Top 9 song Suggestions

thevoiceisthetop

Cami wanted to sing these songs based on her live:

the joke

she used to be mine

my future

obviously she can't sing "my future" cause chloe slayed it today, but the other two sound great for her! i'd love the second, because it really requires emoting, and she can do that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Cami wanted to sing these songs based on her live:

the joke

she used to be mine

my future

obviously she can't sing "my future" cause chloe slayed it today, but the other two sound great for her! i'd love the second, because it really requires emoting, and she can do that.

She Used To Be Mine would be killer!

I think if she flipped a male Alt-Rock artist, that would work too. But she can do her.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 4

Classics Edition:

DeSz - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Cami Clune - If I Fell (The Beatles)

Carter Rubin - Over The Rainbow (Eva Cassidy version)
Ben Allen - Sweet Annie (Zac Brown Band)

John Holiday - A Song For You (Donny Hathaway)
Tamara Jade - A Thousand Years (Christina Perri)
Bailey Rae - Blue (Leann Rimes)

Ian Flannigan - Always on My Mind (Willie Nelson)
Jim Ranger - In Color (Jamey Johnson)

• Like 1

Cami Clune - i love you (Billie Eillish)

Jim Ranger - Love Can Build a Bridge (The Judds)

Desz - I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)

Ian Flanigan - Let it Be (The Beatles)

Tamara Jade - Respect (Aretha Franklin)

Ben Allen - Go Rest High on that Mountain (Vince Gill)

Carter Rubin - You Are the Reason (Calum Scott)

John Holiday - I Am Changing (Jennifer Hudson)

Bailey Rae - Live Like You Were Dying (Tim McGraw)

• Like 2

DeSz - any Whitney Houston song. I Have Nothing or Didn't We Almost Have It All

Cami Clune - I agree with them She Used to Be Mine by Sarah Bareilles will fit her.

Carter Rubin - I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe tbh any gospel song he sings is a key for him to the finale

Ben Allen - He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones

John Holiday - Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles, this is a good jazz song for him

Tamara Jade - Glory by Common and John Legend, I want to hear her singing an emotional song.

Bailey Rae - Burning House by Cam

Ian Flanigan - Lay Low by Josh Turner

Jim Ranger - Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones, I really want him to sing a song like this.

Edited by Jyn Mycle

DeSz - I Have Nothing - omgggg, I would give my kidney to see this performance

Cami Clune - The Joke - if sang emotionally, since I would give DeSz PV, she would win the Instant Save imo

Carter Rubin - Impossible - emotional and very suiting, but I guess that he's got this season in his hands without even singing anything strong

Ben Allen - God's Country - I have some kind of gut feeling he is gonna be bussed, but u know, this song helped Rose achieve the finale in S17, so I guess it might help him

John Holiday - Summertime - it fills the lane he has been occupying since the very beginning of the show, I guess it might be winning one for him

Tamara Jade - Amazing Grace - if she sang that well, she would obviously get PV on John's team

Bailey Rae - Still Got The Blues - she's got a strong voice, so I see her slaying this

Ian Flannigan - The Sound of Silence - season would be over, lmao

Jim Ranger - Georgia On My Mind - I know that it's more possible for Lizzo to be coach on The Voice than him singing this, but that's the only idea I have, since I'm not into country at all, but lmao, I totally see Blake giving him some Christian song

DeSz: I really wanted her to sing "Diamonds" at some point, but Payge used that as her Instant Save song. :/

Cami Clune: "Idontwannabeyouanymore" by Billie Eilish

Carter Rubin: Something in the CCM sphere. Someone else already mentioned "I Can Only Imagine."

Ben Allen: "Chiseled in Stone" by Vern Gosdin.

John Holiday: "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" from Dreamgirls/Jennifer Holliday/Jennifer Hudson.

Tamara Jade: "Dream On" by Aerosmith. (I've been waiting for another powerhouse to sing this since forever, and I think her tone would sound amazing on it.)

Bailey Rae: "You Ain't Woman Enough" by Loretta Lynn, or "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes (on the off-chance that Bailey can yodel).

Ian Flanigan: "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash - if he did something like Craig Wayne Boyd's version, I think that would be amazing. Or "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" by Bob Dylan.

Jim Ranger: Something like Rod Stokes' audition, like his rendition of "To Love Somebody" by the Bee Gees? He definitely NEEDS to go back to a ballad.

