American Idol General Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

The guaranteed contract was ended when they switched to the most recent label (BMG). There has been a ton of speculation over whether they would sign Iam Tongi. They did not. 

Well, I think they will sign Abi, as she’s probably more mainstream than Iam might have been even if she’s not country.

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

Well, I think they will sign Abi, as she’s probably more mainstream than Iam might have been even if she’s not country.

She's going to need to write or have someone write better songs for her though if she wants to have post season success.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The fact that they couldn’t find more than a minute to let them sing their winners songs is bullsh*t. They probably won’t sell as well because of it. The label need to slap some sense into them. 

yea that was dumb LOL it should’ve been a normal +2min performance. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I am still a bit confused about how BBR, which is BMG’s country label, became the only ones who have signed Idol contestants. BMG has a bunch of other labels and imprints that might make more sense for a non-country singer.

ETA: For example, NKOTB, who performed at the finale are licensed by the main BMG label.

Edited by AngelaKD

6 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I am still a bit confused about how BBR, which is BMG’s country label, became the only ones who have signed Idol contestants. BMG has a bunch of other labels and imprints that might make more sense for a non-country singer.

I wonder if what BBR is doing what Big Machine tried to do with Idol back in S14-S15. Big Machine is a country label, but at the time they were trying to branch out into other genres. They marketed Nick Fradiani to pop radio, La'Porsha to R&B, etc. Maybe BBR signed Haven & We, but are trying to get into other genres.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sabina said:

Is it true that Katy Perry is retiring from American Idol?

Yes Katy announced it even before the season started airing.

Edited by Floaty

12 minutes ago, Floaty said:

Yes Katy announced it even before the season started airing.

Thank you. Let's see who will replace her next year in the jury

11 minutes ago, Sabina said:

Thank you. Let's see who will replace her next year in the jury

There's a thread speculating her replacement here... 

Off topic but the Filipino stan twitter-adjacent FB meme page I’m part of posted a picture of Julia singing at the Finale comparing her looks to a certain Filipino TikToker who I will not link because Julia fans might find it offensive 😭 

Apparently Blake, Jordan, Kayko, and Mackenzie are going on a Boys Tour. happy for their stans!

would love if the girls could do something similar 🙏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, m1key said:

Apparently Blake, Jordan, Kayko, and Mackenzie are going on a Boys Tour. happy for their stans!

would love if the girls could do something similar 🙏

Same here!  I'd definitely attend a Girls Tour -- especially for Abi!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Why are Will and Abi on the way to New York? Is this typical?

Yeah, I think it's typical.  I think I'll watch Abi tomorrow on YouTube, but I might watch Will on YouTube as well -- or not.  Don't know on him.

23 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

It’s All Love by Abi and Gone For Good by Will are charting as well at #42 and #45 respectively. 

Thanks, I didn't even think to  look for those 

45 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

They are doing some promo for their winners singles I believe ... its a normal tradition 

The best promo would have been to let them sing for more than 30 seconds. LOL

• Like 1