a matter of personal taste.

I have this list of some people who got far on the show and still I think was robbed so bad.

1. Ali Caldwell - Queen of being robbed. Imagine slaying your Instant Save but loosing to some mediocre country artist. Loosing before the finale in 2 Singing shows hurts the most.

2. Christiana Danielle - Her artistry is out of this world that's why Alicia saved her. I just don't get why she placed 9th or 10th.

3. Emily Luther - After killing your song in PO and still lose to some black rnb guy who sings pop and some mediocre country artist who are both boring.

4. Noah Mac - I still can't believe that America can be a coach racist sometimes. Noah's artistry is so cool.

5. Jake HaldenVang and Kyndal Inskeep - I just don't get why Gwen saved Myracle over one of them.

6. Jej Vinson - The fact that he did't get voted by public but instead CS meant that America's racist with Asian singers.

7. DeAndre Nico - He basically bussed so hard by Adam. Tbh Adam can try to push him through but I think he insisted that he will be robbed so he bussed him so hard by giving horrible song and ulitimately favoring non performing teenage girl in an IS.

8. Sa'Rayah - She's so robbed, I think she was forced to sing song that didn't fit her to make her be eliminated to compensate with Michael Sanchez Elimination. Her "I'd Rather Go Blind" was phenomenal and I think they made her sing one good song, one last time that "we will eliminate you" next round was on their mind.

9. Evan McKeel - I love this guy but Pharrell didn't do him any favors and did not coach him well.

10. Emily Keener and Owen Danoff - I love their artistry but sadly America had poor preference and eliminated both before Nick Hagelin and Daniel Passino. 

I did not include finalist because think you are a winner if you reach the finale.

Edited by JOMZ

14 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

I have this list of some people who got far on the show and still I think was robbed so bad.

1. Ali Caldwell - Queen of being robbed. Imagine slaying your Instant Save but loosing to some mediocre country artist. Loosing before the finale in 2 Singing shows hurts the most.

2. Christiana Danielle - Her artistry is out of this world that's why Alicia saved her. I just don't get why she placed 9th or 10th.

3. Emily Luther - After killing your song in PO and still lose to some black rnb guy who sings pop and some mediocre country artist who are both boring.

4. Noah Mac - I still can't believe that America can be a coach racist sometimes. Noah's artistry is so cool.

5. Jake HaldenVang and Kyndal Inskeep - I just don't get why Gwen saved Myracle over one of them.

6. Jej Vinson - The fact that he did't get voted by public but instead CS meant that America's racist with Asian singers.

7. DeAndre Nico - He basically bussed so hard by Adam. Tbh Adam can try to push him through but I think he insisted that he will be robbed so he bussed him so hard by giving horrible song and ulitimately favoring non performing teenage girl in an IS.

8. Sa'Rayah - She's so robbed, I think she was forced to sing song that didn't fit her to make her be eliminated to compensate with Michael Sanchez Elimination. Her "I'd Rather Go Blind" was phenomenal and I think they made her sing one good song, one last time that "we will eliminate you" next round was on their mind.

9. Evan McKeel - I love this guy but Pharrell didn't do him any favors and did not coach him well.

10. Emily Keener and Owen Danoff - I love their artistry but sadly America had poor preference and eliminated both before Nick Hagelin and Daniel Passino. 

I did not include finalist because think you are a winner if you reach the finale.

Some points I disagree with - 

• Personally, as much as I enjoyed Jake HaldenVang, I'm relieved he wasn't picked to move on; TPTB would've tried harder than they already did to stuff him in the pop-rock/pop box and it didn't suit him one bit, and as evidenced by his oft-mentioned Twitter debriefing he wasn't happy about that being thrust upon him either. 
  • Jej, while really, really good, suffered from a couple of factors, the two biggest ones being that song choice was not quite as good as it could've been and competing in a season where there was no maximum on how many singers from a team could move on post-playoffs.
  • Christiana was also a great artist but online taste doesn't always match public taste; in her IS she should've been the one to move on, but it is what it is, unfortunately.

• All three of the Season 2 finalists that lost to Jermaine (and Jamar Rogers + Katrina Parker) came to mind immediately. 
  • Tossing out the four-person for multiple seasons was a bad move, Trevin should've been up there with the rest of Season 3's finalists but noooo, they had to make it top 3 instead of a top 4. 
  • TPTB bussing Judith Hill and Holly Tucker, then Amber's disastrous "Firework" the same week as the Swon Brothers hitting their peak - if they'd had a top 4 they could've kept the Swon Brothers (I didn't love them but that "Danny's Song" performance was really, really solid so I'll allow it) and had either Amber or Sasha in there with the rest of the final three. 
  • Season 5 having a top 4 finale would've given room for either James Wolpert or Cole Vosbury along with the final 3, but tbh I don't really feel like there were any big robberies this season (other than Holly Henry).
  • Season 6 - if you lost to Jake Worthington, you're on this list.
  • Season 7 - Matt McAndrew and Chris Jamison have entered the chat. Also of note: anyone who lost an instant save or coach's save to Ryan Sill. 
  • Kimberly Nichole and Mia Z both deserved to go further than they did in Season 8. 
  • Amy Vachal not even getting the chance to sing for an Instant Save in the semifinals a big fat joke; Madi Davis also should've been in the finale but she at least got to do the Instant Save. 
  • Any of Teams Xtina and Pharrell that lost the playoff PV to Nick Hagelin and Daniel Passino in Season 10.
  • Ali Caldwell. That's it, that's the Season 11 robbery.
  • Season 12: Stephanie Rice losing to Mark Isaiah - agh. 
  • Season 13 was so stupidly talented it's hard to pick a main robbery but Emily Luther and Noah Mac are the two I'm most inclined to say were robbed.
  • Season 14 and Kyla Jade's finale bus - name a more anger-inducing combination, I'll wait. Christiana Danielle is a close second.
  • Season 15 - MaKenzie Thomas and DeAndre Nico both didn't deserve to be in an Instant Save against Reagan Strange, and RobeGate is still the biggest crock of yikes I've seen a singing show cook up; RADHA also should've gotten the coach's save in the playoffs. 
  • Putting a 14-year-old against a trio of adults should've been the first sign season 16 was going to be a big joke. See also: Cecily Hennigan and Rizzi Myers, Domenic Haynes, Mari, and everyone that had to sing in the Instant Save after Gyth pulled a "Pro Pander" move in the semifinals. 
  • Season 17 throwing Jake HaldenVang into a box he clearly didn't fit makes me mad on his behalf, then Shane Q getting the public vote over Max Boyle still stings. Also, Rose Short giving two of the best performances of the season in back-to-back weeks and STILL having to get an Instant Save into the finale is ridiculous. If we go pre-lives, then Mendeleyev is another one that makes me upset.
Edited by VintageVoice