Who Should Have Won Every Season (Any Contestant from the Entirety of each season)

deszfan88

• istersay changed the title to Who Should Have Won Every Season (Any Contestant from the Entirety of each season)

5. Jacquie Lee or Matthew Schuler

6. Christina Grimmie

7. Matt McAndrew or Danica Shirey

8. Sawyer Fredericks (or Kimberly Nichole)

9. Jordan Smith (I liked a lot of people this season but Jordan rightfully won)

10. Alisan Porter

11. Ali Caldwell or Billy Gilman (Sundance was also a rightful winner)

12. Chris Blue or Lauren Duski (my ideal finale was these 2 and hunter and brennley and I enjoyed the 4 of them so much that I didn't even care who won between these 2)

13. Addison Agen or Brooke Simpson (Chloe was also one of my favs)

14. Brynn Cartelli (Kyla killed it all season but Brynn's more marketable)

15. Kymberli Joye or Kennedy Holmes (I still liked Chevel)

16. Maelyn Jarmon (with Kendra, Rizzi, and Rod in the finale with her)

17. Rose Short (or Katie Kadan or Max Boyle)

18. Allegra Miles

19. DeSz or Sid Kingsley (Carter still deserved the win)

7 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

5. Jacquie Lee or Matthew Schuler

6. Christina Grimmie

7. Matt McAndrew or Danica Shirey

8. Sawyer Fredericks (or Kimberly Nichole)

9. Jordan Smith (I liked a lot of people this season but Jordan rightfully won)

10. Alisan Porter

11. Ali Caldwell or Billy Gilman (Sundance was also a rightful winner)

12. Chris Blue or Lauren Duski (my ideal finale was these 2 and hunter and brennley and I enjoyed the 4 of them so much that I didn't even care who won between these 2)

13. Addison Agen or Brooke Simpson (Chloe was also one of my favs)

14. Brynn Cartelli (Kyla killed it all season but Brynn's more marketable)

15. Kymberli Joye or Kennedy Holmes (I still liked Chevel)

16. Maelyn Jarmon (with Kendra, Rizzi, and Rod in the finale with her)

17. Rose Short (or Katie Kadan or Max Boyle)

18. Allegra Miles

19. DeSz or Sid Kingsley (Carter still deserved the win)

DeSz and Sid are my top 2 as well.

• Like 1

I'm only going to look at the finalists just for the sake of simplicity. I didn't watch the show before season 13 so I can't really comment on earlier seasons. 😅

Season 13: Chloe Kohanski/Addison Agen/Brooke Simpson (I'm happy with how it turned out 😊)

Season 14: Any of the finalists really but I'm happy with how it turned out 😊

Season 15: Chevel Shepherd/Kennedy Holmes (Kennedy should've been the runner-up imo 😢)

Season 16: Maelyn Jarmon (duh!) 😜

Season 17: Katie Kadan/Rose Short (Kelly's my favourite coach so I'm fine with the results though Katie should've at least come in second place 😞)

Season 18: Thunderstorm Artis/Toneisha Harris (I thought Thunderstorm had it in the bag tbh 🥴)

Season 19: DeSz/Carter Rubin (DeSz should've been the runner-up imo 😢)

I really only think it's fair to base it off the finalists (only bolding the ones I agree with)

1. Javier - didn't like him but he earned it

2. Juliet - Jermaine winning was a tragedy. The other 3 were more deserving, Juliet most of all based on her run.

3. Cassadee - easiest win. Clearly the most deserving of the 3.

4. Michelle - I don't think Danielle was particularly "undeserving", but I think Michelle was overall stronger

5. Tessanne - Jacquie made it close but ultimately I feel like the right person won

6. Christina - Jake in the finale was awful and I never got into Josh. Christina was probably the most deserving based off her run.

