Most Robbed Singers Ever

thevoiceswimmer

Quarantine is a hard time and we all need to relieve so stress from our lives so let's get put all of our anger out there and talk to about the biggest robberies ever on the Voice. I won't be ordering these because all of these genuinely hurt my feelings when they happened

1. Amber Carrington- Amber has outsold every white country girl on this show period. Everyone wishes they could sing like Amber

2. Matt McAndrew- Craig only won because of the country vote. "Wasted Love" remains the best finalist single to this day

3. Kimberly Nichole- I'm sorry we had someone serve attitude, passion, and vocals every week and killed every single performance except "Free Fallin" and then she gets SIXITH!!! What about "House of the Rising Sun' , "Something's Got a Hold On Me", "What's Up", "DIRTY DIANA"??????

4. Mia Z- The fact that this singer got TWELFTH is absurd! In a season with Hannah Kirby, Brian Johnson, and Corey Kent White. WTH??

5. Madi Davis- Ouch this one stung, so original and creative. Artsy/indie girls wish they were Madi

6. Kennedy Holmes- Perfection as a human and at age 14. What was America thinking

7. Amanda Brown- "Dream On" That's it, I rest my case

8. Janice Freeman- I cried when Janice passed away recently, I loved her. She was so passionate and rattle the back seats with her voice, why she got eleventh, I can't even fathom. 

9. Brennly Brown- The only country girl that can kinda compare to Amber in storytelling. So good and not even in a place in the finale over Jesse and Aaliyah???? I can't even

10. Judith Hill- From her head to her toes, Judith was a star with every note she sings. She or Amber should've won season 4

11. Sa'Rayah- In a season of tepid, mediocre, karaoke singers, Sa'Rayah got twelfth. YIKES

12. Mia Boostrom- COME ON ADAM! She was so good, the fact that Rayshunn and Sharane beat her out (I loved Jackie V, so I didn't mind her) hurts my feelings

13. RADHA- HER VOICE WAS HUGE AND SHE SO MUCH STAR POWER

14. Natalie Brady- Most painful battle elimination for me

15 Cierra Dumas- I'm sorry Kanard got to sing for a spot over Cierra??? Like Bebe WTH?? She was unique and so robbed

16. Mari- One of the best MODERN R&B singers this show has ever seen. It was only because she was on team Adam that she never got the hype she deserved

17. Rizzi Myers- Gave one of the best blinds in recent Voice history and gets cut in the BATTLES!!!

18. Jej Vinson- I listen to his full cover of "Passionfruit" daily on Spotify, his vocals were just so clean

19. Rose Short- STAR

20. Max Boyle- Went home way to early

• Like 7

Lauren Duski - Season 12

Madi Davis - Season 9

Kaleigh Glanton - Season 6 (The fact that she didn't win that battle is so outrageous to me)

Ethan Tucker - Season 11

Everyone in the F4 of S17 besides Jake

Kimberly Nichole - Season 8

Kendra Checketts - Season 16

Kameron Marlowe - Season 15

Tamar Davis - Season 10

Kyla Jade - Season 14

Mendeleyev - Season 17

Shana Halligan - Season 14 (How was she not stolen by all three of the other coaches? And how was she only a 1 chair turn???????)

Jaclyn Lovey - Season 14 (Same as Shana, she totally deserved a steal)

Clarissa Serna - Season 6

Edited by indii
  • Like 3

You could easily make this a list of contestants who you personally think deserved to go further than they actually did, so I’ll try to keep things more fair and mention contestants who actually had a really good shot of going far/finished in a higher position than they ended up in, but didn’t for whatever reason.

-Lauren Duski. She was basically winning since day 1, until the producers felt like pimping Chris Blue hard for what was SUPPOSED to be Alicia’s final season. It worked, and it really shouldn’t have given her monster of a lead.

-Noah Mac. He had no chance to win, but when the instant save totals were revealed Noah had a solid lead over Red, who then slowly caught up and overtook Noah. Yes; he didn’t want to make the finale, but that probably wouldn’t hurt your career chances at all by comparison. Plus, free car!

