The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 minutes ago, Weirdoo said:

I really, really, really dislike what Wendy did to OTR. It sounds like a lounge song, and I feel nothing from that when she’s adding 736485 high notes and belts to it. An AA female winner has been long due, but Wendy is definitely not the person to represent the robbed queens if Shika can’t be.

I'm worried that many viewers will have this opinion unless the introduction makes it clear that Wendy is doing Patti LaBelle's version. Regardless, I honestly feel for Wendy because she's received so much criticism throughout this season. If she sings subtly, people call the performance boring or say she isn't trying. If she goes big, people complain that she isn't connected to the lyrics or that she's screaming. It's bound to be disheartening. 

• Like 6

Just now, RTV said:

I'm worried that many viewers will have this opinion unless the introduction makes it clear that Wendy is doing Patti LaBelle's version. Regardless, I honestly feel for Wendy because she's received so much criticism throughout this season. If she sings subtly, people call the performance boring or say she isn't trying. If she goes big, people complain that she isn't connected to the lyrics or that she's screaming. It's bound to be disheartening. 

It’s never enough for anyone!! I just don’t get it

• Like 9

Just now, Boston026 said:

She’s going to do great, GNT will still win, don’t you worry 😁

GNT has the highest chance definitely but we have to wait for them to sing live , I ain’t biased , maybe a little bit I still will be honest and admit when my favorite or one of my faves has a vocal issue .

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Pretty much. I'm sure she'll acknowledge she's doing Patti's version on her intro package tonight.

Meant to mention that in my original post too, but I believe they’ll bring it up in the pre-package as well. I understand that people see it as a minivan friendly song that she’s “changing,” but that’s just not the case since she’s not singing the original version anyway 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RTV said:

Then the right thing is to find a middle ground , a performance where she doesn’t go ballistic vocally but she doesn’t hold back that much similar to her semis IMO.

Edited by Mohammad

Lol the way you can't even comment about the studios without a swarm of people coming from hell to attack. I know she's doing the Patti version, and no I didn't have any expectations for her, she might have one of the most tragic songchoices run of the history of the show so I didn't expect anything better here, but her gimmick of taking people's versions of old ass songs and/or going full ballistic because she's unable of emoting is very tiring. I'm not desperate to attack her because I want GNT to win, as if they needed that 😂

I wish Wendy the best of luck at the Grand Ole Opry karaoke after the show though

• Confused 4

9 minutes ago, RTV said:

I'm worried that many viewers will have this opinion unless the introduction makes it clear that Wendy is doing Patti LaBelle's version. 

How would that matter? People will either like it or not. Whether the cover arrangement is hers or a cover of a cover, it comes down to whether it’s pleasing to the ear of the listener. 

I think GNT might go instrument-less for The Chain. They typically handle instrumentation by themselves, which I assume will be the case for their ballad, with Caleb on guitar.

For The Chain though, there's no Lindsey Buckingham in the group (or in the band, tbh, even though Justin and company are killer guitarrists on their own right), so my hope is that they match the chaotic energy of the track.

15 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Then the right thing is to find a middle ground , a performance where she doesn’t go ballistic vocally but she doesn’t hold back that much similar to her semis IMO.

I think she's been trying to find that "middle ground" between what is enough yet not too much embellishment. It's tricky—especially when there are likely conflicting viewpoints from TPTB, vocal coaches, band, Blake, fans, audience, and her own head.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 8

This thread is in a perpetual need of some chill :haha:

Anyway, not shockingly, GNT’s two songs are charting in their respective genres.

The chain is 39 in rock (Cutoff is 6 for overall t200)

Baby Now That I’ve Found You is 147 in pop (pop? :wacko: But cutoff is 39)

River is back top 200 overall. These are certainly small #s but they’ve def got a dedicated group

Wendy is the only other one with a song on any chart right now.

I wonder whether the Chain or BNTIFY reaches higher 

34 minutes ago, Boston026 said:

Here comes the hate for Wendy like always 😂 no matter what she does if it’s soft or high belts, it’s never enough for the poor women. I love her song choices but I really see all the GNT fans making sure we know that Wendy isn’t winning 🤣🤣

but let me say something out of the way about their previous GNT😫😫

alright I’m out 😂

8 minutes ago, Thoughts and Sounds said:

This thread is in a perpetual need of some chill :haha:

Anyway, not shockingly, GNT’s two songs are charting in their respective genres.

The chain is 39 in rock (Cutoff is 6 for overall t200)

Baby Now That I’ve Found You is 147 in pop (pop? :wacko: But cutoff is 39)

River is back top 200 overall. These are certainly small #s but they’ve def got a dedicated group

Wendy is the only other one with a song on any chart right now.

I wonder whether the Chain or BNTIFY reaches higher 

exactly getting their bag secured

Last week it was the Lana vs Wendy fanbase wars, now we're back to GNT vs Wendy. And when Hailey started getting momentum it was her fans vs GNT fans. And around Top 13 it was Jershika vs Wendy fanbase wars.

Y'all need to chill lol.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Last week it was the Lana vs Wendy fanbase wars, now we're back to GNT vs Wendy. And when Hailey started getting momentum it was her fans vs GNT fans. And around Top 13 it was Jershika vs Wendy fanbase wars.

Y'all need to chill lol.

Bless your heart for assuming IDF is even capable of chill 😂😂

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Y'all need to chill lol.

It’ll get even worse tomorrow night 😬

• Sad 1