• Beane
    • Chayce Beckham
    • Alyssa Wray
    • Willie Spence
    • Grace Kinstler
    • Hunter Metts
    • One of the s18 returnees...

On 4/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, kenboy123 said:

My early pick is Casey, she's young and can appeal to people her age, but since she's rock, she can appeal to a older voters who like that style and looking to bring it back to the mainstream...Chayce does seem like the typical American Idol winner, but it's a competitive season and the last few winners have varied in types...

I don't think Willie or Grace will win though, there is something quite dry about their personalities, especially Willie, at least that's IMO...but who knows??

If Maddie Poppe can win, maybe Ava August can possibly win...

I like your optimism! Casey's definitely my pick for who I want to win, and perhaps the voters will key on the fact that she's actual undiscovered talent instead of a struggling artist looking for a big break or a TikTok star looking to go mainstream and therefore embodies what this competition allegedly was supposed to be about (even though it never really was). I agree that Willie and Grace, despite being the apparent early favorites by social media following, aren't likely to win, though I'm a bit of a cynic so my reasoning is...not exactly the same as yours.

But "winning" the show means nothing these days.  Gabby is way more successful than Maddie.  Alejandro has more name recognition than Laine, who after 2 years has yet to put out an album.   Just Sam got dropped within a few months after winning.

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

But "winning" the show means nothing these days.  Gabby is way more successful than Maddie.  Alejandro has more name recognition than Laine, who after 2 years has yet to put out an album.   Just Sam got dropped within a few months after winning.

On a completely different note, why do they keep on using Alejandro as the "pillar of greatness" in terms of ABC American Idol, that still confuses me...before it was understandable...now it just doesn't make much sense to me....I mean, at least say Gabby Barrett...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

On a completely different note, why do they keep on using Alejandro as the "pillar of greatness" in terms of ABC American Idol, that still confuses me...before it was understandable...now it just doesn't make much sense to me....I mean, at least say Gabby Barrett...

Because he created buzz outside Idol.  His performance at Lollapalooza was single out by the Grammy folks.  His tours have been sold out.  He was set to do a European tour before the pandemic.  And touring is where the real money is.

I'm betting on Chayce. He's more of the type of contestants that wins Idol, if we're looking at it from all the seasons. 

Casey will be the shock boot.

I want her to win but considering what's happened to the winners during the past decade, I rather her just gain as much exposure from the show.

She has the talent, and at young age, to go far beyond Idol. The same with Ava and Caleb, maybe Hunter too if he play it right after the show.

20 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

Yeah, the Alejandro fans on this board will not be convincing me lol...his youtube views are abysmal, his spotify streams are low, he has had no charting singles and his album failed to even enter the billboard top 200. I'm still trying to figure out where all his supposed success actually is. Yeah, he sold out venues that maxed out at 1K-2K, but that's not that impressive in the grand scheme of things given all the fans he seemed to obtain from his time on a platform like American Idol. I'm sure he's not struggling to put food on the table, but he is definitely not a mainstream success or at the level where he should be name dropped as much as he is on idol. 

Now Gabby has had major mainstream success and was on major platforms and stages for almost all of last year. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Yeah, the Alejandro fans on this board will not be convincing me lol...his youtube views are abysmal, his spotify streams are low, he has had no charting singles and his album failed to even enter the billboard top 200. I'm still trying to figure out where all his supposed success actually is. Yeah, he sold out venues that maxed out at 1K-2K, but that's not that impressive in the grand scheme of things given all the fans he seemed to obtain from his time on a platform like American Idol. I'm sure he's not struggling to put food on the table, but he is definitely not a mainstream success or at the level where he should be name dropped as much as he is on idol. 

Now Gabby has had major mainstream success and was on major platforms and stages for almost all of last year. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Yeah I think this is Willie's to loose. I just don't see it for Casey. I hope I'm wrong (don't really care either way cause winners get screwed). I just hope she makes the finale so I can get as many performances as possible lol. I see it as either Willie or *whispers* Arthur with an outside chance of Casey if she continues to build momentum. 

Edited by joe14

4 hours ago, joe14 said:

Yeah I think this is Willie's to loose. I just don't see it for Casey. I hope I'm wrong (don't really care either way cause winners get screwed). I just hope she makes the finale so I can get as many performances as possible lol. I see it as either Willie or *whispers* Arthur with an outside chance of Casey if she continues to build momentum. 

I wouldn’t mind if Willie won.  In fact, he’s probably the one guy that I want to see win this season.

• Like 1

I feel like everybody is overestimating Arthur tbh. I think he could get to the Finale AT MOST, but I dont see him winning. The Season 19 contestants have already started forming strong fan bases and are still fresh in peoples minds compared to Arthur. People who voted for Arthur last season could also already have new favorites on the Season 19 cast who they like more. Again, he probably has the votes to get pretty far if he does win the comeback , but not the votes win. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I feel like everybody is overestimating Arthur tbh. I think he could get to the Finale AT MOST, but I dont see him winning. The Season 19 contestants have already started forming strong fan bases and are still fresh in peoples minds compared to Arthur. People who voted for Arthur last season could also already have new favorites on the Season 19 cast who they like more. Again, he probably has the votes to get pretty far if he does win the comeback , but not the votes win. 

Also, there are people who didn't tune in to Idol until now. I am meeting new Idol friends on my instagram, and many didn't watch last season. They don't know who is who from Season 18. lol. 

Edited by jazzontherocks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bill B said:

Alyssa Wray will win it all!! Best voice and stage performance.  The runner up will be Casey Bishop, it's about time we got a rocker again

Switch that reverse it... lol

Reaction GIF

Not commenting on the random Alejandro stuff because I get it. He's still had success just not Kelly Clarkson type success. He's got a good solid career so far with the music he has put out. At least HW let's him be him.

Laine? SHELVED. There's no way in hell he is getting an album out before this year ends. Even if he does? It won't be worth the wait. IMO

Which is sad because he certainly deserved a album release and all the hub bub around one. He's a great performer but I'm not sure he knows who he is... Elvis rocker or country typical Hollywood Records put out. 🤷‍♀️

And on a random note. If Casey doesn't win? I don't care who does. We rock fans have waited EONS for a rock girl to win. That is all. ❤️ 

39 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

And on a random note. If Casey doesn't win? I don't care who does. We rock fans have waited EONS for a rock girl to win. That is all. ❤️ 

To be honest, I think she’d be better off without the contract. I feel like it would cause her to stray away from who she is as an artist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MargoK said:

TBH Arthur Gunn will win. This makes me sick on many levels.

I want Grace, Willie, Casey, Deshawn, Cassandra or Hunter to win in that order. I have a lot of favorites this season! Yay!!!

I like Arthur, but I don't think he's going to win. Top 5 forsure tho. 

• Like 1

It’s honestly hard to say because we don’t know which American Idol Season 18 returnee made the Top 10. The first three seasons of FOX’s American Idol and first three seasons of ABC’s have the same pattern so far of a female winner, male winner, and female winner. If the pattern continues, that would mean another female would win. For me, I think the winner is going to be Casey Bishop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

It’s honestly hard to say because we don’t know which American Idol Season 18 returnee made the Top 10. The first three seasons of FOX’s American Idol and first three seasons of ABC’s have the same pattern so far of a female winner, male winner, and female winner. If the pattern continues, that would mean another female would win. For me, I think the winner is going to be Casey Bishop.

If the pattern continues it actually would mean a male will be next in line to win.   Both Maddie and Just Sam have already been dropped by Hollywood Records, while Alejandro and Laine remains.  Although, Laine could be the next to be purged.