Have y"all ever met a contestant in person or gone to see them live?

Misirlou

I live in the Philippines, so I don't really get to see my Voice faves in the flesh that often which is why I go to great lengths in my "fanboying" of them. I interact with them and try to visit their online events and gigs as much as possible.

I was however very fortunate to be able to see Christina Grimmie during her visit to my country. It was a mall tour shortly after her stint on The Voice, and the venue was packed to the gills. Her live singing was impressive, as expected, and she was really playing to the crowd. Afterwards there was a very brisk M&G where I got to sign my copy of her With Love album and get a hug from her. It was a terrific day. RIP Queen, we will always miss you.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 22

I met Ryan Quinn during my freshman year of college when he was playing at a cafe by a neighboring college. I was able to talk to him for about 45 minutes before his set, and he was very nice. He also played nine songs (only song from The Voice was Maybe I’m Amazed but he also sang If I Ain’t Got You, What’s Going On, Pusher Lover Girl, Crazy, What’s Up and an Allen Stone song from what I can remember). I took a few photos with him and I also took another photo for him with some of the people there.

That same year, I met Jordy Searcy at an event at my college with some of my friends. He was also very nice. I also took pictures with him and my best friend and later roommate. He played some of his original music for us, and did a workshop where we helped him write a song about SpongeBob and Patrick. He was a very fun performer and that was a great event.

• Like 6

not to brag or anything but i saw Michelle Brooks-Thompson from S3 sing the National Anthem at a football game once😌 i could NOT care less about football so i was bored out of my mind during the actual game, but y’all know i was SHAKING while watching a contestant from The Voice sing live!!!

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

not to brag or anything but i saw Michelle Brooks-Thompson from S3 sing the National Anthem at a football game once😌 i could NOT care less about football so i was bored out of my mind during the actual game, but y’all know i was SHAKING while watching a contestant from The Voice sing live!!!

ICON, they should have changed the rules to allow a steal in her knockout

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I saw Max Boyle and Kyndal Inskeep live (she opened for him). Max opened with Wayfairing Stranger and also sang when the party’s over and some original stuff. They also sang Shallow as a duet which was 😍😍

I haven’t been able to meet any contestants but I have mutual friends with Max Boyle and Rio Doyle because they’re from the area I live in. 

Edited by Kyn65
  • Like 7

Had a drink with Craig Wayne Boyd before a show at a local bar.  Got Danielle Bradbery to sign my hat when she opened for Brad Paisley.  Saw Brynn open for Kelly Clarkson. 

OT:  I've been to a lot of concerts...well over 100....the most personal interaction to date was a pre-show meet and greet hug from Kacey Musgraves. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

Had a drink with Craig Wayne Boyd before a show at a local bar.  Got Danielle Bradbury to sign my hat when she opened for Brad Paisley.  Saw Brynn open for Kelly Clarkson. 

OT:  I've been to a lot of concerts...well over 100....the most personal interaction to date was a pre-show meet and greet hug from Kacey Musgraves. 

you have been blessed🙏 i love Kacey so much

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

you have been blessed🙏 i love Kacey so much

Yes I have.  I've been a fan of Kacey since way before it was cool to be a Kacey fan. 

Ever hear a 14 YO Kacey yodel?

• Like 2

Me and the wife went to Jordan Smiths first concert after his first album "Something Beautiful" was released in March of 2016. My wife got a backstage pass and went in to meet him and take pictures. A few months later we drove into Los Angeles to a Barns and Noble for the vinyl release of his first album. They had forgotten to bring an album upstairs were he was greeting people and we had bought it so they asked if they could use our copy for publicity photos so if you see a picture of Jordan holding a vinyl record of his first album that is ours and it is now signed. In August of 2016 Jordan recorded a PBS television special for his Christmas album "Tis The Season" we along with a handful of other fans got tickets for the taping. We were asked to wear Christmas attire. We stood outside in 105 degrees in an alley baking in the sun, but it was worth it and we had a great time.

• Like 5

I met and talked to Michelle Chamuel a few times. Complete sweet heart and just super authentic. I’ve gone to a few of her shows as well. Love Love Love her acoustic sets because she has so many layers to her voice, and you can hear them with less instrumentation.

I also lucked into Danielle. She was playing at Mohegan when I went there..I heard that voice and followed it to seat. ❤️

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Had a drink with Craig Wayne Boyd before a show at a local bar.  Got Danielle Bradbery to sign my hat when she opened for Brad Paisley.  Saw Brynn open for Kelly Clarkson. 

If I was ever able to hug Kasey I'm not sure I would be able to let go.  