7. Matt - I didn't like this finale at all. Craig swooped into a frontrunner status and I think earned his spot in the finale, but not the win

8. Sawyer - Close with Meghan, but he had this from the beginning

9. Jordan - Anyone who says otherwise is wrong tbh

10. Alisan - ^ditto

11. Sundance - Awful finale, but Sundance was the most diverse and deserving of the final 4 I believe.

12. Lauren - This one hurt a bit... Lauren gave one of the strongest runs of the entire show. Period.

13. Chloe - SO CLOSE between Chloe and Addison but having Landslide as her KO cemented her status as frontrunner.

14. Kyla - Please refer to the show's title

15. Kennedy - By a hair. Chevel gave a very solid run as well and I think she was a very deserving winner, but Kennedy was unlike anyone else before her, personally.

16. Maelyn - Please refer to my Jordan Smith comment, only I actually really love the singer this time.

17. Ricky - Can I do a 4-way tie here? I think all of them cemented their team frontrunner status by the top 12 and they all carried on strong til the end. Ricky > Rose > Katie > Jake.

18. Todd - Consistent his whole run without a stumble, even when COVID hit.

19. DeSz - Most consistent performer of the season and one of the best vocalists to come across the stage, period.

• Like 3

ima include the seasons that i watched because i didn’t watch every season💖

season 5- jacquie lee (my first snowflake) , but tessanne deserved the win

6- christina grimmie (rip)

7- anita antoinette, madi or danica (my favs that season)

8- india or kimberly (my favs that season)

9- amy, ivonne and korin were my snowflakes, but jordan deserved it

10- alisan deserved it

11- ali💖 (do i even have to explain-)

13- noah mac (robbed)

14- kyla (i don’t have to explain)

15- makenzie, kymberli or kennedy (the way they were robbed💔)

16- maelyn or kim cherry queen of rap😩

17- rose (jake sounds like famous country ppl, ricky is cool but queen rose outsold, and katie was very polarizing and flopped in the finale)

18- toneisha (queen)

19- desz, cami, john, payge, or tamara (but sis was pitchy in the top 9😞💔💔)

Edited by wap484848

20 minutes ago, wap484848 said:

ima include the seasons that i watched because i didn’t watch every season💖

season 5- jacquie lee (my first snowflake) , but tessanne deserved the win

6- christina grimmie (rip)

7- anita antoinette, madi or danica (my favs that season)

8- india or kimberly (my favs that season)

9- amy, ivonne and korin were my snowflakes, but jordan deserved it

10- alisan deserved it

11- ali💖 (do i even have to explain-)

13- noah mac (robbed)

14- kyla (i don’t have to explain)

15- makenzie, kymberli or kennedy (the way they were robbed💔)

16- maelyn or kim cherry queen of rap😩

17- rose (jake sounds like famous country ppl, ricky is cool but queen rose outsold, and katie was very polarizing and flopped in the finale)

18- toneisha (queen)

19- desz, cami, john, payge, or tamara (but sis was pitchy in the top 9😞💔💔)

So you skipped right over watching 12?

1. Javier Colon - simply there was no one there that season who could be a threat for him, still his "Angel" performance is stuck in my mind.

2. Juliet Simms - she was the best that season clearly and still its so damn upsetting that she lost to Jermaine - "Roxanne" gives me chills every time I listen to her version.

3. Cassadee Pope - I actually really liked her, so deserved win for me. But, u know, Amanda Brown was robbed.

4. Judith Hill - her bus in semifinals was soooooo damn hurtful, she was clearly the very best that season, but with Sasha and Sarah, they were unstoppable.

5. Matthew Schuler - it might be controversial, but I loved his run on the show, alongside James Wolpert they were my favorites.

6. Christina Grimmie - oh, she is a legend and after all these years I am still salty she hasn't won. She was so amazing.

7. Matt McAndrew - this season is actually one of my least favorite and this finale squad still does not satisfy me at all. He was clearly the most original and deserving.

8. Sawyer Fredericks - he had that in hands since the very beginning and I'm here for it. Very solid run on the show and well-deserved win, though I loved India much more.

9. Jordan Smith - do I even have to add something? King and legend.

10. Alisan Porter - she bought me with her knockout and then ugh, she kept slaying more and more. Though, Hannah was also really great.

