The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

1 hour ago, colemanftw said:

They think Rio did way better than Zania and that John screwed up big time.

You're making it seem like this is the majority's opinion. I went there myself and it is not. However, i am still shocked at how divisive it was, considering we all thought Zania won it by a landslide.

24 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

You're making it seem like this is the majority's opinion. I went there myself and it is not. However, i am still shocked at how divisive it was, considering we all thought Zania won it by a landslide.

I mean, the comments with most likes are those saying Rio should've won and/or that John screwed up

9 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I mean, the comments with most likes are those saying Rio should've won and/or that John screwed up

Fair point. But I agree with @Bk1234. We probably shouldn't question people's opinions as all music is subjective. Still doesn't stop me from being shocked though.

7 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

It was not deleted nor hidden but it was buried. You can still see he comment when you scroll down.

I see. The Voice almost definitely did something about that, though, since it had a ton of likes. 

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Do we have a social media thread this season? 

To discuss social media statistics? Yes.

• Like 1

Also, I always find it funny to see Savanna laughing in the background of Carolina's knockout. Savanna clearly isn't affected by the high-pressure situation of the 4WKO (also evidenced by her reaction to getting saved). She definitely thrives in positions like this.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I cam here to mention that I am fairly certain Connor Christian's KO was shortclipped because it was 90 seconds long instead of the usual ~120 seconds.

If it was, it was probably to hide just how badly he bombed.

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

It certainly was, but it wasn't shortclipped enough lol. That was a mess and then some, I could have went without hearing Connor sing his KO.

I think the only way they would've gotten away with that is if they did a Mandi-Anaya situation, and there's no way they'd shortclip Cam's performance even by a second.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I think the only way they would've gotten away with that is if they did a Mandi-Anaya situation, and there's no way they'd shortclip Cam's performance even by a second.

Cam is the reason they showed it in full, but because it was such a bizarre pairing and lopsided as hell, it could maybe had been an option for  montage had Cam given an average performance. Luckily he didn´t.

Just now, FloorWax said:

I remember being so shocked at the country dominance of S15's finale. I used to underestimate the power of country on the show because my first season was S13.

And then came S14, which had just a country female in the finale, lol. I can imagine you werent expecting it. 

Which brings me to a question: How many people on IDF actually saw the S16 Blake empire coming once the cross battles were announced? Or it caught you by surprise?

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Which brings me to a question: How many people on IDF actually saw the S16 Blake empire coming once the cross battles were announced? Or it caught you by surprise?

Most people predicted it, but it still was surreal to watch everything unfold (Kim and Andrew getting PV comes to mind)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

Just now, FloorWax said:

I liked Andrew, but 5 Team Blake members getting the PV was ludicrous.

Andrew was my favorite of the country guys that season, but both him or Carter would have been dead in the water with a then normal format (2 PVs and a CS). Gyth and Dexter would have gotten the PVs and I'm fairly certain that Blake would have saved Kim.

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Andrew was my favorite of the country guys that season, but both him or Carter would have been dead in the water with a then normal format (2 PVs and a CS). Gyth and Dexter would have gotten the PVs and I'm fairly certain that Blake would have saved Kim.

Oliv Blu is like, one of the luckiest people ever on The Voice. No way she would've made it past the playoffs without the absurd S16 format. Dare I say she wouldn't have even made it past the KO's. However, I do like her so I'm kind of glad she did.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

The moment it was announced there would be cross-battles, I knew Blake would come out ahead and Adam would end up behind. It was the season that broke Adam, and he saw that he'd never survive Robegate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I just realized that we've only had two women country singers who've won the show (not counting Alisan or Cassadee). I think we're long overdue for another.

To take it a step further, only 4 have made a finale. 

Danielle

Emily Ann

Spensha

Chevel 

That’s it. 

Cassadee’s genre on the show is debatable. Alisan’s is not. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

To take it a step further, only 4 have made a finale. 

Danielle

Emily Ann

Spensha

Chevel 

That’s it. 

Cassadee’s genre on the show is debatable. Alisan’s is not. 

Wow, that's shocking. 

Also, I just brought that up because I remember some people mentioning that Alisan turned slightly country near the end of her run - I agree, she was definitely not a country singer on the show.

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Wow, that's shocking. 

Also, I just brought that up because I remember some people mentioning that Alisan turned slightly country near the end of her run - I agree, she was definitely not a country singer on the show.

She turned country a couple years after the show. Honestly, I like her more as a country singer.