I've seen Dave Fenley a couple times and Reid Umstadd was a bartender at a place I frequented.

• Like 4

I've seen a quite few. Here they are in order...

Javier Colon- Seen 3X, met 2X. Really great guy and super talented. I've interacted with him a few times on social media too.

Tony Lucca- Seen 2X, met 1X. Super talented and has lots of stories on being in the industry since he started out as a child star. I saw him the second time  in 2018 at an art gallery near where I went to college and we had a super long conversation on all things The Voice and other local concert venues before the show.  I was seeing David Cook a few weeks later at the venue where I'd previously seen him right after the show and he told me to say hi to him(They are friends and toured together before). He also told me to say hi to Chris Mann (Was a little reluctant to say that I know Chris/ am a huge fan since that whole Adam/Xtina feud but it turns out they are friends and Tony said he hoped to see Chris in concert someday)

Chris Mann-Seen/met 4X - Chris is just one of the nicest people ever. He takes his time to know all of his fans and still remembers things years later. When I last saw him before the pandemic hit, he kept referring me as his walking Wikipedia page throughout the show. He and his also very talented wife know me well from social media and are always super responsive to me . He can also sing literally anything you give to him. He can even rap. Glad he's gotten success with his viral videos. 

Jordin Pruitt- Seen 1X Saw her as an opening act for MAX in 2013.  I was a fan of her back in her Disney days. Xtina should have not kicked her off!

Matthew Schuler- Seen 5X, met 4x- Matthew is super kind hearted. He's from my neck of the woods so I was able to go to his first full concert ever a few months after the show. He's a super amazing songwriter and storyteller too. , I gave my HS newspaper article on him to his father the one time he wasn't meeting fans after a show once then got a super nice and long note from him in the mail a week later.  When I saw him with Tessanne a few months later, he knew me by name right away.  He and his family now follow me on Instagram and are always nice as ever when I see them. He now does weekly free Zoom concerts   on Thursdays and they are super cool and interactive! 

Joshua Howard- Seen 1X I saw him with Matt. I remember he was really good. Shame he was double montaged. 

Christine Grimmie-Seen/met 1X- I met her at The Voice tour the one time they did it and she was just the nicest. She gave me a hug and when I told her she should have won, she said it already felt like she won. Also talked about how I'd seen some of her YT videos before she competed on the  and saw her in all the teen magazines in 2011-2012. She was also from my neck of the woods. I miss her so much. 

Jacquie Lee- Seen/met 1X- Met her at The Voice tour with her mom. Super friendly and talented as hell. She got a big standing O after singing I Put A Spell On You and it was magical. 

Josh Kauffman -Seen/met 1X- Also met at The Voice tour. Super friendly and I remember being surprised on how short he was!

Will Champlin- Seen/met 1X I remember he had a LOT of fans at the tour M&g. His album had just came out . Super friendly and ultra talented too.

Kristen Merlin- Seen/met 1X- Such a sweetheart and love her spunk . She has such an amazing voice.  She came to my college right before I started and I was pissed,lol. Hope to see her live again someday. 

Dia Frampton-Seen/met 1X- Also super friendly and ultra talented. Still stupid on how Repubcrap under promoted her. She was super tall too which I was surprised about 

Tessanne Chin-Seen/met 2X- She was so kind at The Voice tour and when I saw her again in Philly with Matthew a few months later where she sold out.(Lots of the people there seemed to have already been fans of her from before the show)  She has such a killer voice and such a wonderful personality. Repubcrap did her wrong.

Audra McLaughlin- Seen/met 1X- She grew up 3 towns over from me and I know a few people that know her. I saw her at a local music festival after the show. She's super talented and pulled off her set in pouring rain. Really wish she got famous since she's sooo good and I'm no country fan at all. I've interacted with her on social media a few times too. 

Michelle Chamuel- Seen/met 1X- My orthodontist who I had just "graduated "from's wife turned out to be her cousin and they were at the show with their kids,lol. I had the paid meet & greet with her and only 6 people got it. We spent about an hour with her playing Jenga and talking to her and her crew. She learned everybody's name and everything. Wish she'd do more then just putting out some music every year or so. Hopefully that will change post-covid. She's so original and talented as hell., Still sad she didn't win. 

Matt McAndrew- Seen/met 2X- He's also from my neck of the woods so I also went to his first post-show concert. It was snowing and he still kept his social media promise on meeting every person . Think he gave a 2 hour set. He was incredible and so breath taking.  Also met his then girlfriend and cousin and they were super nice too.  I met his sister the second time I saw him and she was super nice too. Happy for the success he's having with his new band as Repubcrap did him dirty too. 

