The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

35 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think she often makes her save decisions and battle and KO choices based on personal preference rather than strategy. IMO, Gihanna was the likely choice all along.  If she would have had a rough performance, things might have been different. Everything being equal, it was always going to be Gihanna. She protects her TCO at all costs, and does whatever she wants with the rest, even if it’s unpopular. Blake does the same thing. 

Honestly. People are acting like she had some master plan and she would've been distraught if Corey didn't make it. I honestly think she had a "I could take him or leave him" mindset. She has a strong (possible winner) contestant with Kenzie so it isn't like either Gihanna or Corey are adding much value to her team. It was the same thing when she won with Jake Hoot. Weak team overall, but still had the winner on it. So like you said, I think she choses based on her preference. I also thought Gihanna > Corey even though both were solid so it isn't like Gihanna's save wasn't deserved and/or it was solely based on strategy. I like Corey, but I think people overestimate his importance on the show and on team Kelly. He doesn't seem like a producer favorite either so I don't think he's making the finale (and I don't think there is a particular push for him to be there). 

I honestly think all the coaches have that mindset to some extent with the new format. They will have a contestant in the finale in any case so the CS doesn't matter nearly as much as people think. Some were saying John picking Ryleigh would have made his team stronger as opposed to him picking Pia and I'm not sure why it would matter when both would be DOA in the bloodbaths anyway. Same way people were mad Gwen saved Ben instead of Paige even though Carter winning was a foregone conclusion. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Honestly. People are acting like she had some master plan and she would've been distraught if Corey didn't make it. I honestly think she had a "I could take him or leave him" mindset. She has a strong (possible winner) contestant with Kenzie so it isn't like either Gihanna or Corey are adding much value to her team. It was the same thing when she won with Jake Hoot. Weak team overall, but still had the winner on it. So like you said, I think she choses based on her preference. I also thought Gihanna > Corey even though both were solid so it isn't like Gihanna's save wasn't deserved and/or it was solely based on strategy. I like Corey, but I think people overestimate his importance on the show and on team Kelly. He doesn't seem like a producer favorite either so I don't think he's making the finale (and I don't think there is a particular push for him to be there). 

I honestly think all the coaches have that mindset to some extent with the new format. They will have a contestant in the finale in any case so the CS doesn't matter nearly as much as people think. Some were saying John picking Ryleigh would have made his team stronger as opposed to him picking Pia and I'm not sure why it would matter when both would be DOA in the bloodbaths anyway. Same way people were mad Gwen saved Ben instead of Paige even though Carter winning was a foregone conclusion. 

I think part of the reason people are upset about the saves is that although strategy-wise taking one person or the other might not matter, if some person gave an objectively better performance than the other, then it implies that they should be chosen. I'm not saying that's the case in the ones you mentioned (and I in fact think Ben gave a good performance), but I can see why people would want the Coach Save to go a certain way even if strategically it doesn't matter.

It's an entertainment show, at the end of the day, right? And people (like me) want their favorites to move on!

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I think part of the reason people are upset about the saves is that although strategy-wise taking one person or the other might not matter, if some person gave an objectively better performance than the other, then it implies that they should be chosen. I'm not saying that's the case in the ones you mentioned (and I in fact think Ben gave a good performance), but I can see why people would want the Coach Save to go a certain way even if strategically it doesn't matter.

It's an entertainment show, at the end of the day, right? And people (like me) want their favorites to move on!

We all want our favorites to move on, but quite often, another performance on the show isn’t the best thing for them, in the long run. For example, Pete would have been better off not singing for the WC. TPTB can be nasty!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

We all want our favorites to move on, but quite often, another performance on the show isn’t the best thing for them, in the long run. For example, Pete would have been better off not singing for the WC. TPTB can be nasty!

Still cant believe they did him like that. You could see it in his face that he wanted Anna to be called for the WC.

Also, all 5 people that dont get PV next week will sing either way for the save, so knowing TPTB, some people that will have done good on Monday night might not really leave on a high note thanks to the possible bus of their IS performances.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Still cant believe they did him like that. You could see it in his face that he wanted Anna to be called for the WC.

Also, all 5 people that dont get PV next week will sing either way for the save, so knowing TPTB, some people that will have done good on Monday night might not really leave on a high note thanks to the possible bus of their IS performances.

As much as we talk about bussing, Pete is the first contestant I’ve seen take a bus song and make it look like he’d rather actually be hit by a bus than perform the song. Can’t say I blame him, tbh.

