Who are the best ARTISTS to be on this show?

Bouli

Let me elaborate - some contestants on this show are basically just really good at singing other people's songs. (I'm not knocking them; if you look at my signature, that's how most of my all-time favorites are!)

But other contestants really do 'their own thing' in spite of the limitations on the show and the way the show discourages original songs; they're artists with their own style. They're typically the ones who totally reimagine their songs and really sound like they could drop their own totally unique album after the season ends.

I'd say my favorite like that is probably Taylor John Williams (7). I'll NEVER forget how he totally reinvented "Royals," and that will always be one of my all-time favorite performances. I strongly dislike the original song, but I love his version so much. Close second would go to Jake HaldenVang (17), who was kinda headed in that direction until... well, you know.

I feel the same way about Katrina Cain (15) - she was doing great things and coming into her own, until the... questionable song choice of "Don't Let Me Down."

Who are some of your favorites?

Edited by Bouli
Added a person :)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Hunter Plake and Noah Mac come to mind. Those guys can have great futures as producers.

Yep, I agree with these two for sure! 

I would also put Will Breman in that category. Dude is just the most unique artist I've heard in the last 5 seasons.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Yep, I agree with these two for sure! 

I would also put Will Breman in that category. Dude is just the most unique artist I've heard in the last 5 seasons.

he wasn't my cup of tea, but i can totally agree he is super unique and formed a lane of his own on the show

I love all of these answers! I've been a HUGE fan of a lot of the singers y'all are mentioning, especially Kimberly and Will Breman. I'm admittedly not a fan of Hunter Plake's voice, but his artistry and creativity are undeniable.

And I feel the same way that some of you feel about Payge; she's definitely giving me those "unique artist" vibes, and I really dig it. And I just REALLY love her voice, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

I would also like to point out the underrated artist of S12. Stephanie Rice felt so fresh and a cool Indie-Rock vibe to her.

This original would have floored pretty much anyone else's finale original, besides a few like Lauren Duski's or Maelyn Jarmon's:

As an eternal Stephanie Rice stan, thank you for mentioning her. God, I love her to BITS. Her solo original music is phenomenal, but you REALLY need to check out Colonial Blue, the band where she's the lead singer. It's like a diverse blend of indie, folk, and blues, and it's amazing. She's a true artist, and I don't really think the show let her spread her wings like she has demonstrated in her original music.

Here are some of my favorites. 💖

• Like 2

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sundance yet. I mean, just by taking a look to his performances of "The Climb", "No One" and "At Last", you know that he is not only a great singer and musician, but a great artist as well.

Other names that come to my mind are: 

- Will Champlin

- James Wolpert

- Matt McAndrew

- Sawyer Fredericks

- Madi Davis

- Amy Vachal

- Adam Wakefield

- Laith Al-Saadi

- Hunter Plake

- Noah Mac

- Addison Agen

- Chloe Kohanski

- Britton Buchanan

- SandyRedd

- Thunderstorm Artis

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that come to my mind at the moment

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, istersay said:

yes :giggle: he was on so long ago some people might not know who he is

I know him he is in fact one of my top 3 fav contestants ever. I just didn't realize that pic was of him when I first saw it.

EDIT: The reason that I didn't realize it was him was because I was scrolling down the comments and I thought it is a random person who has a guitar.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I know him he is in fact one of my top 3 fav contestants ever. I just didn't realize that pic was of him when I first saw it.

EDIT: The reason that I didn't realize it was him was because I was scrolling down the comments and I thought it is a random person who has a guitar.

I have other ones :lmao:here's a couple

sawyerblackcoat.gif.30d4e50664f935c320c458db8387d76c.gifsawyerguitarxmas.gif.73cdb2e904ab517eab24bb8beac7c73f.gif 

Sawyer and Mia Zsawyermiatouravi.gif.ec2dbbb8db1d7d083a8097be574bea24.gif

• Thanks 4