Luke Wade-Seen/met 1X- I saw/met him when he was with Matt. Super friendly. After his set, he was just walking around talking to everybody. He was one of those ones whp just had the wrong songs in lives. He was very captivating. Super nice on social media too. 

Dez Duron- I saw him a a conference I went to with school in 2019. He's improved a lot since the show. Seems to do well touring the college circuit. He has the same management as Matthew S(Who also does well in the college circuit). We spent a lot of time talking The Voice and I made sure to go to him first at the exhibit hall, lol. 

Jackie Verna actually went to my college(The Philly area Penn State campus and they had weekly watch parties for her) and went to the same hair salon as me in the Philly suburbs.  Still haven't seen her live. Also have been waiting to see Alisan  for years but she never really did any east coast shows besides a few in her hometown in MA. Seems like she's now more focused on teaching and being a mother). Would also love to see Maelyn and John Holiday someday.(John said he's working on coming to Philly when I asked on IG,lol)  My mom's friend's grandson is friends with Micah Iverson and it would be great to see him too!

Also met Jake Worthington and Jake Barker at The Voice tour but don't remember much 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Bunny391848 said:

I've seen a quite few. Here they are in order...

Javier Colon- Seen 3X, met 2X. Really great guy and super talented. I've interacted with him a few times on social media too.

Tony Lucca- Seen 2X, met 1X. Super talented and has lots of stories on being in the industry since he started out as a child star. I saw him the second time  in 2018 at an art gallery near where I went to college and we had a super long conversation on all things The Voice and other local concert venues before the show.  I was seeing David Cook a few weeks later at the venue where I'd previously seen him right after the show and he told me to say hi to him(They are friends and toured together before). He also told me to say hi to Chris Mann (Was a little reluctant to say that I know Chris/ am a huge fan since that whole Adam/Xtina feud but it turns out they are friends and Tony said he hoped to see Chris in concert someday)

Chris Mann-Seen/met 4X - Chris is just one of the nicest people ever. He takes his time to know all of his fans and still remembers things years later. When I last saw him before the pandemic hit, he kept referring me as his walking Wikipedia page throughout the show. He and his also very talented wife know me well from social media and are always super responsive to me . He can also sing literally anything you give to him. He can even rap. Glad he's gotten success with his viral videos. 

Jordin Pruitt- Seen 1X Saw her as an opening act for MAX in 2013.  I was a fan of her back in her Disney days. Xtina should have not kicked her off!

Matthew Schuler- Seen 5X, met 4x- Matthew is super kind hearted. He's from my neck of the woods so I was able to go to his first full concert ever a few months after the show. He's a super amazing songwriter and storyteller too. , I gave my HS newspaper article on him to his father the one time he wasn't meeting fans after a show once then got a super nice and long note from him in the mail a week later.  When I saw him with Tessanne a few months later, he knew me by name right away.  He and his family now follow me on Instagram and are always nice as ever when I see them. He now does weekly free Zoom concerts   on Thursdays and they are super cool and interactive! 

Joshua Howard- Seen 1X I saw him with Matt. I remember he was really good. Shame he was double montaged. 

Christine Grimmie-Seen/met 1X- I met her at The Voice tour the one time they did it and she was just the nicest. She gave me a hug and when I told her she should have won, she said it already felt like she won. Also talked about how I'd seen some of her YT videos before she competed on the  and saw her in all the teen magazines in 2011-2012. She was also from my neck of the woods. I miss her so much. 

Jacquie Lee- Seen/met 1X- Met her at The Voice tour with her mom. Super friendly and talented as hell. She got a big standing O after singing I Put A Spell On You and it was magical. 

Josh Kauffman -Seen/met 1X- Also met at The Voice tour. Super friendly and I remember being surprised on how short he was!

Will Champlin- Seen/met 1X I remember he had a LOT of fans at the tour M&g. His album had just came out . Super friendly and ultra talented too.

Kristen Merlin- Seen/met 1X- Such a sweetheart and love her spunk . She has such an amazing voice.  She came to my college right before I started and I was pissed,lol. Hope to see her live again someday. 

Dia Frampton-Seen/met 1X- Also super friendly and ultra talented. Still stupid on how Repubcrap under promoted her. She was super tall too which I was surprised about 

Tessanne Chin-Seen/met 2X- She was so kind at The Voice tour and when I saw her again in Philly with Matthew a few months later where she sold out.(Lots of the people there seemed to have already been fans of her from before the show)  She has such a killer voice and such a wonderful personality. Repubcrap did her wrong.

