American Idol General Discussion

istersay

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not into Gabby’s music, but she has 5.3 million monthly Spotify listeners. I can think of a lot of people who would take that in a heartbeat. 

Yeah people are still streaming that first album still at least.

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not into Gabby’s music, but she has 5.3 million monthly Spotify listeners. I can think of a lot of people who would take that in a heartbeat. 

But is that really a lot for someone who is on a major label, who has a song on the radio, a new album.  It's not like she is a new artist.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But is that really a lot for someone who is on a major label, who has a song on the radio, a new album.  It's not like she is a new artist.

Probably not. Honestly, she might be in danger of being dropped by her label. 

19 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

5.3M is a decent number but the trouble is that most of the streams are from the old album. The latest album definitely flopped horribly in sales. Maybe it will pick up steam in the future who knows but it's off to a really rough start.

5 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

Her current single "Glory Days" is #21 on Billboard Country Airplay & #19 on Mediabase. Radio isn't the problem. She's one of the few female country artists who gets ok radio airplay. Her single isn't connecting with people. She didn't do much promo because she's almost due. She's hasn't headlined her own tour ever so I'm not sure how much of a fanbase she has. Also, keep in mind her debut album's first week #'s was mostly due to streaming #'s & because of "I Hope." Her current single isn't streaming well & her new album is a country Christian album not country crossover pop like her debut.

It’s crazy to me that she hasn’t headlined her own tour since “I Hope” broke big. Support slots can only take you so far. Eventually you have to tour on your own name, even if the venues are smaller.

1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

It’s crazy to me that she hasn’t headlined her own tour since “I Hope” broke big. Support slots can only take you so far. Eventually you have to tour on your own name, even if the venues are smaller.

Yeah it's a real missed opportunity for her. There are artists way smaller than her that have their own headlining tours and they will sell out places that can fit a couple thousand people in it or whatever. That's way more valuable than almost anything really. (Assuming you are good at singing and performing live of course). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Honestly, no huge disagreements from me. But there's always that one contestant that I just never see eye to eye with him so waiting for that to happen. 

he seemed pretty cold on ajii which was surprising

• Like 1

Gabby's album didn't chart but she's doing well. Growin' Up Raising You is going viral on Tik Tok and that should have honestly been the lead single. She's beein busy lierally having 3 kids between this era and the last, turning down high profile male duets to not offend her husband  (:dead:). The lead Glory Days is decent, a good reflection of how great her life is, but not relatable enough to the general public. Maybe her label will push it higher on radio, but there are other options on the album. The album overall was pretty good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

Gabby's album didn't chart but she's doing well. Growin' Up Raising You is going viral on Tik Tok and that should have honestly been the lead single. She's beein busy lierally having 3 kids between this era and the last, turning down high profile male duets to not offend her husband  (:dead:). The lead Glory Days is decent, a good reflection of how great her life is, but not relatable enough to the general public. Maybe her label will push it higher on radio, but there are other options on the album. The album overall was pretty good.

This sounds harsh, but the label's not going to care whether she's been busy having kids.  If she doesn't make them money on this album, she's out, regardless of how good the record is.  It's not a free ride.  It cost money for labels to push a song on radio.  The artist has to make that money back.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll be the first to say it. I don’t like it. 

See I thought differently and I enjoyed it especially accompanied by the music video. This type of pop usually isn't my thing but I still liked it.

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

See I thought differently and I enjoyed it especially accompanied by the music video. This type of pop usually isn't my thing but I still liked it.

It’s so far from my wheelhouse, I can’t even fairly judge the quality of the song. 

She definitely has no label. 

4 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I'm surprised she self-released after all this time & the couple of Benson Boone shows she opened. 

He definitely gave her bad advice but at least she is still young and very marketable so maybe eventually someone will take a chance on her.

24 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

He definitely gave her bad advice but at least she is still young and very marketable so maybe eventually someone will take a chance on her.

We don't know what really happened.  There could have been a record deal, but it fell through.  It happens all time.  

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Kenedi finally dropped her first single!

It's a bop (as I expected)! Reminds me of a mix of Olivia Rodrigo and Reneé Rapp. Vocals are great and production is fun, but lyrics are a bit cringe tbh. "put a pretty little bow on my feminine rage" is a peak TikTok bait lyric as well lol. added to my playlist tho!

also interesting how she's just going by Kenedi as opposed to her full name.

Edited by m1key