The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Is there any chance we still get studios for the duets, or can we just assume they skipped that this year?

We could probably get them later. I don´t remember at what time it was, but we got S20´s duets on the same day as the results night.

iTunes update:

GNT - The Chain #1 

GNT - River #3 

GNT - DITW #9 

GNT - BNTIFY #10 

Wendy - OTR #13 

Paris - Me & Mrs. Jones #27 

Hailey - idontwannabeyouanymore #37 

GNT - MHTM #43

GNT - VLV #57 

Wendy - How Will I Know #59

Wendy - YAINTGB #82

Jershika - RITD #130

Paris - Ain’t Nobody #137

Wendy - Jolene #141 

Hailey - deja vu #158 

ALSO:

GNT - Wichita Lineman #51 

GNT - Helplessly Hoping #181 

GNT - Hits From The Road (Album) #17

Edited by landon1988

11 minutes ago, Voice said:

I say for the pics, Bekah will hold the trophy & the boys will put a hand on it from the sides.

Are you certain they'll win? This week, their ballad let them down, and Wendy's stats are incredible. I'm not going to declare GNT the winner until Carson does.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arsh said:

Are you certain they'll win? This week, their ballad let them down, and Wendy's stats are incredible. I'm not going to declare GNT the winner until Carson does.

Wendy is only ahead of their ballad not their upbeat. Overall this season they have remained on the Top. Nothing has changed. People that voted for GNT all season most likely still voted for them last night.

• Like 1

I wish I would be so sure as some of y'all that GNT is a lock to win. But honestly, Wendy's stats seem to be too close... 

I feel like it's unfair to declare the winner solely by the finale performance instead of the entire run. In this sense, I think the itunes mutipliers (or any other stream) is fairplay. 

In terms of popularity and resonace with the audience across the season, GNT deserves to win. Even though Wendy is an stellar singer, her appeal has been lackluster compared to other competitors on many plataforms. 

I wouldn't feel pleased with a format that allows one big number on the finale to snatch a stellar run. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I wish I would be so sure as some of y'all that GNT is a lock to win. But honestly, Wendy's stats seem to be too close... 

I feel like it's unfair to declare the winner solely by the finale performance instead of the entire run. In this sense, I think the itunes mutipliers (or any other stream) is fairplay. 

In terms of popularity and resonace with the audience across the season, GNT deserves to win. Even though Wendy is an stellar singer, her appeal has been lackluster compared to other competitors on many plataforms. 

I wouldn't feel pleased with a format that allows one big number on the finale to snatch a stellar run. 

If finale performances were the only thing that mattered, Josh K, Chloe and Carter most likely wouldn’t have won their seasons

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Then maybe she shouldn’t have specifically said that she wanted a solo career again.

I think she’d like to pick up some solo gigs, I don’t think she’s looking to start playing stadiums. It’s also still the pandemic, so it’s something to do

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I thought BNTIFY would be GNT´s sniper, but it ended up being The Chain. Not only on studios, but on FB stats too.

Thanks to all the Stans on GNT's fan thread for suggesting The Chain on a regular basis.

17 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I feel like it's unfair to declare the winner solely by the finale performance instead of the entire run. In this sense, I think the itunes mutipliers (or any other stream) is fairplay

Didn't they stop doing this?

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

I think she’d like to pick up some solo gigs, I don’t think she’s looking to start playing stadiums. It’s also still the pandemic, so it’s something to do

Either she wants to be a solo artist or not. The size of the desired venues seems irrelevant, especially based on the Voice track record.

Considering that some of the most lucrative career gigs post-Voice have been as BGVs, the fact that she said that’s not what she wants (and why would she, she’s already there), should mean something.

