The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

21 minutes ago, jbusic said:

Wendy's final performance is easily the most popular final performance in likes and youtube views. The question is... how much impact will the performance alone have on the final vote? 

Not sure what you’re looking at, but I’m not seeing that on YouTube, at all.  In fact, Hailey’s finale performances have the most YouTube views among the finalists.

2 minutes ago, LydiaM said:

Not sure what you’re looking at, but I’m not seeing that on YouTube, at all.  In fact, Hailey’s finale performances have the most YouTube views among the finalists.

My bad, I discounted Hailey. To be honest though I don't see her winning. It's GNT vs Wendy. 

8 minutes ago, jbusic said:

My bad, I discounted Hailey. To be honest though I don't see her winning. It's GNT vs Wendy. 

Even so, if you combine both finale performances, GNT has way more views than Wendy, and if you only base it onthe 2nd performance, Wendy only leads GNT by 3,000 views (47k to 44k].  On the other hand GNT’s first performance beats Wendy’s first (74k to 54k).  Overall GNT has more views.

Edited by LydiaM
X

5 minutes ago, LydiaM said:

Even so, if you combine both finale performances, GNT has way more views than Wendy, and if you only base it open the 2nd performance, Wendy only leads GNT by 3,000 views (47k to 44k].  On the other hand GNT a first performance beats Wendy’s first (74k to 54k).  Overall GNT has more views.

Views will change over the next 12 hours. I predict OTR will garner lots more views than what it is on now. Besides, there's far more likes on the video tha GNT's second performance which makes me think most of the GNT views are just people hitting play over and over again. Doesn't make sense to have 1k+ more likes on a video but only 3k more views. 

Besides not sure why you felt the need to point out the overall views when my post related to the views on Wendy's second performance. People usually remember the later performances in the show more than the earlier ones (at least from my experience of watching Idol, X factor etc). 

Edited by jbusic

7 minutes ago, jbusic said:

Views will change over the next 12 hours. I predict OTR will garner lots more views than what it is on now. Besides, there's far more likes on the video tha GNT's second performance which makes me think most of the GNT views are just people hitting play over and over again. Doesn't make sense to have 1k+ more likes on a video but only 3k more views. 

Besides not sure why you felt the need to point out the overall views when my post related to the views on Wendy's second performance. People usually remember the later performances in the show more than the earlier ones (at least from my experience of watching Idol, X factor etc). 

I brought it up because I think it’s relevant.  I disagree with your assertion that the last performance will carry more weight and be more predictive that the winner, especially when the difference between the two is not that significant.  Most voters for this show have their minds made up well before the finale performances anyhow.

You know things are tense when we’re arguing over a few thousand Youtube views. :haha:

I think GNT definitely has this in the bag, but any of them would be a deserving winner. I’d probably give it to Wendy over them (if it’s only between those two), even though I’m disappointed in her song choices. GNT doesn’t need it, and shouldn’t want it. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yes. Remember The Four? She needs a voting audience like that one. 

lol oh no she would not have gotten votes. The Four had the audience that were mainly drawn to rnb/soul singers and powerhouses. They would’ve made a mockery of Hailey.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

My question is whether that is what she’s going to do, because that’s how America sees her now. If that’s her ambition, fine. She can probably get some gigs doing that on cruise ships, etc. 

I don’t really think she has some big solo career ambition 🤷‍♀️

Here are some thoughts on last night: 

- Wendy is a Queen and deserves to win. Hopefully, after tonight, she can have time to take care of her health and focus on her recovery. I'm sure she will approach well the exposure this show gave to her. She'll keep slaying us for a long time that's for sure. As i said before, the world is fortunate to have rediscovered her 

- Hailey is a star and has a great career ahead of her. This was just the beggining. I'm proud of her no matter what. And i'm glad she didn't tried to pander to the main audience, she did her thing and killed it.  (Before you jump at me, i'm not saying the others tried to pander to the audience, they didn't it, so, calm down)

That's it. I'll leave it there, if i have something positive to say about the other finalists, i'll probably post it on their fan threads. Still, they made it to the finale and they should be proud, anyways, the opinion of an stranger on internet shouldn't matter that much. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3

As much as I’m rooting for a Wendy win, I really can’t argue that GNT doesn’t deserve it - they’ve been very good all season, and even their weakest vocal (Top 10 week) was really cool from a staging/performance aspect. They’ve definitely raised the bar and then some for future groups who want to be on the show.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

As much as I’m rooting for a Wendy win, I really can’t argue that GNT doesn’t deserve it - they’ve been very good all season, and even their weakest vocal (Top 10 week) was really cool from a staging/performance aspect. They’ve definitely raised the bar and then some for future groups who want to be on the show.

Honestly everyone in the finale has made their case on why they deserve to win imo. I don't think it really matters either if the recording label winners get sucks so it's really just a competition for that 100k. Either way, I would be happy to see any of the finalists take home the trophy even though I have my preferences. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Don’t overthink it. GNT won. 

Good for them. Because winning The Voice is so career-changing. 🤪

Please stop insulting Wendy with your cruise ship comments. She's better than that, and you know it. Whatever her motivations are, good for her for getting out there and singing her heart out. The same goes for all of the contestants.

Sometimes it seems that winning this show is more important to individuals on this board so that they have bragging rights (I picked the winner!) than it is to the actual contestants.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, monkshood said:

Good for them. Because winning The Voice is so career-changing. 🤪

Please stop insulting Wendy with your cruise ship comments. She's better than that, and you know it. Whatever her motivations are, good for her for getting out there and singing her heart out. The same goes for all of the contestants.

Sometimes it seems that winning this show is more important to individuals on this board so that they have bragging rights (I picked the winner!) than it is to the actual contestants.

I actually think Wendy should win, but I’m going to continue to say what I think, and encourage you to do the same. :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

GNT is gonna win, so what I hope is that everything regarding their "surprise" goes smoothly, and that Kelly helps them get out of RR as soon as possible.

I think they are just doing a Christmas show. Last night on their Live they were hinting at it.