-Kyla Jade. You could put any diva on here, but I think Kyla was the biggest robbery of them all. She was there. She had “first African American female winner” in reach. She had all the momentum she needed. And then the producers felt like bussing her HARD. All of her finale songs were busts (her cover was NOT a good choice for her and opened the show, a PLAGIARIZED TO THE BRIM original, and a boring song for her duet), and they felt like pimping Brynn JUST to get Kelly a win and nothing else. Did Brynn have higher social media standings? Sure. However, I truly believe Kyla would have won if she was Kelly’s team. She wouldn’t have been bussed as hard as she was, and being on the team of “the new girl” would have helped her a lot. If she got good songs it would have been game over.

-MaKenzie Thomas. The reason I’m putting MaKenzie here and not Kennedy is because for Kennedy, third place was her ceiling all season. She only finished 1 place lower. MaKenzie however would have 100% won the instant save if Kennedy got the PV over Chris, and Chris getting that PV was such an unlikely situation no one deemed it possible. Plus MaKenzie’s social media standings were WAY higher than Chris all season. Kennedy could have been “robbed” for the same reasons, but I didn’t think MaKenzie would be able to make the finale until around top 11 where it was looking like a very realistic possibility. Whereas I always pegged Kennedy in the finale but not winning.

-Cecily Hennigan. The poor girl probably would have gone so much further than she did if there was a steal (or she won her battle). But her elimination meant that the season was without a decent contender.

-Toia Jones. Yes, Adam advancing Damien was the smart move long term. However, after Toia SLAYED her KO against an average performance and still lost (especially when every other coach said Toia deserved to win) it proved that Adam seemed to be clearly biased in his choice.

-Mia Z. She had a good performance in every round, but all it took was one subpar song choice to eliminate her. Meanwhile many other singers have made far worse mistakes and survived another round.

-Janice Freeman. See Mia. I don’t think Janice had a shot at the finale, but semifinals for sure.

-Amy Vachal. This is likely entirely iTunes related, but Amy was one of the top 3 in iTunes sales almost all season. I, and many others, probably had her pegged for the finale. Going into bloodbath I knew she didn’t have a shot at beating Jordan and Emily Ann, and considering Barrett’s strong showing the week prior Amy needed to outperform Barrett, and in a way she did! Imo, Barrett was by far the weakest of the night. The ONLY reason he advanced by PV was because he’s a country dad in Blake’s team with a horrible backstory. That’s it. There’s no other reason why his messy rendition of Ghost got him into the top 3. Meanwhile, Amy got a 4th iTunes bonus in a row, the only contestant besides Jordan to do so (Emily Ann too, but she got to the finale before that milestone), and she was also the ONLY contestant to outchart Jordan at all. She had a strong formula to her performances and I had Amy pegged for the finale since T11. And then just like that, she got eliminated. She had no shot at the instant save either. Just straight up elimination, and it was even on her birthday too. I was stunned. I thought things were crazy (not good) when Barrett got the PV, but then Amy was instantly eliminated which I found even more shocking. Contestants who only got 1 or 2 iTunes bonuses placed ahead of her. One of the most sudden and unexpected eliminations of all time, imo.

I’m sure there’s more contestants that fit my quota but I’m having trouble thinking of names.

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Like 4

1. Amanda Brown - probably my favourite contestant ever she should have won after Dream On 

2. Mia Boostrom - my second all time favourite. I was inlove with her voice! Her KO was amazing 

3. Noah Mac - this boy eliminated by the most boring contestant ever is just disgusting 

4. Emily Luther - probably the true MOST ROBBED contestant ever... her KO and Playoffs were flawless, she shoud have made the TOP 12 at least 

5. Jake Wells - Great artit, Still cant believe Adam didnt take him to the Playoffs at least... 

6. Janice Freeman - she deserved much better 

7. Felicia Temple - Robbed in the battles, ROBBED in the KOs... ‘My heart will go on’ was so beautiful (she flopped in the POs saddly) 

8. Jake HaldenVang - He was so robbed! One of the best rockers ever, his  voice is amazing... he deserved much much better 

• Like 3

Addison Agen

Lauren Duski

Christina Grimmie

PERIOD

But...

