American Idol General Discussion

istersay

Just now, *Chris said:

Sure, go ahead because I am not even a Scotty fan. 

Scotty, no top 20 hot 100 hits besides his idol single

Gabby, 2 top 20 hot 100 hits and didn’t even win her season 

I can continue if you’d like 

Just now, GabbyFan said:

Scotty, no top 20 hot 100 hits besides his idol single

Gabby, 2 top 20 hot 100 hits and didn’t even win her season 

I can continue if you’d like 

Have a good night, Papa Barrett ! 

• Like 1

• istersay changed the title to American Idol Season General Discussion
1 minute ago, GabbyFan said:

I hope is certified 6x platinum, more than all of Scottys singles combined 😄

He has four platinum singles, a single that’s 2x platinum. Pretty sure that’s 6x right there, not including his singles that have also been certified gold.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Per the NPR article on the Top 15 Idols... Kris and Haley made the list!!

"You know the feeling you have when you go into a coffee shop, and it's familiar, and you know you're not going to get anything particularly exciting, but you're probably going to get what you want and it will probably be solid and you'll feel a little bit better and then you'll leave and in 15 minutes you'll forget the name of the coffee place even though you'll feel willing to recommend it to somebody who asks if there's a coffee place nearby? Kris Allen is that feeling, but a person."

"Here's an interesting statistic: Haley, who comes from Season 10, is the most recent contestant to make our top 15. And once you've heard her slightly gravelly voice, you don't have to know that she actually sang "Rolling in the Deep" to guess that she was hot on Idol around the same time Adele was gaining prominence and becoming a star. Her bluesy rasp didn't quite get her to the top, but she continues to appear on lists of people's favorite Idol performers and performances."

Some newspaper articles I saved from past FOX season of AI! Seasons 7, 8, and 10 got their own folders and then I have one for ALL things AI. lol

Just thought you all would get a kick out of my folders! :wub:

• Like 3

This is the best pre-AI album in existence. IMO Extremely underappreciated by AI fans and music listeners. I've blasted this album almost every summer since 2008. lol

Edited by KelseyW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anybody354 said:

I agree. Idol would be taken seriously by music critics if they focused on the MUSIC BASED TALENT and not the no talent whack job auditions. 

I hated that joke part of Idol... But sob stories are just as bad. IMO Stop it. Personal happy stories like Noah's are one thing.

I have a sick wheelchair bound gf and I'm auditioning just for her! Are the reasons I hated FOX Idol in the later seasons... :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

I agree. Idol would be taken seriously by music critics if they focused on the MUSIC BASED TALENT and not the no talent whack job auditions. 

I hated that joke part of Idol... But sob stories are just as bad. IMO Stop it. Personal happy stories like Noah's are one thing.

I have a sick wheelchair bound gf and I'm auditioning just for her! Are the reasons I hated FOX Idol in the later seasons... :thumbsdown:

While I’m fine with stories being shown (and I actually like it that way), yeah, they definitely shouldn’t play a big role in who wins.

• Like 1