Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

Thanks everyone for your patience! The second post is now updated with the correct numbering. I still gotta do the third post's numberings, but those are less important. I'm gonna try to them either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. But if I don't, I'll still start the next cycle some time tomorrow because I'll be out most of this weekend.

• Like 3

Cycle 14 - Duels

vqmfejw1xkv47kh1yb6f.jpg

We had a sort of battle round earlier in the game, but now it's time to go old school in this cycle with a classic battle round. When it's your turn to nominate, you will nominate two films to duel each other. The remaining rankers will privately vote for which film they would like to see win the duel and remain in the game (via pm here or dm on twitter). Once a film wins the duel, it is safe for the entire cycle. Every other film is eligible to be nominated. You have 24 hours to nominate and 24 hours to vote. You will also have 24 hours to complete your writeups once the cycle ends. If you do not complete your writeup in that time any remaining films you gave immunity to at the start of the game will go in a duel immediately where one will be eliminated.

Nominating Order:

AkonAwG.png

xhuV8zo.png

@*Diana is up first to create her duel. You'll all be nominating twice this cycle, but instead of making a giant list, I thought it would be fairest for everyone to have an opportunity to nominate once in the first half of the cycle and once in the second.

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Cycle 14 Posted)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana's Duel Posted)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Derek's Duel Next)

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

Johnny Depp Drinking GIF

Y'all are really saying Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl is a robbery? Wait till my next round if you want to complain about this film being robbed when it absolutely was not. I placed it with a film I knew would get the vote just so this movie could finally die. And thank goodness that worked. I don't think any Pirates film deserves to be here still so it was a fairly easy target and you all know my feelings on Depp so I don't feel an ounce bad for this cut. If you think it was robbed well that is on you. One of the most overrated franchises in history. 

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Derek's Duel Posted)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Chris' Duel Next)

John Tucker Must Die (2006)

A woman in a white tank top and bikini bottoms, with a lower back tattoo, which reads "John Tucker Must Die". Her right hand is behind her back, index finger pointing and others curled as if making a gun gesture.

Before the days of instagram and social media and tik tok, there was this movie about how a high schooler was dating girls from multiple "cliques" and somehow the girls didn't find out about each other because they didn't mix friend groups. Actually, the same thing kind of happened in that new Maya Hawke movie or something, hmmm. Either way, the high schooler in this movie had his plans foiled because he encountered the same waitress on all of his dates. So the plan becomes for the waitress to get revenge on him for being a womanizer by breaking his heart. I know you may be disappointed that the revenge plan doesn't involve actually killing John Tucker, despite the misleading title of the movie. Instead, it's just a dull teen movie and critics had nothing special to say about it

Edited by FrogLenzen