American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

The few times I remember ex-producer Nigel Lythgoe revealing the voting information were when he said:

1. Carrie Underwood was number one in the voting every week. 
2. Phillip Phillips lead every week after Colton left, IIRC. 
3. Pia Toscano was never one of the top vote-getters in S10, despite her perceived front runner status. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

I wish idol would just release the voting order every week, or at least give hints about the placements. Idk why they don’t. 

You don’t? Really?

They don’t want to make the early voting a self-fulfilling prophecy, that’s why.

7 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

The few times I remember ex-producer Nigel Lythgoe revealing the voting information were when he said:

1. Carrie Underwood was number one in the voting every week. 
2. Phillip Phillips lead every week after Colton left, IIRC. 
3. Pia Toscano was never one of the top vote-getters in S10, despite her perceived front runner status. 

He said a few more stuff as well way, way back in the day:

-Kelly led the voting every week from A Natural Woman onward, except for when Tamyra did AHINAH
-Clay led the voting every voting every week in S2 from the wildcard round until the finale (he also said that in the seasons he was the producer, the winner of the season had the most votes Top 3 week as well)

-Diana was the highest vote getter in S3 from Top 7 until Top 4

-The Davids were the top two every week in S7’s finals except for Top 5 week (Syesha had the most votes, iirc)

I can try and dig in my ~archives~ for more stuff but that’s what I remember off the top of my head

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

8 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

That voting order list might be correct after seeing tonight‘s results. 

I see that my name has been mentioned in this thread lol. Just want to say the order list was from last week. Don't rely on that list every week to determine who will leave - live voting can change everything as it did last night. I got the info 'cause an alumni from my university works on the Idol production team, and I'm only sharing what I got. I'm not going to ask her again for the weekly voting order. Let's hope we all do our best every week to get whoever we like to stay. Also, if anyone has anything they'd like to address to me I'd appreciate it if you just DM me personally and not talking about me when I'm not here. Thanks.

Edited by jazzontherocks
  • Like 3

The Top 10 did an interview with Billboard, here are their favorite alumni (https://www.billboard.com/lists/american-idol-top-10-season-20-2022/)

Emyrson Flora - Alejandro Aranda, Gabby Barrett 

Christian Guardino - Willie Spence, Jordin Sparks

Fritz Hager- Casey Abrams, Phillip Phillips, Alejandro Aranda, Hunter Metts, Francisco Martin

Hunter Girl - Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Lauren Alaina, Chris Daughtry, Colton Dixon, Jennifer Hudson

Jay Copeland - Michael Woodard, Tori Kelly, Jessica Sanchez, Jennifer Hudson, Todrick Hall

Lady K - Fantasia, Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Grace Kinstler, Willie Spence

Leah Marlene - Adam Lambert, Phillip Phillips, Maddie Poppe

Nicolina Bozzo - Kelly Clarkson

Mike Parker - Joshua Ledet

Noah Thomspon - Alejandro Aranda

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, m1key said:

The Top 10 did an interview with Billboard, here are their favorite alumni (https://www.billboard.com/lists/american-idol-top-10-season-20-2022/)

Emyrson Flora - Alejandro Aranda, Gabby Barrett 

Christian Guardino - Willie Spence, Jordin Sparks

Fritz Hager- Casey Abrams, Phillip Phillips, Alejandro Aranda, Hunter Metts, Francisco Martin

Hunter Girl - Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Lauren Alaina, Chris Daughtry, Colton Dixon, Jennifer Hudson

Jay Copeland - Michael Woodard, Tori Kelly, Jessica Sanchez, Jennifer Hudson, Todrick Hall

Lady K - Fantasia, Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Grace Kinstler, Willie Spence

Leah Marlene - Adam Lambert, Phillip Phillips, Maddie Poppe

Nicolina Bozzo - Kelly Clarkson

Mike Parker - Joshua Ledet

Noah Thomspon - Alejandro Aranda

How the hell did no one say Haley Reinhart.

also the lack of Kelly just goes to show how young the cast is this year. Probably half of them weren’t even born when she won, and the rest were prob in diapers.

Edited by Rainbow_of_greys

41 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It's telling that of the 19 Idol winners, only 6 made it - Kelly, Carrie, Fantasia, Jordin, Phillip, Maddie.

It's interesting that Emryson did not choose a Pop alum and Mike and Noah did not pick a Country alum.

That tells me that Mike’s country thing is a put on and deep down he’d prefer Joshua’s style. Noah just confuses me.