Makenzie Thomas

Kyla Jade

Robbed Queens looking like they weren't gonna win or advance with the tragic timespots and average songs, but deserved WAY better. Real winners of their seasons weather you agree or not.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2

Um excuse me...you left out Lauren Hall. She was obviously robbed when she lost against Hello Sunday. COME ON NOW...🙄 Then she got got the shaft on Breakway when it was obviously TOO FAST and she was not comfortable, although she made Kelly cry. Don't you think it's kinda funky that the rehearsal sounded completely different than the live audio? Yeah...about that..

• Like 3

Oh, boy, I have a LOT. I'll try to limit it to the first ones that came to my mind.

• Jake HaldenVang. Easily one of the show's greatest rock singers, if not THE best rock song we've gotten on the show. "Powerful" and his audition are magical. Poor guy was bussed SO hard by the production when they forced him to sing insipid pop songs, and he had the guts to call it out on his Twitter feed (although that was probably a bad idea and not a good look, but I mean... I'd probably want to do the same thing in his situation, so I'm not judging 🤷‍♀️).
  • Kyla Jade. Should have won. Probably the greatest vocalist this show has ever seen, and if you don't agree, then "Let It Be" makes you wrong. She did that thing LIVE. Should have won. God, I will never forget this show's production for bussing her so hard just so Brynn could win. Not like Brynn wasn't a good singer, but it's undeniable that Kyla's bussing destroyed her chances of winning and cleared the path for Brynn. If Kyla hadn't been given a horrible cover song and THE WORST ORIGINAL SONG IN THE SHOW'S HISTORY - literally a plagiarized Garth Brooks throwaway track - maybe she would have stood a chance. Should have won. The momentum was there. She was going to do THE THING and they stopped her. She's the classiest woman in the WORLD for not going on a Twitter rant after being done dirty like that. Did I mention that she should have won?
  • Rose Short. I never thought she was going to win, but after "I Want to Know What Love Is," she should have. It should have AT LEAST been illegal to put her in the Middle 3 after that.
  • Kimberly Nichole. She never should have ended up in the Bottom 2 at any point in her season. She was one of the greatest, most versatile and talented singers we've ever seen on this show. She could sing from the phone book. Five years later, I'm STILL sore about her loss.
  • Everyone who lost to Sawyer Fredericks. Especially Kimberly Nichole, but also including Meghan Linsey, Koryn Hawthorne, and India Carney as honorable mentions. I don't even know how you can skate by when you forget the lyrics to your songs, like, 3 times, and gradually get worse through the Live Shows.
  • Vanessa Ferguson. Should have been in the finals. Or at least the Middle 3, so she could have whooped everyone in the Instant Save again. I'm still sore about this one, too.
  • In order: Sisaundra Lewis, Delvin Choice, Audra McLaughlin, Kristen Merlin, Kat Perkins, Christina Grimmie, and the rest of Jake Worthington's victims. In constant memoriam. Thank God for Josh Kaufman. I actually loved Josh, and given the Top 3, I'm glad he won.
  • Ali Caldwell. Holds the dishonor of being legendarily robbed on TWO singing shows. How on EARTH she lost to Josh Gallagher AND Whitney, I will never understand. Poor woman just has an affinity for falling to less talented but more marketable vocalists.
  • Amy Vachal. And anyone who lost to Barrett Baber, honestly, but especially her. Not a single bad performance from her, really creative rearrangements - and America really sent her home on the same day and in the same placement as Braiden Sunshine, as if they were on the same level 😭
  • Kennedy Holmes. I know she was from the Middle 3, but honestly, how America didn't just give the W to her after "Confident" is one of God's great mysteries.
  • I don't think Danielle Bradbury was bad, but the fact that she beat Judith Hill, Sarah Simmons, Michelle Chamuel, and Sasha Allen is flat-out robbery.
  • Trevin Hunte. It's hard, though, because Season 3 was ridiculously stacked, and everyone in the Top 3 was phenomenal. But I still thought he should have made it to the finals. On the same note, Amanda Brown should have been there, too.

