American Idol General Discussion

istersay

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Why are Will and Abi on the way to New York? Is this typical?

I think the top 2 usually go on GMA and other things. I would love to see Abi go on TKCS!

Edited by Voice
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

maddie (season 16 winner) just posted a few stories congratulating abi on her win. she’s super stoked she won. queenies. 

dead at how it turned into a feminist rant (but as she should):dead:  

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Why are Will and Abi on the way to New York? Is this typical?

When Ryan Seacrest was still doing morning talk tv with Kelly Ripa, their show always got first dibs on the Idol contestants. I assume the tradition continues even without Ryan.

ETA: Who can forget the whole “Alejandro is afraid to fly” episode?

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Sad 1

I'm glad Fantasia's win 20 years ago was mentioned and they brought her out on stage.

Hope they do the same for Kris Allen if they're still on in 5 more years... :kickawesome:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, m1key said:

I enjoyed her reliving her unhappy Idol wardrobe choices while wearing a fluffy bathrobe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, m1key said:

I remember feeling icky about Maddie and several others from that season believing in Q**on type stuff, but maybe there's another side of her or she's turned over a new leaf. Always loved her music, so I'm happy she seems to be feeling the way of empowerment.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NGL2008 said:

I remember feeling icky about Maddie and several others from that season believing in Q**on type stuff, but maybe there's another side of her or she's turned over a new leaf. Always loved her music, so I'm happy she seems to be feeling the way of empowerment.

Maybe Maddie saw the light after Trump engineered Jan. 6. That could have been the moment she saw how kooky and destructive QAnon is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Voice said:

I saw this video earlier, and noticed neither of them got to perform. I’m not sure it’s even worth the time for them to fly to NYC for a 5 minute interview. Why not have them perform their singles? 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I saw this video earlier, and noticed neither of them got to perform. I’m not sure it’s even worth the time for them to fly to NYC for a 5 minute interview. Why not have them perform their singles? 

they perform them on live with kelly and mark. GMA is just a interview. 

for anybody who can speak on what IdolForums was like during the FOX years: 

which contestants from the FOX era had the most intense followings and stans? who were the biggest "It girls"? 

also, were Candice and Maddie considered It Girls? i was lurking during S16 but don't remember fully if Maddie was the It Girl. i also know Angie had a lot of stans during S12 just from discussions on here, but not sure if it was more than Candice? if so, is Abi the first "it girl" to actually win since Jordin (and was Jordin herself even the "it girl"?) 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, m1key said:

which contestants from the FOX era had the most intense followings and stans? who were the biggest "It girls"? 

also, were Candice and Maddie considered It Girls? i was lurking during S16 but don't remember fully if Maddie was the It Girl. i also know Angie had a lot of stans during S12 just from discussions on here, but not sure if it was more than Candice? if so, is Abi the first "it girl" to actually win since Jordin (and was Jordin herself even the "it girl"?) 

I think the IDF It Girl for Season 16 was Jurnee. Maddie was by far the most capable girl that season though.

26 minutes ago, m1key said:

I’ve been around since Season 6 but I was never really an avid poster here until Season 15. 

From what I can remember, Angie was the it-girl. Kree got a lot of hate for making the finale over her. Candice was well-liked too. As was Amber IIRC. Allison Iraheta was the only popular female of her season. Jessica Sanchez, Pia Toscano, Jena Irene, Maddie Poppe, and Casey Bishop were beloved. 

But I’d have to say the biggest IDF darling was Haley Reinhart. People went crazy for her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, m1key said:

I was a lurker during the FOX years, but I'll take a stab at the questions.

I'd say Haley Reinhart is the biggest "it girl". She had (and maybe still has) a cult-like following. Other major "it girls" that come to mind are Katharine McPhee, Jessica Sanchez, Jena Irene, and JAX. On the flip side, the only "it boy" I can think of is Kris Allen, mostly because there weren't too many female contestants in S8 (although Allison was pretty popular).

