Best No-Chair in S21

British Man

Which of these performances was the closest to deserving a chair turn?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these performances was the best?

• Gracie Nourbash - Control
    • Marco Salvador - Bailamos
    • Camryn B - Hometown Glory
    • Serenity Arce - I See Red
    • Jasmine Mills - ISHTSGTY
    • Lucas O'Reilly - Carolina on my Mind
    • Bubba - How Am I Supposed to Live Without You
    • Kayla Lilly - Never Enough
    • Austin Percario - This Town
    • Alexandra Stojack - The Way I Am
    • Jared Brasher - Drunk on Your Love
    • Joe McGuinness - Midnight RIder

The 0-Chair turns this season were deserved. Most of the performers who didn't get a turn had nerves get the better of them. However, that doesn't mean they're all at the same level. Some are much better than others. That's what this poll is for.

Personally, I thought Kayla Lilly was the best, but what do you think?

I actually thought we got some solid no chairs this season. I want a lot of them to come back. My favorite would have to be Lexi, but I agree that Kayla was one of the better no chairs this season. I also find myself re-playing Camryn’s audition - I just can’t get enough of that tone.

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I actually thought we got some solid no chairs this season. I want a lot of them to come back. My favorite would have to be Lexi, but I agree that Kayla was one of the better no chairs this season. I also find myself re-playing Camryn’s audition - I just can’t get enough of that tone.

Yeah, a lot of comments often say "It's the coaches jobs to coach their artists" and "If they had coaching they'd be a lot better", and while I agree, I do see why judges wouldn't want to take that gamble.

Like, Ayanna Joni was a case of "let's see how coaching this artist would make her improve" and the answer was..... not at all.

52 minutes ago, British Man said:

Yeah, a lot of comments often say "It's the coaches jobs to coach their artists" and "If they had coaching they'd be a lot better", and while I agree, I do see why judges wouldn't want to take that gamble.

Like, Ayanna Joni was a case of "let's see how coaching this artist would make her improve" and the answer was..... not at all.

I think the no chair contestants are honestly better off auditioning the next season than going through a comeback stage. We’ve had some great contestants result from this (MaKenzie Thomas, Corey Ward and Bryan Bautista, etc). If a contestant couldn’t pass the Blind Audition stage once, why would they be ready for the Lives? Didn't help that they had very little momentum compared to everyone else in Lives.

2 hours ago, David68 said:

who voted jared

Someone who obviously confused "best" with "worst."

I thought that Jasmine, Kayla, and Alexandra were the best of the no-chair-turns.  With more practice, I think they could have gotten the turns they needed.

Jasmine and Kayla I think were done in more by song choice than nerves, though nerves were still evident. Between the two, I’d prefer to see Kayla again, but I wouldn’t be opposed to having Jasmine come back next season either.

Marco, Lexi, and Camryn have potential as well, though.

For being no-chair turns, this season’s generally weren’t half bad compared to previous seasons.

This is surprisingly even.

Not going to lie though, I'm surprised at how little votes Serenity Arce is getting. Personally, she was my second favourite no chair turn.

She also got 41% Turn Percentage on The Voice App, which is the second highest out of the no chairs, only behind Kayla Lilly with 44%

Meanwhile, poor Bubba, but I suppose he was doomed ever since his mother named him "Bubba"

39 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Lowkey I'm expecting one of these guys to pull a Corey Ward/Mackenzie Thomas on S22.

Marco Salvador posted something about an upcoming open call for the Voice on his IG, so maybe he's trying out again, although I feel like it's a bit too early for him still. I think Lexi or Jasmine would be the most likely to return and see some success from this season, but I'm still holding out hope for Kaitlyn Myers from last season to come back.

13 hours ago, ikwonic said:

why are we attacking the person that voted for bubba when someone voted for jared ???

Jared certainly was not the best no-chair. But I don’t think he was the worst no-chair I have ever seen - I have definitely seen worse no-chairs. This might belong in the unpopular opinion thread, but since it’s relevant, I thought I’d post it here.

• Confused 1