5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

Adam Rippon

Dancing With the Stars': Adam Rippon crowned champion

I really wanted to like Adam during the Athletes only season of Dancing with the Stars.  He was paired with one of my favorite pro's Jenna Johnson.  He was a figure skater, so it was assumed he would transition to ballroom dancing decently easy.  However as I watched this shortened season I noticed he got to dance Jazz, Contemporary and Freestyle in 3 out of his five dances on the show.  I have a big gripe with this show and its use of contemporary and Jazz performances.  There should be one night of the season that you get either the Contemporary or the Jazz, or maybe just call it Contemporary/Jazz and everyone gets this category.  That way I don't have to see people get this multiple times throughout the season.  His Jazz was fantastic.  His freestyle on the other hand was awful, and rubbed me the wrong way.  Thank you for coming to my rant about Contemporary/Jazz routines on Dancing with the Stars.  

InnocentFatalHarvestmouse-max-1mb.gif 

Congrats to Lolo Jones on being the highest ranked celebrity who finished in last place on a regular season ! But now, her time has come to dance away from this rankdown!  Known for her athletic skill, Lolo Jones competed at the Summer Olympics in track & field and at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Bobsled. Following the 2014 Olympics, she was chosen as a celebrity on Dancing With The Stars' 19th season where she was partnered with Keo in his first season as a professional.  They danced a Cha Cha Cha where it was not that good where they earned a 22 out of a possible 40. And just like that, they were the first eliminated couple of the season. Since then, Lolo has appeared on multiple reality TV shows such as The Challenge and Celebrity Big Brother where she has became a fan favourite.

No, their cue wasn't on the beat, like they were supposed to have a text message pop and it didn't, so, she just lost it after that... she knows... absolutely she makes no excuses, she makes no excuses it was awful, she's surprised she was even able to get back with it, it's not, that was, literally she's had practices, every practice was better than what just happened, sh-she's honestly just really mad. She couldn't even do the cha cha walks, she's like, disgusted. Look! Look she got it, she knows how to do the cha cha walk. She knows how to do it. Thank you. Okay. Yeah. 

• Haha 4

Cloris Leachman

47bfdde204298c9c621110aaa1994ae6.jpg

Cloris Leachman was an actress, model, and comedienne that was born in Iowa. She was the oldest of three. Her career spanned seven decades. She won several Emmys and an Academy Award during that time.  Cloris was on Season 7 of Dancing with the Stars and her partner was Corky Ballas, father of Mark Ballas. She is the oldest person to have competed on the show. She danced a Foxtrot, Mambo, Paso Doble, Jive, Tango, Salsa, Cha-Cha, and Hip-hop.  Cloris ended up in 7th place (seven seemed to be her number). Sadly, Cloris passed away on January 27, 2021 at the age of 94, making her the third contestant to pass away. She is a legend, of course, but based on her time on the show only, I found her dancing painful to watch and it's time for her to go.

Kristi Yamaguchi

Kristi Yamaguchi Wins Dancing With The Stars | Dancing With the Stars |  Just Jared

Welp, all the first boots are gone and so that means it's time for me to move on to bigger and better things. Kristi is flawless. Definitely in the Top 5 to ever compete on the show, probably higher. Kristi won Season 6 of DWTS. Kristi also won the DWTS Rankdown 2.0. Kristi also won the DWTS Rankdown 3.0. Kristi's repeat rankdown win is one of the most iconic moments in IDF Rankdown history. Me cutting Kristi now? Not an iconic moment. It's boring. Expected. In this format, literally no one is a threat to win. So I can't pretend I'm trying to get rid of a threat. But I've said that I don't want repeat winners and I would have done my best to prevent Kristi from winning 3.0. So I want to stay on brand and cut her now before someone steals my thunder. I did my chores and worked to get all the first boots out before making this cut. 

