American Idol General Discussion

istersay

Posted (edited)

I am like 90% sure I predicted this final three during the Hawaii round. I’ll have to look for the post lol. I may have had Triston in Will’s spot. 

Edited by Carrie_On

On 5/22/2023 at 1:41 AM, Carrie_On said:

I can already tell you that the winner is going to come from the first two episodes lol. Iam, Colin, and Megan were all shown in the premiere. Last season, Noah and HG were from the premiere, and Leah was from Episode 2. Chayce and Willie were from E2, Grace in the premiere, and it just goes on and on. People pick their favorites early. 

@Carrie_On this prediction from the first page also ended up being accurate 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, m1key said:

@Carrie_On this prediction from the first page also ended up being accurate 

Which is one reason why I had hopes that Abi would win, since she was on the second episode.  Of course I had more reasons than that one to hope that she would win, but being in the second episode helped.

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Serious question: What does the winner of the show get, other than the trophy? Is there a cash prize?

As far as I know I don't think they get anything. Which is why none of the contestants really care if they win or not.

• Haha 3

Just now, QueenKalie said:

As far as I know I don't think they get anything. Which is why none of the contestants really care if they win or not.

Which is BS, considering how much money the network makes off that show. 

• Like 3

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Which is BS, considering how much money the network makes off that show. 

At least the Voice gives the winner 100k. The top 2  here got a nice vacation out of this but it's not like that cost Disney any money.  :dead:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Wait I did not know this. That's a JOKE lmfao.

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Serious question: What does the winner of the show get, other than the trophy? Is there a cash prize?

They’re the only ones guaranteed a recording contract with the major label. Not that it’s really amounted to much for most of the ABC winners.

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

At least the Voice gives the winner 100k. The top 2  here got a nice vacation out of this but it's not like that cost Disney any money.  :dead:

They get paid (contestants in the past have confirmed it). It’s just based on where they place and they don’t really push it as part of the prize. :haha:

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

They get paid (contestants in the past have confirmed it). It’s just based on where they place and they don’t really push it as part of the prize. :haha:

Ahh okay at least they get paid that's good. 

Posted (edited)

they do win a cash prize. we know that bc madison vandenburg contract leaked and people got to read it but basically:

For starters, the contestant who wins American Idol walks away with $125,000 for simply winning. As already mentioned, that also comes with a record deal. But what many might not know, when the singer completes their first album, they receive another check for $100,000. That comes to a total of $250,000. While a great deal of money, American Idol knows what it takes to make an album. So wanting to make sure the winners have enough, apparently, they receive a recording budget of $300,000.”

obviously you need to know how to manage and spend the money or you can end up in debt like maddie LOL but it’s a pretty good value to invest on a initial project. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

The fact that they couldn’t find more than a minute to let them sing their winners songs is bullsh*t. They probably won’t sell as well because of it. The label need to slap some sense into them. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The fact that they couldn’t find more than a minute to let them sing their winners songs is bullsh*t. They probably won’t sell as well because of it. The label need to slap some sense into them. 

I agree that they should have had more time to sing their singles.

32 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They’re the only ones guaranteed a recording contract with the major label. Not that it’s really amounted to much for most of the ABC winners.

The guaranteed contract was ended when they switched to the most recent label (BMG). There has been a ton of speculation over whether they would sign Iam Tongi. They did not.