11. We McDonald - one of the most unique talents in whole show. Her and Alicia are one of the most fun and clicked duets of all time.

12. Chris Blue - again I am in opposition to IDF, but I think he really deserved it and presented truly solid run on the show. 

13. Brooke Simpson - I was convinced that she was gonna win till the last moment, lmao - if Miley went with her through some different lane, she could beat Chloe.

14. Brynn Cartelli - lmao, I still don't know why, but I am absolutely happy she won that season. But overall, S14 was a poor season.

15. Kennedy Holmes - umm, I am still salty she placed 4th, she was a real deal - her blind made all people crazy and somehow during this country-heavy season she got lost.

16. Maelyn Jarmon - queen, legend, icon, what else to say? The best female to win The Voice ever. 

17. Katie Kadan - I still think that if Kelly didn't get blocked, they both would have won that season, easily. She was consistent in her performances, but still the most original.

18. Thunderstorm Artis - even though, I don't mind Todd winning, I was so sure T-storm is getting the crown. Uhhh, this rasp, he was really good.

19. DeSz - I stan this queen so bad and I am pissed off she placed 4th.. Carter's win was fine, but she was the best. Period.

• Like 3

going off people who at least made top 6ish or semifinals on the all the newer seasons where they go from top 8 to finale

1. javier

2. juliet

3. amanda

4. amber

5. tessanne (amazing top 6 though)

6. christina

7. matt

8. kimberly

9. jordan (i liked jeffery more but jordan deserved it)

10. alisan

11. ali

12. chris

13. chloe (loved brooke too)

14. kyla

15. kennedy

16. maelyn

17. rose

18. toneisha

19. desz

Edited by ungodlyhour

Probably unpop, and we can’t really judge properly because we didn’t hear him live, but I thought Thunderstorm was incredibly robbed. One of the most interesting artista we have had on the show. Todd was good too, but TStorm was consistently fantastic imo.

Edited by Daillon

These shorter seasons lately are hard to pick because the body of work isnt large enough to judge

S19: Carter. The ones with the most potential like Kelsie and Julia were screwed.

S18: I'll go with Cam Wess. Rainbow and Say Something were real highlights

S17: I guess Katie though  she was a bit of a one trick pony she was memorable

S16: Maelyn obv

S15: MacKenzie. Cliche song choices but best pure vocalist ive seen on the show

S14: She was a bit inconsistent but just because i love her voice and classic rock leanings i'll say Jackie Foster

S13 Addison

Edited by sneaky

Ones that either made me salty, or made me scream with joy (if they went my way), are in red.

1. (Didn’t really watch enough of this one to win, but I liked what I saw of Javier, so I'd give it to him)
2. Juliet Simms. I was happy for Jermaine, but I have to admit that I was a fan of her band Automatic Loveletter before she was on the show. She was so different and extremely impressive on the show. I just liked her a lot.
3. Trevin Hunte. Amanda Brown in a very close second. Out of the people in the finale, Terry McDermott, then Cassadee, but all of them (and Nicholas David) were phenomenal. This was such a wildly strong season, one of the best for sure.
4. Michelle Chamuel. Or Amber Carrington. Or Sarah Simmons. Or Judith Hill. Any one would have been fine. I don’t dislike Danielle, but I don’t… ‘get it’ with her.
5. Tessanne Chin. One of the best vocalists in the show’s history.
6. Sisaundra Lewis. See Tessanne Chin. Absolutely insane vocalist. Just… wow. I’d have taken Delvin, too, if his live song choices hadn’t been so… questionable. I was happy that Josh won, though.
7. Chris Jamison. His voice was so smooth but powerful. Probably the best pop male the show has ever had, or at least one of them. I did like Craig Wayne Boyd, though.
8. Kimberly Nichole, do not @ me, and I am STILL salty about her elimination to this day. Dammit.
9. Jordan Smith. No contest, one of the best singers in the show's history. (And if you don’t agree, may I refer you to “Somebody to Love”?)
10. Alisan Porter. Seriously one of those people who has an insane audition and then matches the vocal abilities in the lives. Truly incredible pipes.
11. Ali Caldwell. Consistently amazing, never should’ve lost that Instant Save. This season was awful.
12. Chris Blue. Long live the king. (And if you don’t agree, may I refer you to “Rhythm Nation”?)
13. Addison Agen. I really don’t get the hype around Chloe. Addison’s voice is so warm and comforting. At least out of the finalists, she should’ve won.
14. Kyla Jade. Probably the greatest singer this show has ever seen. (And if you don’t agree, may I refer you to “Let It Be”?) I'm only glad she didn't win because she didn't want to.
15. Kennedy Holmes. Kirk and Chevel were really good, though, Chevel more so than Kirk in hindsight. But Kennedy was a star.
16. Shawn Sounds, followed extremely closely by Maelyn Jarmon—and then followed after that by Dexter Roberts. Thank God she won out of her finale.
17. Rose Short, followed extremely closely by Ricky Duran, who was just exceptionally talented and, IMO, never had an OK or decent performance - all were good to phenomenal.
18. Toneisha Harris, who has such a great voice. Absolutely 100%. Todd wasn’t as bad as some make him out to be, though.
19. DeSz. Like Kyla and Sisaundra before her, one of the best singers to cross the stage. What impressed me the most about her was her massive range and her ability to handle herself like a champ in the lower register. Her performances were so dynamic and powerful. Shameful that she got 4th.