• Like 1

Marie Osmond

9d47bfd0315ed21b4447063059de04b4.jpg

Since we're taking out good dancers who actually deserved their spots in their season's finals, I'll take out a celeb who definitely did not deserve their spot in their respective season's finale. 😘 That would be Marie Osmond, sister of Donny Osmond. And honestly? Marie making it all the way to 3rd while not being a good dancer should've been the writing on the wall when Donny showed up as a contestant on season 9 and won. For whatever reason the Osmonds are super popular with the casuals so we had to deal with both Osmonds in the finale. As I said, Marie wasn't good despite the scores she received. Her lowest score was a 21 for both her Foxtrot and Samba while her highest score was a 29 for her Quickstep. She scored quite a few 9's and 10's which were definitely not deserved. She wasn't that good. 8's would suffice just fine for turning in a marginally better dance in week 9 than what she did in week 1. Along the way, she robbed Sabrina Bryan, Cameron Mathison & Jennie Garth - all much better dancers and more deserving of a spot in the finals than her. The Sabrina elimination in particular is infuriating because she had been nothing short of great while Marie did nothing noteworthy up until that point in the competition. Luckily, she placed 3rd and we good a great top 2 of Mel & Helio. The judges must've been worried about her winning because they were suddenly giving her 7's and 8's in the finals after giving her 9's and 10's in the semi-finals. LOL. Marie's most memorable moment wasn't any of the dances that she did, but rather when she fainted after dancing her Samba in week 5. She later said "I forgot to breate" after this happened. She also made us suffer through that awful doll-themed Freestyle. It is rightfully the lowest-scoring Freestyle in this show's 30 seasons. That was back when the judges were actually critical of Freestyles instead of handing out 30's to the obvious weak link in the finals just for showing up. But yeah, she's not that good of a dancer. She overstayed her welcome on season 5. We somehow missed her when we were cutting all the undeserving finalists, so I will take her out now.

Nancy McKeon

37d5b77f-6381-48eb-af38-b23d2ae6cbd4-150

Nancy McKeon is an actress, best known for starring as Jo Polniaczek on The Facts of Life, who competed on the 27th season of Dancing with the Stars, where she was partnered with Val. I often joke about her not being quite memorable and the more forgettable person of that season. Maybe a bit mean of me, so apologies there but it's all in jokes. 🙈 But yeah, I do kinda mean that as one time I was trying to name everyone on this season's cast a few years ago, she was the last one I could not name. I legit forgot her and it took me some time to remember her.

Anyway, I believe Nancy was the first celeb announced for her season. Her run on the show was average. She danced a Quickstep on Week 1, which scored all 6's for an 18. Then she landed in the Bottom 5, where she danced another Quickstep that scored a 21. I think she was in the Bottom 2 against Nikki Glaser. I can't remember if that was the legit B2, probably not. Then on the Week 2 shows, she danced a Cha Cha scoring a 21 and then a Paso Doble that scored a 20. On Week 3's Most Memorable Year night, she danced a Rumba to "Love Someone" that earned her her highest score of a 22. I think she was in the last two against Tinashe, so at that point, I was like "LOL BYE NANCY," and she did go after that. Overall, Nancy was alright and all of her dances were alright. I don't really remember them or which one was my favorite. I think her Rumba was my favorite dance of hers. But yeah, I was fine with her going on the show and I'm fine with her going now in this game. Plus this cut gives us our flawless Top 5 of Milo, Evanna, Alexis, Juan Pablo and Tinashe that we deserved. :wub: You're welcome, IDF!

MARK DACASCOS

cad780980627e1bc1bb0925c2476e28d--lacey-

Mark Alan Dacascos is an American actor, martial artist and television personality. He won numerous karate and kung fu championships between the ages of 7 and 18. He is best known as "The Chairman" on Food Network's Iron Chef America series since January 2005, he has continued the role as of 2022 on Netflix's Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend. He was on Season 9 of Dancing with the Stars where he was partnered with the lovely, Lacey Schwimmer. I still hate this season having 16 celebs, it was just a mess for me. I say this as if the last 2 seasons of DWTS hasn't had 15 celebs but it's DIFFERENT OKAY! Anyway, they were the 10th couple eliminated and placed 6th overall. Mark was a pretty mediocre dancer but he did have a pretty great Paso doble & Jitterbug, both of which scored 26, his best dances for sure. Anyway, I am cutting so that there's 4 women remaining from Season 9 and no men :giggle:

Jordan Fisher

85ae4dc8f9b31793d36f69652f994dfd.jpg

Look I am sure this doesn't shock anyone and I guess you can't really be mad if Lindsey is gone and atleast his stans got him to the endgame last time (after cutting Lindsey very last moment after I kept my word and left him alone but I digress) and he beat her again but no one was going to expect me not to cut him lol so I'll just get it over with.. he gave us one of the best best trios of all time and he was a good dancer.  Him being handed 30's while nitpicking his competition made it hard for me to root for his win and I honestly enjoyed Lindsey and Mark 100 hundred percent more. But don't worry he has the Depp Heard trial to be happy about based on his tasteless social media lately so good for him but I am going to rip this band aid off and move on. He has been dragged all over reddit lately for his social media and the mess he had going on during his Broadway stuff so that's something..good for him for beating Lindsey again but I am not letting him go any further. Thanks for getting my girl Lindsay another win though ❤️

Edited by *Diana
  • Like 2

lol how Derek goes from cutting first boots to winners. What a 180. :dead: 

Well Jordan lasted a lot longer than I thought after the Lindsey cut, so slay that he made the Top 200 and Top 3 for S25, at least. Cause if Diana wasn't away, he would have gotten cut right after Alex made that cut. :dead:  No surprises that we got a Nikki/Vanessa Top 2 for S25. :haha: 

But y'all are tempting me to make big cuts. :dead:  But stilllll gonna try to hold off on that.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

No, their cue wasn't on the beat, like they were supposed to have a text message pop and it didn't, so, she just lost it after that... she knows... absolutely she makes no excuses, she makes no excuses it was awful, she's surprised she was even able to get back with it, it's not, that was, literally she's had practices, every practice was better than what just happened, sh-she's honestly just really mad. She couldn't even do the cha cha walks, she's like, disgusted. Look! Look she got it, she knows how to do the cha cha walk. She knows how to do it. Thank you. Okay. Yeah. 

Next Drag Race spoken word lip-sync 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

JANA KRAMER

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952885fda83fae69d01a3

Jana Kramer is a country music "singer" who was on the twenty-third season of Dancing With the Stars, where she was partnered with the super whelming Gleb. The two of them made it to the finale, where they placed fourth. She lost to Laurie, James and Calvin, all of whom were better dancers than her so that wasn't surprising. What is surprising is that she somehow managed to squeak a fourth place finish when Christine Taylor Marcia Brady Maureen McCormick was in the cast, or that she's still in this rankdown when Zendaya and Lindsey Stirling are out. I gotta be honest, I don't really remember much of her run since I watched it so quickly. I assume her Argentine Tango that involved water should be mentioned, so consider this that mention. Recently, she's made headlines for being messy about a divorce or something of that sort.

• Sad 2

dwts-finale.gif
Mehryl Davis

Mehryl Davis is the winner of the eighteenth season of the show. I was never invested in her and I don’t think she was that fantastic. I was a big Danica, NeNe and Candace fan (I’m British, I didn’t know how much trouble Candace was so you can’t blame me) and I thought they were better than her anyway. The only redeeming thing about her was Maks and I enjoy looking at him. I found her to be forgettable and so vanilla.. two things I hate when it comes to a reality show. I guess her best routine was her Tango? It’s difficult to judge since I find them all pretty boring. Since Zendaya, Jordan and Nyle got cut then she can go too.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Corbin Bleu

Dancing with the Stars: Corbin Bleu Recounts the 'Mayhem' of First  Rehearsals | PEOPLE.com

Lol I actually really like Corbin I'm just doing this to ensure we have a new winner! Which was 99% gonna happen anyway but we can now say it!

Corbin Bleu is a critically-acclaimed actor best known for being snubbed for an Oscar for his roles in High School Musical and Jump In. One of my favorite all-time fun facts is that Corbin has the third-most translated Wikipedia page in the world, behind Jesus and Barack Obama. I can't think of anyone more deserving. He appeared on Season 17, partnered with Karina, and undeniably freaking crushed it all season. Gave us numerous iconic dances, probably most notably that trio Jazz, and finished on a 27.4 average. Amber/Corbin is an iconic top 2, but I'm a huge Amber fan that I was all in on her winning, even to the point where I was like "you know what Derek deserves? Another trophy!" as if he didn't already have about 13 of them.

Really don't have anything bad to say about him. There are people who should be cut before him. I just wanted to join in the fun ❤️

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 2