2 hours ago, Bouli said:

Tamara Jade: "Dream On" by Aerosmith. (I've been waiting for another powerhouse to sing this since forever, and I think her tone would sound amazing on it.)

That sing is so big for her. I don't think she's skilled enough to do it in a proper way. And also Amanda Brown has set the bar so high for this so everyone's gonna compare it to Amanda's and it's definitely gonna pale out in comparison.

• Like 1

DeSz: Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me; Adele - Someone Like You

Cami: Sia - Elastic Heart; Sara Bareilles - She Used to Be Mine; Joni Mitchell - River

Carter: Calum Scott - You Are The Reason; Andra Day - Rise Up

Ben: Lonestar - Amazed; Randy Houser - Like a Cowboy

John: Jennifer Hudson - I Am Changing; Adele - All I Ask

Tamara: Rihanna - Love On The Brain; Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry; Beyonce - Love On Top

Bailey: Patti Griffin - Let Him Fly; Willie Nelson - Always on My Mind

Ian: Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line; Travis Tritt - Help Me Hold On

Jim: Stevie Ray Vaughn - Pride and Joy; Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long; The Judds - Love Can Build a Bridge; Ray Lamontagne - You Are The Best Thing 

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1

Team Kelly:

Desz- Sweet Love by Anita Baker (Great song for her smooth style and could showcase the different textures of her voice. It could be a moment for get to get back on form)

Cami - When The Party is Ove by Billie Eilish (Surprised she hasn´t sung some Billie Eilish yet, she´s the perfect artist for her voice and style, and I think this song could allow her to go back to the tender sides of her voice after going full on showstopper this week)

Team Gwen:

Carter- You Are the Reason by Calum Scott (Perfect song for him. If he actually kinda pulled off Mariah, he could easily do well with this song, pretty much would lock him in the finale)

Ben - Goodbye Time by Conway Twitty(Big emotional ballad that should work for him like "There Goes my Life", and given what he did with it, I think he could pull it off)

Team Blake:

Ian- "Budapest" by George Ezra (Perfect for his deep voice and rasp, although a bit too tame for the semifinals though, then he might go with "Lady" by Kenny Rogers, which is also a great match for him.)

Jim- "Mary Did you Know?" (If he sings it like he did in the video posted on his fan thread, he could spice the results a bit, that video is the main reason I was looking forward to him pre- season, but he has not reached that level on the show yet. He could with this song tho)

Team Legend

John- "Summertime" by George Gershwin -(Perfect for his jazzy style and could fit him well, but I would advise to kinda stay low for this one, then at the end deliver his classic high notes.)

Tamara - I´ve Never Loved a Man (The Way I Love You) by Aretha Franklin- (Powerhouse style ,perfect fit for her voice, she could do good with it )
Bailey- Coat of Many Colors by Dolly Parton (Perfect for her old school twangy country voice)

3 hours ago, Bouli said:

Ian Flanigan: "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash - if he did something like Craig Wayne Boyd's version, I think that would be amazing. Or "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" by Bob Dylan.

*cries in Sid's audition song*

Seconding I Walk The Line though, Johnny Cash would be perfect for Ian's voice.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Bailey- Coat of Many Colors by Dolly Parton (Perfect for her old school twangy country voice)

I didn't even think of a Dolly song for Bailey, but this or "Jolene" would be perfect for her tbh.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Jim- "Mary Did you Know?" (If he sings it like he did in the video posted on his fan thread, he could spice the results a bit, that video is the main reason I was looking forward to him pre- season, but he has not reached that level on the show yet. He could with this song tho)

Agreed with everything you said.

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

John- "Summertime" by George Gershwin -(Perfect for his jazzy style and could fit him well, but I would advise to kinda stay low for this one, then at the end deliver his classic high notes.)

He actually has a cover of it on You Tube and man it's freakin' AWESOME!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MAOW said:

Carter-"One Voice" (On "The Voice") by Billy Gilman (Who was on "The Voice").

DAMN IT! Why I never thought about this. But now that you've mentioned it One Voice would be perfect for Carter(but I don't think he'll sing it😰).

• Like 1

Cami—the Sheldon Riley arrangement of Do You Really Want to Hurt Me (without the actual crying)

Ian—any Bryan Adams ballad, but stripped back

Desz—Jennifer Hudson’s version of Easy To Be Hard

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1