• Like 3

Honestly I think that out of the finalists Desz and Rose are the ones who deserved better (not sure about older seasons)

13. Chloé (Addison too)

14. Kyla (Brynn was a solid winner too) fun fact: I think this has been my fav top 4 finale of all time I liked every one of the top 4.

15. Chevel

16. Maelyn 

17. Rose

18. Thunderstorm/Zan (genuinely think these two were the best vocalists of the season and some of my faves from recent seasons plus they did well every round, Toneisha was INSANELY great too)

19. Desz

Sticking with finalists only for this one.

S1. - I've seen like 2 performances from this season, so I'm not putting anyone here.
S2 - Juliet Simms. She's the only contestant from this season who I've seen more than 1 performance from, so she wins this by default. Besides, they were all amazing, so I'd probably root for her anyway.
S3 - Cassadee Pope. Cassadee is the only contestant I've seen more than 2 performances from, and she was pretty strong for them. If I wasn't referring to only finalists, Amanda Brown would go here.
S4 - Michelle Chamuel. Hands down the most consistently good contestant for me. I've seen all of her performances and she was great in all of them. Plus her bond with Usher was magic.
S5 - Jacquie Lee. I was really happy to see Tessanne win, as she was also extremely talented. I preferred Jacquie, however, her run was more fun to watch for me.
S6 - Christina Grimmie. I strongly hated Jake and Josh never really captured my interest. Christina was phenomenal and definitely should have at least made the final 2.
S7 - Matt McAndrew. Matt was the only finalist I liked, and his run was one of the most consistently good of all time. It's a shame he didn't win.
S8 - Sawyer Fredericks. Not a perfect vocalist, but I really enjoyed listening to this kid. The first truly predictable winner for me, but something about him just clicked.
S9 - Jordan Smith. There was no stopping this vocal monster the second he opened his mouth in his audition for the first time. He deserved all the praise he got, even if his pimping was a little overdone at times.
S10 - Alisan Porter. Currently my favorite Voice winner, she's got range for days and was consistently strong. No performance I'd rate as "decent", they were all exceptional.
S11 - Wé McDonald. The ONLY finalist I didn't hate, Wé was one of the most unique contestants that's ever been on the show. She was a bit inconsistent in the lives, but I definitely think she SHOULD have been Alicia's first coach win.
S12 - Lauren Duski. This one is hard because I really enjoyed Chris Blue, but Lauren was the ONLY country singer I ever actively rooted for to win. And go figure, she doesn't, even when the odds are in her favor.
S13 - Brooke Simpson. The most consistently good contestant this season, Brooke was a powerhouse. Too bad Miley stuck a bit too much to the show's title for it to work.
S14 - Kyla Jade. Hands down, the GREATEST technical vocalist this show has ever had. Kyla hit notes that most people wouldn't even think about attempting and made it look like a complete joke. The EPITOME of a professional, her not winning a show called "The Voice" was a complete crime. And I loved Brynn.
S15 - Kennedy Holmes. It's too bad this prodigy got lost in a sea of country singers in the finale. Her "Confident" performance was everything, and the fact that she finished 4th after that just shows how much of a joke the results usually are.
S16 - Maelyn Jarmon. I'd have thrown a fit if she lost, no matter who it was against. She was THAT much better than her competition. A technical master, and knows how to show emotion, combined with being the ONLY singer who did good at singing live this season. One of the greatest vocalists in Voice history.
S17 - Rose Short. I would have been satisfied with a Katie win as well, but Rose's run was more consistent and exciting. "God's Country" and "I Want To Know What Love Is" was a one-two punch I didn't expect and they were EVERYTHING.
S18 - Thunderstorm Artis. He was basically a Sawyer redux, except more consistent and not off-pitch on occasion. The most consistently good contestant for me, I really think he deserved to win.
S19 - DeSz. Very consistent, she was a vocal beast. She definitely shouldn't have finished in 4th place. "Don't Let Go (Love)" was all I needed to be convinced this woman deserved the win. Sadly, her fanbase just wasn't enough to beat Carter or the yeehaws. Carter was a great winner, though.

