Jump to content

Poll: S16 vs S19 Country Guys


Poll: S16 vs S19 Country Guys  

39 members have voted

  1. 1. Strongest Group Overall:

    • S16- Gyth Rigdon, Dexter Roberts, Andrew Sevener, Andrew Jannakos.
      15
    • S19-Jim Ranger, Ian Flanigan, Ben Allen, Tanner Gomes.
      24


Recommended Posts

Vote. If you don´t like either group, don´t comment "None" ok? Just don´t comment if you don´t like these artists. 

 

Didn´t include Carter Lloyd Horne or Rod Stokes because they took a different direction on the show. Carter had 1 one country performance (his audition). Rod had 2 (his battle and T8). Other than that, these two weren´t country on the show, despite many labelling as if they were.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 19 only had Tanner as a weak point,  and though the country guys in Season 16 weren’t generally bad (except for the Mega-Pandering Incident of the semifinals), I didn’t enjoy them as much comparatively.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that each season had that many country males who were factors. How many country females on those seasons? If you’re wondering why people answer “none” to these questions, we can start there. 

 

Anyway, since you’re forcing us to choose one to earn the privilege of commenting, I’ll go with S19. 
 

 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

26 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The fact that each season had that many country males who were factors. How many country females on those seasons? If you’re wondering why people answer “none” to these questions, we can start there. 

 

Anyway, since you’re forcing us to choose one to earn the privilege of commenting, I’ll go with S19. 
 

While I agree that country females are missing in a big way on this show, especially on recent seasons in comparison to the males, (we all know why),  bashing  the country guys or answering "none" is not gonna solve the issue, but to each their own I guess. I´m just comparing two groups without any outside aspects to it.

 

Edited by Misirlou
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna rank all of them:

1. Andrew Sevener

2. Ben Allen

3. Gyth Rigdon

4. Jim Ranger

5. Ian Flannigan

6. Dexter Roberts

7. Andrew Jannakos

8. Tanner Gomes

 

it’s pretty split for me (also waiting for the confused reactions for having gyth above him)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't care less about these artists, but if looking at overall work from each group.

 

Gyth and both Andrews didn't have any memorable or strong performances. Dexter held the country group up with his "Here Without You" Not bad from him, I actually enjoyed it.

 

Jim at least had a stronger voice and his Finale solo was pretty good, Ian had a good Playoffs, Ben also had a great Playoffs, and Tanner is really the only one who didn't have a moment of them all.

 

Default vote goes to S19.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

I’m gonna rank all of them:

1. Andrew Sevener

2. Ben Allen

3. Gyth Rigdon

4. Jim Ranger

5. Ian Flannigan

6. Dexter Roberts

7. Andrew Jannakos

8. Tanner Gomes

 

it’s pretty split for me (also waiting for the confused reactions for having gyth above him)

I’d move Gyth down closer to the rest of the  S16 guys but above Tanner (between Dexter and Andrew J., probably) but otherwise I agree with the general vibe of the list. 

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

S19 by far for me, although I'm not too familiar with everyone from S16.

The following are performances I enjoyed from the S19 people:

Jim Ranger - audition, knockout, T9, and some of his finale performances

 Ian Flanigan - audition, knockout, T17, T9 (unpop), don't remember his finale performances

Ben Allen - audition, knockout, T17 (i think it was this one)

Tanner Gomes - audition (that's it lmao)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jim, Ian and Ben, all had pretty solid runs on the show , despite having some meh performances. I can't say the same about Gyth and Dexter, sorry. Andrew Sevener's run was solid, but he never had a breakout moment during the competition. 

 

Let's not talk about the other two.

Edited by Gustavo527
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian >>>>> Jim > Ben >>>>>>> Tanner

Andrew S. >>>>> Dexter > Andrew J. >>>>>> Gyth

Ian >>>>> Jim > Andrew S. >>>>> Ben >>>>> Dexter > Andrew J. >>>>>> Gyth >>>>>>>>>>>> Tanner

 

Yeah so S19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Ian Flanigan. That’s it.

 

I might’ve voted S16 if Rod was included.

Rod was excellent, I'm not sure how good his live performances were, but he is the most interesting of the bunch, to me. Sucks that he was the one that didn't make it through.

Link to post
Share on other sites

👍

Andrew S.

Jim

 

👈👉

Ian

Ben

Dexter

Andrew J

 

👎

Gyth

Tanner

 

I am forever grateful that TPTB bet of the lame horse (Gyth) instead of the Quarter Horse (Andrew).  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember more of the season nineteen guys' performances than the season sixteen ones' performances, so . . . yeah.  Clear answer for me.

 

Picked season nineteen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 11:15 PM, Misirlou said:

 

While I agree that country females are missing in a big way on this show, especially on recent seasons in comparison to the males, (we all know why),  bashing  the country guys or answering "none" is not gonna solve the issue, but to each their own I guess. I´m just comparing two groups without any outside aspects to it.

 

 

And despite the lack, two country females managed to win this show (Danielle and Chevel, not considering Cassadee who countrified herself afterwards) versus three country males (Craig, Sundance and Jake)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...