• Like 9

We know now that TPTB and Disney have something in common: they both hated Pete so much and did everything in their power to sabotage him, both in the show and in the IDF' ratings thread, respectively

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 11
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

We know now that TPTB and Disney have something in common: they both hated Pete so much and did everything in their power to sabotage him, both in the show and in the IDF' ratings thread, respectively

He probably is enjoying what they did to Pete on Tuesday.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Haha 3

Also to this day, I still don`t get why people use "hate" or "despise" to describe their feelings towards some contestants. It`s ok if you don`t like their voice or their performances, or genre, but straight up hate them? What did they do for y"all to hate them? 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah but in general, no one really expresses it the way you describe it. It is always people claiming that a contestant not moving on is some big blow to a coach's team or strategy when really they are angry their favorite didn't move on. Additionally, performance quality is usually subjective. Of course people will say Ryleigh's performance (because she's a favorite) was stronger than Pia's even though that is debatable. Both would be DOA in the bloodbaths at the end of the day so John picking Pia or thinking she was stronger shouldn't be seen as a dumb decision. Unless someone completed flopped and it can't be ignored, you can't really fault a judge's pick, especially if they are equal in a case like Gihanna and Corey. I can't think of many times where I thought a CS was completely off base. I might give a couple of decisions a side-eye, but I can usually see where they are coming from. 

Edited by joe14
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also to this day, I still don`t get why people use "hate" or "despise" to describe their feelings towards some contestants. It`s ok if you don`t like their voice or their performances, or genre, but straight up hate them? What did they do for y"all to hate them? 

Indeed, I was never a fan of Pete's tone, but I don't hate him lol, he seems like a great person. I happen to prefer other contestants' tones, though (and honestly I thought he did good in his KO and PO).

14 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Yeah but in general, no one really expresses it the way you describe it. It is always people claiming that a contestant not moving on is some big blow to a coach's team or strategy when really they are angry their favorite didn't move on. Additionally, performance quality is usually subjective. Of course people will say Ryleigh's performance (because she's a favorite) was stronger than Pia's even though that is debatable. Both would be DOA in the bloodbaths at the end of the day so John picking Pia or thinking she was stronger shouldn't be seen as a dumb decision. Unless someone completed flopped and it can't be ignored, you can't really fault a judge's pick, especially if they are equal in a case like Gihanna and Corey. I can't think of many times where I thought a CS was completely off base. I might give a couple of decisions a side-eye, but I can usually see where they are coming from. 

Yeah, this makes sense. I think it's easy to want to justify a decision we would have wanted by saying that it would have been strategic. Thanks for explaining 🙂

52 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yes, I am capable of hating the contestants themselves and have no problem letting it be known.  I have at least one every season.  Hell, every season through season sixteen, I had a whole team's worth of contestants to hate or at least ignore.  And what they did to make me hate them was simply exist on that team.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Yes, I am capable of hating the contestants themselves and have no problem letting it be known.  I have at least one every season.  Hell, every season through season sixteen, I had a whole team's worth of contestants to hate or at least ignore.  And what they did to make me hate them was simply exist on that team.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886df664ed7a87ed91ff0

• Haha 8

41 minutes ago, Rodney said:

What if they were steals that didn't have a choice but to go with Blake? Like Anna, she didn't have another option, only Blake wanted to steal her.

23 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

What if they were steals that didn't have a choice but to go with Blake? Like Anna, she didn't have another option, only Blake wanted to steal her.

. . . Blake's not the one I meant.

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

. . . Blake's not the one I meant.

Still, you hate Adam's Steals that had no choice but to go to him?

Or even 1-chair turns.

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Did you hate Addison and Jordan Smith, because they were on Team Adam?

They had a choice, Addison also had the option of Jennifer, and Jordan was a 4-chair turn. Of course Rodney hates them.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mohammad said:

Honestly it would be heart breaking for Dana to leave the show in the semifinals, she is the best vocalist in this competition this season, Her performance of free your mind slayed me , she was literally the only one who was on pitch in the playoffs and didn’t sound pitchy or flat and she didn’t sound like she ran out of breath, she is a vocal beast, she got the judges on there feet from the beginning .  I would guarantee that if the judges would pick a winner based on vocal prowess and skills , Dana would win plus the judges reaction every time she performs is proof enough of how spectacular and amazing she is 

AFREED 100% she might just be the coaches fav this season. Or Cam or Vic

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

yes pinkthankyou.gif don't hate people just because they exist on the show 

• Like 5