1. Javier Colon - had it in the bag since BA.

2. Juliet Simms - Ceelo's win but robbed because of Team Blake.

3. Melanie Martinez - I love her a lot. Her Seven Nation Army is the best performance for me in that season.

4. Judith Hill - Best vocalist this season.

5. James Wolpert - My favorite in this season along with Will Champlin. Best A Case of You Version ever on The Voice. But I'm also ok that Tessanne won.

6. Christina Grimmie - my idol before the show started and still shocked she didn't win. Though I like Josh Kaufman also but Grimmie is Grimmie.

7. Matt McAndrew - first time for me to hear Take Me to Church and made me think he's the winner already. I'm so mad he didn't win. Him and Chris Jamison are my favorites in this season tbh either one of them should be the winner.

8. Mia Z - only robbed because of Reba McEntire's influential comment about her enunciation that I will not forget. Because of that she was robbed so much. India and Kimberly should also win but Mia is my favorite in this season.

9. Evan McKeel - I'm glad Jordan Smith won but he's my snowflake in that season too bad Pharell's song choices didn't do him any favors.

10. Alisan Porter - best vocalist ever to be in The Voice. Never heard any sour note coming from her.

11. Ali Caldwell - best vocalist in that season. Sundance though deserved it but Ali is a beast even on The Four she killed it but I'm sad she was robbed twice in two different singing competition.

12. JChosen - tbh I hate how he was wrongfully guided by Gwen, he has a good tone that brings me to Old RnB. If she's on Alicia's Team, a toss coin between him and Chris Blue as the winner of that season.

13. Chloe Kohanski - had this in the bag since her Landslide. Chloe Addison Brooke Noah could've been the best Finale Ever and if Top 5 bring Keisha also.

14. Brynn Cartelli - had this in the bag after her Semifinal song. But Kyla or Britton will not hurt also if they won. Christiana is my snowflake in this season but I can't see her winning though.

15. Chevel Shepherd - I like her growth on the show and after she won I'm satisfied after that terrible RobeGate incident. I like Kirk's pre live also but he was awful in live shows. This is the countriest season I liked also.

16. Maelyn Jarmon - Best artist/singer to be ever be on the Show. But Jej should have been her runner-up.

17. Ricky Duran - my snowflake in this season, he should've won.

18. Micah Iverson - my snowflake in this season, I know a lot hate him but still I like his entire run on the show, his voice is what really caught me. Kelly pushing him far is a testament of how cool of a tone he has.

19. Cami Clune - Tbh either DeSz or her but since her artistry is really captivating, she's the winner for me.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1