I think Jurnee started as the "it girl" in S16, but Maddie eventually overtook her after it became clear Jurnee wasn't going to stick around long. As for Candice, Angie was definitely the S12 "it girl". I can't recall how popular Candice was, but I know she and Kree received a bunch of negative backlash after Angie's elimination.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

i wasn’t here back in the day for s12 but the meltdowns during angie’s elimination must have been insane. with candice and kree both landing on the bottom 2 during the weeks leading up to top 3 and angie being the only one to never land on the bottom all season long and having 2x the amount of followers of everyone else, i thought she was a lock to win. i was so shook. 

i knew candice wasn’t going anywhere after killing the top 3 performances night but i thought kree was done for LOL

Edited by wildestinvegas

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

i wasn’t here back in the day for s12 but the meltdowns during angie’s elimination must have been insane. with candice and kree both landing on the bottom 2 during the weeks leading up to top 3 and angie being the only one to never land on the bottom all season long and having 2x the amount of followers of everyone else, i thought she was a lock to win. i was so shook. 

i knew candice wasn’t going anywhere after killing the top 3 performances night but i thought kree was done for LOL

I remember comments saying that Kree only made it because in her hometown visit package, she and her sister talked about how hard it was on them losing both of their parents. People were pretty awful about it. I liked all of the Top Five that season. VoteForTheWorst however, made this forum look like a walk in the park lol. They were absolutely vile. Making fun of Candice’s weight, Angie’s teeth, the way Kree dressed, etc. Also they were brutal to all the gay guys that season, calling it a Pride Parade. Which, let’s be honest with ourselves, producers purposefully cast males that season who didn’t appeal to minivan viewers. And it really bit them on the ass. Viewership went from 18 million for the premiere to 12 million for the finale, plus most of the producers were fired. We need a Time Machine to go back and stop that season from happening lol. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

I’ve been around since Season 6 but I was never really an avid poster here until Season 15. 

From what I can remember, Angie was the it-girl. Kree got a lot of hate for making the finale over her. Candice was well-liked too. As was Amber IIRC. Allison Iraheta was the only popular female of her season. Jessica Sanchez, Pia Toscano, Jena Irene, Maddie Poppe, and Casey Bishop were beloved. 

But I’d have to say the biggest IDF darling was Haley Reinhart. People went crazy for her. 

and they still do to this day ;)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, m1key said:

S6 - Blake and Chris were the IDF favourites. I don’t remember Jordin being super popular since most of the forum preferred Blake & Melinda to her.

S7 - Brooke and Carly were the it girls, but David Cook was the favourite during the latter half of the season iirc.

S8 - Allison was the It girl (obviously), but Kris/Adam/Allison were collectively the favourites. Adam’s fans were the most vocal, though.

S9 is really when the forum shifted dramatically to preferring the women.

S9 - Siobhan was the IDF It girl by a country mile. The meltdowns when she was eliminated were iconic :wub: For obvious reasons, Crystal was the favourite afterward.

S10 - Pia initially, and then Haley after Pia’s elimination. Lauren was moderately popular, but a clear third. For anyone who didn’t know, the “Team Waffle” mantra became a thing after Thia & Naima’s double elimination.

S11 - All of the girls in the finals (sans Shannon) were popular and had vocal fans. From what I remember, Hollie was probably the one this forum rooted for the most since she was one the show liked the least.

S12 - lol Angie was far and away the IDF favourite. Candice was well liked since most people recognized she was the clear objective winner. Kree was well liked, but not as much as those two. Amber wasn’t really popular (as @Weedy Speedy can confirm, lol), and Janelle was until the live shows started.

S13 - Emily was the initial It girl, but then it became Jena and Jessica. I’d say it was Jena as the bigger favourite, but she was more polarizing than Jessica was

S14 - JAX.

S15 - La’Porsha was popular, but Trent was the IDF favourite.

~~~

S16 - Maddie and Gabby had the stan wars, but Jurnee was the favourite.

S17 - Laci initially, then Madison.

S18 - Julia.

S19 - Casey and Grace were both It girls, but Casey was the less polarizing of the two and typically was ranked above Grace

S20 - Leah

S21 - WĂ©

Edited by Elliott
  • Thanks 1