The thing is Wendy gave one of the best performances in the finale , tho that was her only WOW live performance in my opinion .Her live run has honestly been underwhelming except for her finale , and somewhat her semis but not to the extent of her finale performance. If it was based on the whole run then I would not give Wendy the trophy  , Paris and Hailey they have been the most consistent and have delivered WOW performances (if that makes sense) more than once in the lives IMO and barely had any pitch issues throughout their run. Hailey had a better overall live run IMO than Wendy and that is something I never thought I would say or even think  pre-season nor pre-lives. Hailey Mia literally handled her pitch in the live PO better than Wendy and that alone speaks VOLUMES

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Mohammad said:

The thing is Wendy gave one of the best performances in the finale , tho that was her only WOW live performance in my opinion .Her live run has honestly been underwhelming except for her finale , and somewhat her semis but not to the extent of her finale performance. If it was based on the whole run then I would not give Wendy the trophy  , Paris and Hailey they have been the most consistent and has delivered WOW performances (if that makes sense) more than once in the lives IMO and barely had any pitch issues throughout their run. Hailey had a better overall live run IMO than Wendy and that is something I never thought I would say or even think  pre-season nor pre-lives. Hailey Mia literally handled her pitch in the live PO better than Wendy and that alone speaks VOLUMES

The bottom line is that people will vote for their fave. Nobody has to justify their votes. A vote cast because you think the singer is cute counts exactly the same as a vote cast because you analyzed the range and pitch of every performance to determine some objective “best singer”.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

The thing is Wendy gave one of the best performances in the finale , tho that was her only WOW live performance in my opinion .Her live run has honestly been underwhelming except for her finale , and somewhat her semis but not to the extent of her finale performance. If it was based on the whole run then I would not give Wendy the trophy  , Paris and Hailey they have been the most consistent and have delivered WOW performances (if that makes sense) more than once in the lives IMO and barely had any pitch issues throughout their run. Hailey had a better overall live run IMO than Wendy and that is something I never thought I would say or even think  pre-season nor pre-lives. Hailey Mia literally handled her pitch in the live PO better than Wendy and that alone speaks VOLUMES

You could have said “Wendy doesn’t deserve the win, unlike Hailey or Paris” and leave it at that. No need to twist yourself into a pretzel :haha:

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The bottom line is that people will vote for their fave. Nobody has to justify their votes. A vote cast because you think the singer is cute counts exactly the same as a vote cast because you analyzed the range and pitch of every performance to determine some objective “best singer”.

IDK if you are saying that Hailey is in the finale because she is young and cute but if you are then that is shallow .Hailey Mia deserved her spot in the finale , proven by the fact that she gave a better pitch performance than a 57 year old heavily experienced singer in the PO , Wendy was literally flat in her PO performance and anyone that can hear would know that , let that sink in. Wendy has been good but underwhelming except for her finale .  Is Wendy the best vocalist this season? NO , she is one of the best vocalists not only on this show but out their as well. THO she has been overshadowed by multiple contestants IMO this season in the lives .

Edited by Mohammad
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

IDK if you are saying that Hailey is in the finale because she is young and cute but if you are then that is shallow .Hailey Mia deserved her spot in the finale , proven by the fact that she gave a better pitch performance than a 57 year old heavily experienced singer in the PO , Wendy was literally flat in her PO performance and that can hear would know that , let that sink in. Wendy has been good but underwhelming except for her finale .  Is Wendy the best vocalist this season? NO , she is one of the best vocalists not only on this show but out their as well. THO she has been overshadowed by multiple contestants IMO this season in the lives .

i’m not talking about any of these 5 finalists. Take it down a notch please. I’m talking generally about any competition that involves public voting. I’m saying that the public is fickle and weird and people latch on to contestants for all sorts of odd reasons.

The best singer, whatever that means, sometimes wins, but often doesn’t.

Trying to figure out who objectively deserves to win is useless. Whoever can attract the most votes deserves to win because it’s a game.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 3

Gonna be honest: if the voting  audience for this show were younger, there's a big chance Hailey would take it. And I don't meant that because she's young, etc., but because her numbers have been solid in plataforms that are much more relevant nowadays. Apparently, just not relevant enough for The Voice. 

Edited by SNI2