One last point. Honestly, sometimes, I feel like the only person who DOESN'T think that Lauren Duski was robbed. I preferred Chris Blue. Third favorite contestant of all time. I wouldn't deny that he got some producer help with his final performance, the fact that he got to go last and had a horde of backup dancers and all... but I still screamed when he won. There. I said it. Now hate me. :haha:

• Like 1

“Robbed” on IDF is basically when our favorites don’t win, or go as far as we think they should have. :P

Audra McLaughlin, James David Carter, Amy Vachal, Morgan Frazier, Mary Sarah, Lauren Duski, Addison Agen 

Other than Lauren, it’s fine. Someone had to get eliminated, and only one person can win. It’s just a TV show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouli said:

• Kyla Jade. She was going to do THE THING and they stopped her. She's the classiest woman in the WORLD for not going on a Twitter rant after being done dirty like that. Did I mention that she should have won?

Kyla admitted on her Instagram story that she didn't want to win. So maybe that explains the lack of your aforementioned Twitter rant :haha:

• Like 3

just curious.. do you guys watch the artists after the show? if not.. how would you know if they were robbed or not?

seems to me like some of you are only judging by episodes on a tv show that we know messes with the artists' voices...

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

“Robbed” on IDF is basically when our favorites don’t win, or go as far as we think they should have. :P

Audra McLaughlin, James David Carter, Amy Vachal, Morgan Frazier, Mary Sarah, Lauren Duski, Addison Agen 

Other than Lauren, it’s fine. Someone had to get eliminated, and only one person can win. It’s just a TV show. 

IDF needs a long discussion about what it means to be "robbed" vs. "my favorite got sent home earlier than I think they should've" lol.

Granted, we've all screamed "ROBBED" at some point on this show. :haha:

• Like 3

Mia Z, Kimberly Nichole, Brooke Adee, and Domenic Haynes. They went home far sooner than they should have. 

I'm not really sure I consider anyone who makes a finale robbed..with the exception of everyone who placed after Jake in season 6. 

At least with Season 12 you had Rhythm Nation, which was something entirely different on the show. And I will forever say that Blake mismanaged Lauren. (And I KNOW he could have picked better country songs. #Daniellehappened) It would piss me off every week. 

With Amber..she was running third. She deserved third..but the Swon Brothers (okay..big Swon)..came in roaring with "Danny's Song" and it truly was one of the greatest performances of the season - which is saying something considering that season - plus..she had "Fireworks" that same night. She still deserved third, but it wasn't robbery. (Although part of me still wishes that there was a four person finale..and instead of Swons we got a Danielle/Michelle/Amber/Sasha finale...would have been the greatest ever) 

Edited by mercfan3

The ones that come to my mind that left too early imo are: Domenic Haynes, Mendeleyev, Jacob Miller from this season (even though his KO wasn´t good), Michael Lee, Chris Weaver, Moriah Formica, Kelsea Johnson , Jake Haldenvang (they made him sing Adele, I repeat, ADELE ) and Royce Lovett (his KO was awful  but I loved his style and he would have made the season a little more interesting). 

On a side note, I know Cody Ray Raymond from S15 dropped out, but I would have liked to see what direction he would have taken on the show.

7 hours ago, Bouli said:

Oh, boy, I have a LOT. I'll try to limit it to the first ones that came to my mind.

