Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

On 3/15/2022 at 8:33 PM, goofycilla90 said:

Black Christmas

206?cb=20120307142518

how many times have they remade this movie? lol when I decided to volunteer my services while my sister is in the hospital I started doing the write-up for the 2019 version of this film. something told me that wasn't right by the title of this rankdown: Films of the 2000s Rankdown. :dead: good thing I checked and didn't post a write-up for nothing lol. so besides being remade in 2019 this is also a remake of the original. ok wait I take that back it's actually a sequel to the original released in 1974. growing up with Victoria as a sister meant you were going to be subjected to horror and like it lmao. It's a horror based around christmas time ho ho ho. The original is a classic but this is anything but. typical slasher film and not a good one at that. the movie has some known actresses such as Katie Cassidy, Michelle Trachtenberg, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Lacey Chabert. You've seen them in some capacity or another, I bet you. 

save snakes on a plane for the memes

Now this reminds me of the actors rankdown. 
I always claimed I cut people for being in this movie and then brought MEW into the top 20. Nobody called me out either on the blatant hypocrisy. 

MAMMA MIA!

I've made my opinion on musicals clear, so I don't think anyone will be surprised to know that I have never seen Mamma Mia! or Mamma Mia 2. Which could be surprising since I like ABBA, Meryl Street and Cher (though I think she's only in the sequel?), but this movie has never appealed to me. Every time the commercials and/or trailers for it came on, I had 0% interest in watching more. Up against Monster, it is an easy cut for yours truly. The plot of Mamma Mia! is that someone is trying to figure out who her real father is from her mother's summer of love affairs. Or at least that's what I think the trailer implied the plot was for the first movie. idk, I'm not utilizing Wikipedia for once. The movie was naturally a critical and commercial success, as it led to the sequel. It also led to ABBA reuniting for the first time in like 30 years, so there's that.

SAVE: Monster

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, *Chris said:

I had two top favourites nominated along with it, unfortunately. 

Aww I figured that. :( 

15 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

someone slide into my dm's and tell me Wally's favorites. J/K

Rude. 😢 

No one is gonna know my favorites as I'm not participating in the game. :dead: 

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Haha yeah the game must crazy its why I didn't have any desire to be a ranker.

Ahh if I was a bigger movies person I could probably handle it. But yeah it's such a challenge. But I'm getting through it! :dead: 

2 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

ee

I know how they do it.

nervous season 3 GIF

:dead: 

Thank you to @.Rei @taylorkat @QueenKalie @NGM and @*Wallace for helping me out with public noms! Everyone's top two choices got nominated (and potentially 3-5 if they coincided with someone's top two 😮)

Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

The Butterfly Effect

Garden State

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Cars

Hairspray

Gran Torino

The Reader

The Visitor

Ajami

The Blind Side

@FrogLenzen @*Chris @~Tom~ @*Diana @Steven_ @Elliott

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Public Noms Posted)