The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

I think Ducotte gave a better performance tonight than everyone but Alyssa and Karen. 

Jackie, Zoe and the garcia twins were all on the same level for me tbh. Just alright.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I think Ducotte gave a better performance tonight than everyone but Alyssa and Karen. 

Jackie, Zoe and the garcia twins were all on the same level for me tbh. Just alright.

didnt like gene, mafe or maddi?

1 minute ago, StarWalker1 said:

didnt like gene, mafe or maddi?

They were passable, but gave by far their weakest performances, hugely disappointing. Even Jackie, Zoe and the twins outperformed them imo.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

They were passable, but gave by far their weakest performances, hugely disappointing. Even Jackie, Zoe and the twins outperformed them imo.

fair enough

those 3 least brought it and werent complacent 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I liked RLETTO, and I think the overreaction over his win, while funny AF, is a bit much. 

I actually like his tone. He has a cool voice. His battle was really good and even his blind had decent moments. I like what he did with the chorus (the runs fit pretty well) even if the music and sound design kinda overshadowed his voice a bit.

But I don't really blame the reaction. Alyssa gave arguably the best performance of the night alongside Karen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

Rletto was a better choice than Alyssa. Alyssa had the better vocal but Rletto is way more interesting and I look forward to him more.

But a weaker artist.  Not that you apparently notice.

Coming back from lurking to say that y'all are way too hard on RLETTO. He had just as a good of a performance as Alyssa if not better.

• Like 2

After further evaluation, I still think Alyssa > RLETTO but I also think RLETTO > Zoe. I don’t get the hype with Zoe’s KO. Other than being on-pitch I don’t really think she did anything impressive or ear-catching. Maybe I’m missing something but to me she’s just so… bland as a vocalist? Like at least RLETTO tried to do something interesting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

After further evaluation, I still think Alyssa > RLETTO but I also think RLETTO > Zoe. I don’t get the hype with Zoe’s KO. Other than being on-pitch I don’t really think she did anything impressive or ear-catching. Maybe I’m missing something but to me she’s just so… bland as a vocalist? Like at least RLETTO tried to do something interesting.

I argued a similar thing with Kamalei's KO, but the thing is, i honestly think that Zoe's tone shined on that song (which i love). It was ear candy to my ears and i don't think with that song in particular you need to add much as long as you keep the essence, which i think she did. 

It's question of taste, i suppose. I could say exactly the same thing in favor of Kamalei's KO, but no, that one didn't work for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrokenHearted said:

Jackie and Zoe was one of the weakest knockouts of the season (only Mafe/Gene and maybe Serenity/Dani were weaker). They were both decent/good but not great. 

J&J vs Zeya was weaker, in my opinión..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Sometimes tone is all it takes, IMO. You may not be flashy, but a good tone is enough to me to listen to an artist.

Zoe didnt do it for me in the first two rounds, at all, but her tone was MADE for her KO song, it sounded so good, and she felt confident up there, something I didnt see previousy. If she keeps it up, I'm all ears.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Sometimes tone is all it takes, IMO. You may not be flashy, but a good tone is enough to me to listen to an artist.

Zoe didnt do it for me in the first two rounds, at all, but her tone was MADE for her KO song, it sounded so good, and she felt confident up there, something I didnt see previousy. If she keeps it up, I'm all ears.

Yeah tone is also enough for me to enjoy a performance sometimes, but something about how Zoe sings just doesn't work for me. It's in this in-between space where she doesn't really have the delicacy of an Anya or the power of a Jackie, and so it ends up that neither her soft or loud notes have much impact. Again, tone and style are very subjective, and I do see Zoe's appeal, but after these past three rounds I just don't see myself getting on board unfortunately.

• Like 1

Guess my unpopular opinion was that Bryan and Karen were the 2nd weakest of their respective teams

I also enjoyed Kamalei more than Olivia, who I think was the "weak" link tonight. 

And at the risk of sounding like a Cami alt account..Mafe was STILL the best of the night! (It's really close for me though tbf)

Edited by Hsamid
  • Sad 1

On 4/20/2024 at 6:38 PM, StarWalker1 said:

unpop: zoe's tone is my fave of the entire season and prob one of my all time faves ever on this show

You were ahead of your time with this take honestly, I've loved Zoe every performance of hers but she really cemented herself as snowflake status tonight

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

And at the risk of sounding like a Cami alt account..

the way i brought up my QM/TA/ATX alt account theory just to distract people from us being the same person… ugh my mind…

but in all seriousness, i love how well our opinions have been matching for the past few months!

also the improvement in Zoe’s performance quality has been truly exceptional as y’all have said but i wouldn’t call it a growth arc so much as an arc of better song choices. she was always this good

• Like 1