• Jake HaldenVang. Easily one of the show's greatest rock singers, if not THE best rock song we've gotten on the show. "Powerful" and his audition are magical. Poor guy was bussed SO hard by the production when they forced him to sing insipid pop songs, and he had the guts to call it out on his Twitter feed (although that was probably a bad idea and not a good look, but I mean... I'd probably want to do the same thing in his situation, so I'm not judging 🤷‍♀️).
  • Kyla Jade. Should have won. Probably the greatest vocalist this show has ever seen, and if you don't agree, then "Let It Be" makes you wrong. She did that thing LIVE. Should have won. God, I will never forget this show's production for bussing her so hard just so Brynn could win. Not like Brynn wasn't a good singer, but it's undeniable that Kyla's bussing destroyed her chances of winning and cleared the path for Brynn. If Kyla hadn't been given a horrible cover song and THE WORST ORIGINAL SONG IN THE SHOW'S HISTORY - literally a plagiarized Garth Brooks throwaway track - maybe she would have stood a chance. Should have won. The momentum was there. She was going to do THE THING and they stopped her. She's the classiest woman in the WORLD for not going on a Twitter rant after being done dirty like that. Did I mention that she should have won?
  • Rose Short. I never thought she was going to win, but after "I Want to Know What Love Is," she should have. It should have AT LEAST been illegal to put her in the Middle 3 after that.
  • Kimberly Nichole. She never should have ended up in the Bottom 2 at any point in her season. She was one of the greatest, most versatile and talented singers we've ever seen on this show. She could sing from the phone book. Five years later, I'm STILL sore about her loss.
  • Everyone who lost to Sawyer Fredericks. Especially Kimberly Nichole, but also including Meghan Linsey, Koryn Hawthorne, and India Carney as honorable mentions. I don't even know how you can skate by when you forget the lyrics to your songs, like, 3 times, and gradually get worse through the Live Shows.
  • Vanessa Ferguson. Should have been in the finals. Or at least the Middle 3, so she could have whooped everyone in the Instant Save again. I'm still sore about this one, too.
  • In order: Sisaundra Lewis, Delvin Choice, Audra McLaughlin, Kristen Merlin, Kat Perkins, Christina Grimmie, and the rest of Jake Worthington's victims. In constant memoriam. Thank God for Josh Kaufman. I actually loved Josh, and given the Top 3, I'm glad he won.
  • Ali Caldwell. Holds the dishonor of being legendarily robbed on TWO singing shows. How on EARTH she lost to Josh Gallagher AND Whitney, I will never understand. Poor woman just has an affinity for falling to less talented but more marketable vocalists.
  • Amy Vachal. And anyone who lost to Barrett Baber, honestly, but especially her. Not a single bad performance from her, really creative rearrangements - and America really sent her home on the same day and in the same placement as Braiden Sunshine, as if they were on the same level 😭
  • Kennedy Holmes. I know she was from the Middle 3, but honestly, how America didn't just give the W to her after "Confident" is one of God's great mysteries.
  • I don't think Danielle Bradbury was bad, but the fact that she beat Judith Hill, Sarah Simmons, Michelle Chamuel, and Sasha Allen is flat-out robbery.
  • Trevin Hunte. It's hard, though, because Season 3 was ridiculously stacked, and everyone in the Top 3 was phenomenal. But I still thought he should have made it to the finals. On the same note, Amanda Brown should have been there, too.

One last point. Honestly, sometimes, I feel like the only person who DOESN'T think that Lauren Duski was robbed. I preferred Chris Blue. Third favorite contestant of all time. I wouldn't deny that he got some producer help with his final performance, the fact that he got to go last and had a horde of backup dancers and all... but I still screamed when he won. There. I said it. Now hate me. :haha:

OMG ALI CALDWELL.... SHE WAS SO GOOD. she definitely deserved to be in the finals of the four (I know wrong show blah blah). the reason she didn't move on is because she didn't come across as a nice person. she said, and I quote, "this is the four: battle for stardom, not battle for friendship." although entirely true, it came across and callous and cold - Whitney Reign literally looked like a baby throwing a fit in some of her dance moves and honestly kinda sounded like it too. Whitney couldn't pull off an Evvie Proud Mary moment (however, I would like to note that although still not better than Ali's performances, Whitney's audition was great).

7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

wait what seriously... why didn't she want to win???

The contract you get stuck in. It's been a hindrance for a vast majority of the winners (Sundance, Chloe, Chevel in recent memory... even Maelyn if I'm correct, but I haven't kept up too much with her other stuff)