Audra McLaughlin- Seen/met 1X- She grew up 3 towns over from me and I know a few people that know her. I saw her at a local music festival after the show. She's super talented and pulled off her set in pouring rain. Really wish she got famous since she's sooo good and I'm no country fan at all. I've interacted with her on social media a few times too. 

Michelle Chamuel- Seen/met 1X- My orthodontist who I had just "graduated "from's wife turned out to be her cousin and they were at the show with their kids,lol. I had the paid meet & greet with her and only 6 people got it. We spent about an hour with her playing Jenga and talking to her and her crew. She learned everybody's name and everything. Wish she'd do more then just putting out some music every year or so. Hopefully that will change post-covid. She's so original and talented as hell., Still sad she didn't win. 

Matt McAndrew- Seen/met 2X- He's also from my neck of the woods so I also went to his first post-show concert. It was snowing and he still kept his social media promise on meeting every person . Think he gave a 2 hour set. He was incredible and so breath taking.  Also met his then girlfriend and cousin and they were super nice too.  I met his sister the second time I saw him and she was super nice too. Happy for the success he's having with his new band as Repubcrap did him dirty too. 

Luke Wade-Seen/met 1X- I saw/met him when he was with Matt. Super friendly. After his set, he was just walking around talking to everybody. He was one of those ones whp just had the wrong songs in lives. He was very captivating. Super nice on social media too. 

Dez Duron- I saw him a a conference I went to with school in 2019. He's improved a lot since the show. Seems to do well touring the college circuit. He has the same management as Matthew S(Who also does well in the college circuit). We spent a lot of time talking The Voice and I made sure to go to him first at the exhibit hall, lol. 

Jackie Verna actually went to my college(The Philly area Penn State campus and they had weekly watch parties for her) and went to the same hair salon as me in the Philly suburbs.  Still haven't seen her live. Also have been waiting to see Alisan  for years but she never really did any east coast shows besides a few in her hometown in MA. Seems like she's now more focused on teaching and being a mother). Would also love to see Maelyn and John Holiday someday.(John said he's working on coming to Philly when I asked on IG,lol)  My mom's friend's grandson is friends with Micah Iverson and it would be great to see him too!

Also met Jake Worthington and Jake Barker at The Voice tour but don't remember much 

Luckyyy

• 2 years later...

random story: One of the worst days of my life is the day that I saw my favorite contestant ever Koryn Hawthorne posted she was having a FREE show at a park like 10 minutes away from where I live. The only probably was I saw the story like 2 hours after the show ended. My mood was ruined for the rest of the day

• Sad 6

Yep a bunch,  I met all these people. 

Danielle Bradbery, Cassadee Pope, Caroline Glaser, Emily Ann Roberts, Chloe Kohanski, Gracee Shriver, Allegra Miles, Presley Tennant, Morgan Myles, Madeline Consoer, Taryn Papa, Hannah Ellis. I think I got everyone and didn't forget anyone.

I watched Morgan Frazier sing at a bar and tipped her to sing some songs but I wasn't able to meet her as I had to leave before she was done. 

I saw Lauren Duski live but she didn't do any meet and greets so I didn't meet her.

I saw Abby Cates in concert to but I didn't get to meet her.

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Like 2

I'm a teenager, and I was a fan of Ellen DeGeneres. My parents got me and themselves tickets to a taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show for Christmas 2021. I live on the east coast of the US. So we went to LA for a week-long vacation. The taping was fantastic. It was a dream come true. It was January of 2022. They did two episodes in one day. The guests were Jessica Chastain, Christina Ricci. The musical guests were GNT.

(I was in the audience for this video). They did an encore after the taping! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yep a bunch,  I met all these people. 

Danielle Bradbery, Cassadee Pope, Caroline Glaser, Emily Ann Roberts, Chloe Kohanski, Gracee Shriver, Allegra Miles, Presley Tennant, Morgan Myles, Madeline Consoer, Taryn Papa, Hannah Ellis. I think I got everyone and didn't forget anyone.

I watched Morgan Frazier sing at a bar and tipped her to sing some songs but I wasn't able to meet her as I had to leave before she was done. 

I saw Lauren Duski live but she didn't do any meet and greets so I didn't meet her.

I saw Abby Cates in concert to but I didn't get to meet her.

The way I had to edit this like 4 times because I kept forgetting people. :dead:

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a junior in high school, looking for colleges. Next week I'm going to visit University Of Maryland. I am planning on going to school for music (singing). So I will have a sample voice lesson with John Holiday! Very exciting! I'll tell you how it goes!

Edited by Ethan F-R
  • Like 3