The Voice 🔴 S26 🔴 Spoilers/News/Updates -Snoop Dogg,Michael Bublé,Reba,Gwen

Someone648

1 minute ago, aj_runstar said:

They announced it around 11:56 est like they did with s24 

Ahh okay, so just a little over an hour ago? OK I wasn't too far off from seeing it then. :haha: 

• Like 2

I think Snoop Dogg and Michael Bublé will bring some fans to the tapings so we’ll probably get more spoilers.

Also Reba and Snoop’s dynamic will be funny. I’m excited for this panel!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thevoicefandom said:

they need to make S27 the youngggg panel. this panel is soooo old LOL. but experienced in the industry

That's what i'm saying! The youngest person is 48!

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Cool I don't have to watch the show next season either so that's good. :dead:

I'm sure we'll be very sad without you.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

But seriously, Michael Bublé and Snoop Dogg?  Interesting additions.  With Michael, in particular, I'm expecting more crooners and jazz singers.  Hopefully, they come.  And Snoop should bring in a lot more R&B singers than usual.

And Gwen is back?!  My day has been made!😁😁😁😁

Bring on season twenty-six!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

We were thinking that we were getting Charlie Puth, Meghan Trainor and Kelsea Ballerini. And are y'all complaining about Snoop Dogg and Michael Buble?? Really??

RIGHTTTT

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'm sure we'll be very sad without you.😁

can't wait for the end of season 26 for (again and again) that Gwen has no finalists to see your reaction 😁

• Haha 1

Michael’s a super fun guy and his experience spans several genres, but he’s definitely rooted in classics. He’s a perfect coach but not sure what direction he’ll go with for his team. We’ll inevitably get a crooner or two, which we’ve been lacking, but he’s a great addition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, French20 said:

can't wait for the end of season 26 for (again and again) that Gwen has no finalists to see your reaction 😁

Is my misery all you look for?🙄

You won't get it, because I'm pretty much resigned to it by now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, French20 said:

Her two stans will be in shambles when that happens again. :dead:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Michael’s a super fun guy and his experience spans several genres, but he’s definitely rooted in classics. He’s a perfect coach but not sure what direction he’ll go with for his team. We’ll inevitably get a crooner or two, which we’ve been lacking, but he’s a great addition.

He also has some pop hits, so he might go with some pop artists, as well.

Posted (edited)

Why not just go for the jugular and get Snoop Dogg, Chance, Drake and Diddy as mentors on this show, and watch the audience leave in droves 🙂

Actually, as a hip hop aficionado, it's interesting to see that TPTB is even starting to lean in this direction. There were teasers of this back in the OG judges days with Moses Stone even advancing to the playoffs, and getting Chance the Rapper was a further step (although weirdly enough, only Maddi Jane qualifies as a "rapper" on any of his teams, and that's being stymied over time). 

Snoop was in Wrestlemania, Scary Movie 5 and worked with Kelly Clarkson in the attempted and failed American version of Univision- the American Song Contest. Yes, there were rappers there, and large spectacle of performances that contrast greatly with what's in the Voice. Frankly, between Wrestlemania and ASC, the Voice is wayy too small for Snoop's outsized personality. Dude offers little advice to actual singers, but we'll likely get acts with more personality, more hip-hop cadences, and maybe an actual full-time rapper. And maybe one of the worst acoustic "Gin and Juice" and "Drop It Like It's Hot" performances you'll see on the show.

ETA - Gwen obviously had her hip hop era in the early 2000s she's definitely trying to suppress on the show (remember "Hollaback Girl"). With Snoop in the fold maybe she'll lean more into that.

Buble is a modern day revivalist of traditional pop and the Great American Songbook - with "modern day" meaning he did this in the 2000s and 2010s, bringing 1950s influenced stuff 60 years later. If you're a millennial into music at the time, you'll definitely remember his easy listening pop crossover "Haven't Met You Yet". In the 2020s, he's a definite artifact musically. He's also a modern day troll - peep his 2015 AGT guest judge stint where he "trolled" the Drake of magicians and didn't join in a hypnosis act:

IICR, Buble has a reputation for being a bit of a perfectionist and strict in what he's looking for, kinda like Harry Connick Jr. in Idol, who was another jazzy showtunes guy. I think that might be some of the appeal, plus Buble's good looks and charm certainly appeal to this kinda audience. But in a sea of judges who are yes men and women nowadays, maybe that could be a change. We'll see how that goes. And he'll certainly bring back some trad pop types into this show

Edited by jork
  • Like 1