The Voice 🌟 Season 25 🌟 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

so looks like Tae/Karen/Madison is D+S top 3?

If D+S are looking for a versatile top 3, I could see them selecting Tae, Madison, and Anya but that could depend on how the other performances go

1 hour ago, erik g said:

the title and thumbnail saying knockouts lol

I had to doublecheck the song title to confirm it was new.Β 
Β 

Or, this year the Playoffs are re-christened Knockouts part 2 just like S6 had double battles.

2 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Then what’s the point of the Playoff Pass ?Β :stealth:

Turns into a Knockout Round 2 Pass, of course :dead:Β 

Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Then what’s the point of the Playoff Pass ?Β :stealth:

Who knows? They make stuff up as they go.Β 
Β 

It’s probably just amateur hour with the SM team, but that is just a sad commentary on the show.

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

This performance has similar challenges with Maddi's KO, both involve rhythmic fast paced songs that exposed both artists' vocals.

Actually I think this is what makes their performances differentΒ :stealth:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, so the theme of this season to cater a ton more to radio tendencies. There's a lot of people trying to emulate the hot sounds of the past five years. And bringing Chance the Rapper and Saweetie on board confirms this is the case on the adviser-side.Β 

Β 

Tae Lewis, of course, being one of them. Always suspected that Tae's sound was firmly ensconced in the 2011-2013 sounds of bro country. His pre-show stuff reflects it, that what he really wants to talk about is sunlight, moonlight, big trucks, hot girls, never-ending parties. "Runnin Outta Moonlight" is bro-country. It's funny, Blake Shelton was also a big during that period, but generally went out of his way (or the show went out of their way) to cast more traditional types on the show. Probably because he recognizes the older cohort won't like the stuff we're seeing now.Β 

Β 

With Reba (and now Dan + Shay) on the show, TPTB are definitely greenlighting more of the bro-country acts without pushback (and maybe even encouragement). Dan + Shay entered country music during theΒ  bro-country era, so they are directly informed by it. Tae and Josh Sanders are definitely fairly stereotypical bro-country.Β 

Β 

Television is already irrelevant, but hard to imagine boomers or X'ers liking or caring about this stuff.Β 

Β 

Edited by jork
  • Like 1

As expected, little to no hype for Tae's performance.

Β 

Β 

Dude is once again on point with his pitch, runs and high notes all while singing an uptempo, quick worded song. Easily gives the best uptempo performances this season, and a top 5(maybe 3)vocalist of the remaining contestants.

Β 

Imma need him to sing something a bit slower soon though, show a more emotive side.Β 

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Are you in the right headspace to receive information that could possibly hurt you

Please just stop being vague and say what you know.Β  Are Anya and Madison in or out?Β  I'm guessing that Anya is out with the music release, but nothing on Madison.

38 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Please just stop being vague and say what you know.Β  Are Anya and Madison in or out?Β  I'm guessing that Anya is out with the music release, but nothing on Madison.

I mean we don’t know anything, just that Anya might fall under the music release theory

Am I the only one who thought Tae slayed that? For a typical country male contestant, this would be a pretty bad song choice, but Tae’s energy and vocal range made it work for me. I personally like it more than his Knockout.

Β 

Kinda figured IDF would be lukewarm to it though.

• Like 5

Just now, FloorWax said:

Am I the only one who thought Tae slayed that? For a typical country male contestant, this would be a pretty bad song choice, but Tae’s energy and vocal range made it work for me. I personally like it more than his Knockout.

Β 

Kinda figured IDF would be lukewarm to it though.

he kiiiilled it (and i HATE that no one is giving him credit for that!)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Teraginn said:

This performance has similar challenges with Maddi's KO, both involve rhythmic fast paced songs that exposed both artists' vocals. But like Maddi, I think Tae made up for it with the energy and stage presence.

Β 

Me trying to find where Tae’s vocals were β€œexposed”.

Β 

Cant See Scooby Doo GIF by moodman

Β 

He handled this performance way better than Maddi did her KO and you know itΒ :haha:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6