The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

30 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Who do we think will be the contestants featured in all 3 premieres ? Just between Kenzie, Dana, Cam, Pete, Corey, Raine, Corey and Victor, who were featured in the blinds one and they all made KOs.

Cam, Kenzie, Corey

44 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

lol we already have a mini John this season. Why do we need 2

Victor feels different enough from John for him that I wouldn't consider him a mini John. His stylistic choices and even his voice itself are different, as I see it.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I didn't enjoy a single note from Deion's BA, they should've given us Zania I'm tired of waiting 👀

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

If they don't leak Anna Grace or some other Kelly act, I'm hoping it's Zania - which means it'll probably be Anna Grace or Jordan from Team Blake. We'll see.

• Like 2

Finally got to catch up and watch Deion's audition - it wasn't bad but I can see how Victor won that battle over him. His runs are nice, but he's a little heavy on them for my taste. His lower tones are really strong and his falsetto is interesting, but I don't think his sound would translate to an Usher-type R&B song as easily as Victor or Cam's voices (or even Durell's) might. I would've liked to see him with Kelly over John, tbh - I know R&B guys aren't Kelly's strong suit on this show, but she's good at crossing genres and Deion's artistry may have benefitted from that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Season 20 early Monday morning qb: if “Blake” chooses many other country song Avery beats Ethan. Does he  fall in KO? Or is he a threat to Kenzie?

Avery seems to have been positively recieved ( the 93% surprised me), but at the same time, he would eventually had to face Kenzie in any sort of capacity and would have fallen short. He's a great storyteller, but if his voice was shaky here, he would have been prone to a trainwreck in the lives.

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Finally got to catch up and watch Deion's audition - it wasn't bad but I can see how Victor won that battle over him. His runs are nice, but he's a little heavy on them for my taste. His lower tones are really strong and his falsetto is interesting, but I don't think his sound would translate to an Usher-type R&B song as easily as Victor or Cam's voices (or even Durell's) might. I would've liked to see him with Kelly over John, tbh - I know R&B guys aren't Kelly's strong suit on this show, but she's good at crossing genres and Deion's artistry may have benefitted from that.

Totally agreed - though I probably sound like a hypocrite since I love Carolina's BA :lolwave:

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Deion did the same thing as Cam: sing a pop song and infuse it with a bit of R&B. They were in the same lane as to what their auditions showed.

Victor definitely throws in gospel in the mix, more than pop or R&B.

Cam is significantly better though. Also, I consider Sam Smith R&B..just current R&B. 

With Victor, Cam, Cianna and Gihanna there are a lot of good current R&B singers. 

Edited by mercfan3

43 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Avery seems to have been positively recieved ( the 93% surprised me), but at the same time, he would eventually had to face Kenzie in any sort of capacity and would have fallen short. He's a great storyteller, but if his voice was shaky here, he would have been prone to a trainwreck in the lives.

Yeah, the app percentage is what made me think about it 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Season 20 early Monday morning qb: if “Blake” chooses many other country song Avery beats Ethan. Does he  fall in KO? Or is he a threat to Kenzie?

Blake made sure that Kenzie doesn't have any challenge 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Cam is significantly better though. Also, I consider Sam Smith R&B..just current R&B. 

With Victor, Cam, Cianna and Gihanna there are a lot of good current R&B singers. 

Gihanna is a pop singer, not R&B. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Deion did the same thing as Cam: sing a pop song and infuse it with a bit of R&B. They were in the same lane as to what their auditions showed.

Victor definitely throws in gospel in the mix, more than pop or R&B.

I still think that that was a lame promise of Blake to make to Cam.  Did he not remember that the Battles come next?  At least giving him a fair opponent and then keeping him over that opponent would've been decent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I still think that that was a lame promise of Blake to make to Cam.  Did he not remember that the Battles come next?  At least giving him a fair opponent and then keeping him over that opponent would've been decent.

It worked, right? Yes it did. His overall pitch to Cam was brilliant. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

It worked, right? Yes it did. His overall pitch to Cam was brilliant. 

Or lucky.  He and other coaches have made that pitch before, and it hasn't worked.

And unless Cam said that that specifically is why he picked Blake, I'd pump the brakes on calling the pitch "brilliant."

• Like 1

Just now, Rodney said:

Or lucky.  He and other coaches have made that pitch before, and it hasn't worked.

And unless Cam said that that specifically is why he picked Blake, I'd pump the brakes on calling the pitch "brilliant."

I´m pretty sure that´s gotta be a reason why. I know the coaches bulls**t all the time, but contestants are not always aware since they probably don´t watch the show, so a free lane offer is hard to pass.

Also, Cam might have been a bit pissed that Nick took away his chance of working with John, his clear first choice.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m talking about his overall pitch starting with mocking Nick’s jacket. Nick didn’t stand a chance. We all know you’re biased. That’s clearly what this is. 

I agree! Blake did a good job with his pitch and Nick kind of didn’t give much effort despite him being his block. I don’t think it was luck.

• Like 1