The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Maleyn, Amber, and India/Clinton smashed Stay out of the stratosphere. However, I don't think Maddi's performance pales in comparison. IMO, it's almost just as good. I'm also interested to know MJ's reason for staining her cz ever since I joined this forum I've never seen him stanning a female singer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Maleyn, Amber, and India/Clinton smashed Stay out of the stratosphere. However, I don't think Maddi's performance pales in comparison. IMO, it's almost just as good. I'm also interested to know MJ's reason for staining her cz ever since I joined this forum I've never seen him stanning a female singer.

What about Alessandra and Joe?  How doe Maddi compare to th

I still think Val should've won that KO against Nathan & I would've rather seen what she could've done in later performances than Nathan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indii said:

I still think Val should've won that KO against Nathan & I would've rather seen what she could've done in later performances than Nathan

I thought Val should not have gone home after her KO, but overall I just didn’t think there was anything too interesting about her. Nathan at least had a ton of charisma and an electric stage presence to set him apart from previous RnB males, and imo Val was just your typical soul powerhouse who would always serve great vocals but ultimately wouldn’t be too memorable. OTOH, “Higher & Higher” is gonna go down as one of the best Voice live performances in recent memory, and I’m not sure if Val could have done anything that stood out as much as that.

I mean I think we can all agree on this but what really should have happened is that Chance should have kept her after the Battle 💀

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I thought Val should not have gone home after her KO, but overall I just didn’t think there was anything too interesting about her. Nathan at least had a ton of charisma and an electric stage presence to set him apart from previous RnB males, and imo Val was just your typical soul powerhouse who would always serve great vocals but ultimately wouldn’t be too memorable. OTOH, “Higher & Higher” is gonna go down as one of the best Voice live performances in recent memory, and I’m not sure if Val could have done anything that stood out as much as that.

I mean I think we can all agree on this but what really should have happened is that Chance should have kept her after the Battle 💀

I like Nathan & I do agree that Higher & Higher was a great performance. It's a thing of personal preference for me. I'm someone who typically prefers a clear, smooth tone more than a raspy one & that's what gravitated me towards Val & separates her from other singers that filled her archetype in previous seasons. It's why I enjoy what Val did on the show more than, for example, Kim Cruse or DeSz, just because I personally prefer a more sweet & clear tone like Val has.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

To answer your question.... I've been aware of Maddi's talents since her YouTube days, and it was very exciting for me to see another YouTuber on The Voice stage, we haven't seen one since Christina Grimmie (RIP). I also really like how her voice has matured over the years.

FTR, I silently stanned Makenzie Thomas in S15, her missing the finale was an egregious mistake on America's part.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, season1 said:

S22, S23, S24 Finale Performances > S25 Finale performances

I only disagree about S23 but I think I’m the one with unpopular opinion on that lol

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

This is supposed to be unpopular?? 

I thought it would be, considering how many seem to praise this season's finale and many didn't like the S22 finale.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, season1 said:

I thought it would be, considering how many seem to praise this season's finale and many didn't like the S22 finale.

I mean, a lot of people actually liked S22's finale, we just disliked...well, you probably known lol. Sorry. 

Edited by Gustavo527

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I mean, a lot of people actually liked S22's finale, we just disliked...well, you probably known lol. Sorry. 

Yeah I liked S22 finale for the most part. Every season finale has 1 or 2 people that are pretty bad so that's whatever really. 

Edited by QueenKalie

I actually loved Karen's uptempo performance in the finale honestly. It wasn't my favorite from her but I still thought it was fantastic and it was a great song for her. Maybe it just worked for me. It's a million times better than Tanner's instant and all of Bryce, BIAS, Josh, and Bryan's live performances by a large margin for me.

10 minutes ago, Persy said:

I actually loved Karen's uptempo performance in the finale honestly. It wasn't my favorite from her but I still thought it was fantastic and it was a great song for her. Maybe it just worked for me. It's a million times better than Tanner's instant and all of Bryce, BIAS, Josh, and Bryan's live performances by a large margin for me.

Well, at least you acknowledge Tanner's top 17 performance is better 🤭

• Haha 4

nathan had a solid run throughout there's no doubt about that and he deserved to be in the final 2 all things considered ... but honestly after his KO I kinda started to not like his tone as each performance went on ... idk why to me it started to become a bit abrasive at the end ... thou the finale ballad redeemed himself a little bit

now wheras with asher, I just loved how seamless and pleasing his tone was the entire way through. It has layers of just pure rich tone and power

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, MILO JAY said:

Stay (Karen Waldrup) wasn't that great...

it wasn't bad but not nearly as great as IDF made it to seem

Gotta disagree there because for me that performance was one of the few saving graces of the mediocre live rounds we had.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, MILO JAY said:

Stay (Karen Waldrup) wasn't that great...

it wasn't bad but not nearly as great as IDF made it to seem

I disagree, but to add to this:

I think "What Hurts The Most" is Karen's best performance. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, BlakePointingHisFinger said:

(I'm prepared for all the bashing incoming) I liked RLetto's knockouts and playoffs performances 

That being said, Alyssa getting eliminated was sadge

Rlletto while one of the weaker contestants, honestly wasn't that bad. We've heard much worse on the show before. I think if he didn't win his battle and KO over much superior opponents than people probably wouldn't rag on him as much

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

Not to discredit RLETTO,he's not that bad either but losing Alyssa so early sucked because she's  talented and has a pretty voice that stands out imo, and I think we rarely get female rockers like her that are more soft rock/classic rock than hard rock like Nini.

S26 is a very genre diverse panel, so hopefully we get another artist like her that does well on the show this time 🤞

6 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Rlletto while one of the weaker contestants, honestly wasn't that bad. We've heard much worse on the show before. I think if he didn't win his battle and KO over much superior opponents than people probably wouldn't rag on him as much

i think people wanted him to be the second coming of Ray Uriel to make them feel justified in their hatred of Chance, but he wasn’t — Ray was far worse and went far further.

That said, I think Alyssa’s elimination can be put in parallel with Kala’s for being a powerhouse pop performance that should’ve been an easy choice. That still doesn’t mean that RLETTO is that bad though.

4 hours ago, QueenCami said:

That said, I think Alyssa’s elimination can be put in parallel with Kala’s for being a powerhouse pop performance that should’ve been an easy choice. That still doesn’t mean that RLETTO is that bad though.

Eh, the comments I've seen about him pretty much everywhere else say differently.