American Idol General Discussion

istersay

10 minutes ago, BamBam said:

Is there anything else going on tonight??

2 hours for 6 performances and some results seems excessive.

I assume they're using the same format for S16 and S17's Top 14 round, so all 16 perform again, most likely. The 10 that have already advanced will just have it dubbed their "victory performance" while the 6 competing for the wildcard slot will just have it dubbed their "second chance performance."

We say it all the time, this show isn't exactly creating stars anymore anyways. But if the show is trying not to have another complete dud of a winner. They need to rig the votes fast and stop the ineveitable win.

Like what music is he gonna make? Just gonna steal Adele and Rhianna's music and do it in his Willie way of just over singing the entire song and having virtually no build up??

Has he even song a song by a male artist??? 

I agree. Willie is not an artist that will have any mainstream career because he is too old school and wont make music that suits the radio or TikTok trends. They need someone marketable who can be promoted easily to a young audience. 

1 hour ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNl_R7cBI5_/?igshid=1oy0ei6m49ut7

Cassandra went on Instagram Live last night and said shes thought about giving up/quitting and that her nerves are worse than ever.

Yeah, just posted about in her fan thread. It’s important that we show her how much we love and appreciate her. She has a loyal fan base that is always their to vote and root for her. 🥰

• Like 5

Something I found interesting is the pattern I have noticed of the genders between the winners of the FOX version and ABC version of American Idol. ABC/Ryan Seacrest is deciding to refer to Season 19 as Season 4. The first three seasons of FOX it was girl, boy, and girl. It was also the same thing for the first three seasons of ABC American Idol reboot (girl, boy, girl). If the pattern keeps going, I anticipate that a girl will win this season. Of the remaining girls, I really like Grace Kinstler and Casey Bishop.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2021 at 11:01 PM, m1key said:

I agree. Willie is not an artist that will have any mainstream career because he is too old school and wont make music that suits the radio or TikTok trends. They need someone marketable who can be promoted easily to a young audience. 

Have you listened to any of his originals? R & B will fit in with today’s music although I like his old school sound better.

1 hour ago, redwood79 said:

Wonder if we'll get spoilers now that voting is up. I might have to peek at their socials and see if anybody is suspiciously in Florida or a hotel.

They have been back from Florida for about 3 days now