American Idol General Discussion

istersay

one of the best Idol winner and runner ups are contestants  on The Masked Singer.

Ruben and Clay from season 2

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 7

anybody else curious if What Not To Sing is actually going to return for this season? they said last year that they wanted to review S19/S20/S21 retrospectively and would make further announcements in February 2024, but they've still been silent since last May. there's 2 weeks until ratings would hypothetically start, so i'm really hoping they do because it makes the live shows more fun 🙏

(also i do plan on running the IDF ratings thread again for this season, but if WNTS returns, i probably won't since they essentially do the same thing lol) 

Edited by m1key

2 hours ago, RTV said:

Former contestants are among the 150+ artists performing at the 28th annual Key West Songwriters Festival May 1-5. I might've missed someone but noticed these three:

Laci Kaye Booth (s17 Top 5)
Kree Harrison (s12 runner-up)
Noah Thompson (s20 winner)

https://www.keywestsongwritersfestival.com/artists

Here's more names:

- Jessica Meuse (S13 4th place)

- Harper Grace (S16 cut at final judgment round): She sang her original song at audition & sang it again at the finale. Signed to Curb Records.

- Emma Klein (S17 Top 40): Her name was Emma Kleinberg during Idol. She & Walker Burroughs toured with Bobby Bones after the season.

- Kristen McNamara (S8 Top 36): She was a semifinalist in Group 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:42 AM, erik g said:

the one time i miss church Candace Glover is singing at it....

WTF i need to convert omg

btw i saw Melinda Doolittle live singing background for Kristen Chenowith around a month ago 

• Like 1

I don't think this has been posted. Apparently, Song House which is a songwriting camp that releases artist's songs & have been involved with a few past & current Idols. Their IG is at the following link. Current contestants include Emmy, Kayko, & Ajii. Both Emmy & Kayko have released songs with them after Idol premiered. They have worked with past contestants such as We Ani, Matt Wilson (S21 Top 20), Hannah Nicolaisen (S21 Top 20), Hannah Everhart (S19 Top 24), etc. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3LTDEAu2KZ/

Edited by ptebwwong
  • Like 3

Benson's debut album dropped on Friday! Had a chance to listen to it today and it was honestly pretty solid. Very similar to Olivia Rodrigo in that there are a lot of ballads, but also some upbeat rock influenced bangers. His vocals are also amazing tbh, dare I say the strongest male voice in pop music right now? 

Overall it's not fully my vibe but I see myself returning to some songs here! 

Idol always brings the most random songs back into my playlists and listening cycles. Like why am I going from listening to "Forget You" to "Welcome to the Black Parade" to "Both Sides Now" 😭

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, m1key said:

anybody have any obscure spring/summer bops from Idol alumni to recommend now that it's starting to get warmer out (at least in the northeast lol)? 

these are two that always make it into my Spring/Summer playlist rotation!

:wub:

• Like 1