American Idol General Discussion

istersay

22 hours ago, m1key said:

And in other Idol winner news, Chayce Beckham's winner single "23" has debuted at #71 on the Billboard Hot 100! The ABC era winners are beating the flop allegations today :wub:

There are 21 Idol winners and if Chayce is the 14th to debut a song on the Hot 100, it means 7 of the winners did not.

• istersay changed the title to American Idol General Discussion
7 hours ago, mytake1 said:

There are 21 Idol winners and if Chayce is the 14th to debut a song on the Hot 100, it means 7 of the winners did not.

It's not to spit on his success or anything. But AI has a LONG way to go when it comes to giving a crap about their winners success in music entertainment.

Like wooo ABC Idol is racking em in.

Maddie- Independent...  Gabby is the center topic of discussion online. Big whoop.

Laine? HAHA. A certified loser in my book!

Sam. Well I won't even go there. But she's trying at least.

Chayce has been doing about as good as Noah would be if he had hits.

Then there's Iam. Also not signed. Others preferred to be talked about but he has a huge online and in person fanbase.

Did I sum it up? Can't we just be happy for Chayce?

For the FOX days... For example. I love Kris Allen. Huge fan.

Adam losing to him will always be a thorn in my side because Adam has a record deal and Kris is currently indie.

It's the 15th anniversary of his win. But ooh Adam fronts Queen and puts out a covers album in 2023 and crickets from anyone online on the subject of the Kris/Haley Reinhart Thunderclouds collab!

If I sound unhinged it's because the American Idol fandom has ALWAYS been a mixed bag. Kinda like following Harry Potter or Pokémon...

Meaning. There will be those nostalgic for Kelly, Carrie, Jennifer Hudson and Daughtry levels of success.

And those who just won't shut up about the OG judges no matter how they faltered in their last seasons of judging on Idol and how wacky they were and what Idol stood for. (Not that ABC Idol doesn't have joke auditioners but they at least aren't ripping mentally ill peoples hearts out like Nigel's show did....)

@mytake1 I love ya. But really let's just take one for the team here. Normally I agree with your standings on the show, but that's salt in the musical wound if you can't be happy for someone without complaining about the eff ups of Idol.

Sorry not in the mood for another season of millions of views on Youtube only for the winner to not get a record out by this spring... Not an EP online only a physical CD when was the last time an ABC American Idol winner put out one? MADDIE in a small store in IOWA her home state??? DING DING DING. You'd be right.

END RANT. 1000 points to you if you put up with my rambling... lol :( 

jack black just worship the band GIF

Edited by KelseyW
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

It's not to spit on his success or anything. But AI has a LONG way to go when it comes to giving a crap about their winners success in music entertainment.

Maddie- Independent...  Gabby is the center topic of discussion online. Big whoop.

Then there's Iam. Also not signed. Others preferred to be talked about but he has a huge online and in person fanbase.

Adam losing to him will always be a thorn in my side because Adam has a record deal and Kris is currently indie.

It's the 15th anniversary of his win. But ooh Adam fronts Queen and puts out a covers album in 2023 and crickets from anyone online on the subject of the Kris/Haley Reinhart Thunderclouds collab!

If I sound unhinged it's because the American Idol fandom has ALWAYS been a mixed bag. Kinda like following Harry Potter or Pokémon...

Meaning. There will be those nostalgic for Kelly, Carrie, Jennifer Hudson and Daughtry levels of success.

And those who just won't shut up about the OG judges no matter how they faltered in their last seasons of judging on Idol and how wacky they were and what Idol stood for. (Not that ABC Idol doesn't have joke auditioners but they at least aren't ripping mentally ill peoples hearts out like Nigel's show did....)

@mytake1 I love ya. But really let's just take one for the team here. Normally I agree with your standings on the show, but that's salt in the musical wound if you can't be happy for someone without complaining about the eff ups of Idol.

Sorry not in the mood for another season of millions of views on Youtube only for the winner to not get a record out by this spring... Not an EP online only a physical CD when was the last time an ABC American Idol winner put out one? MADDIE in a small store in IOWA her home state??? DING DING DING. You'd be right.

Gotta keep in mind that Chayce’s single is a very dark song with all signs pointing to him being an alcoholic.  But he has never admitted to it.  He has also never talked about whether he has gone to rehab – and he continues to reference drinking with singles. There were stories that he was a punk growing up who had to be home school – after being kicked out of several schools.  Of course, Idol kept that quiet.  They also hushed up that he pleaded not guilty to his DUI.   To get behind the wheel drunk where his car flipped over can't be defended.  He was lucky he didn’t kill innocent people.   

16 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Hey, at least Haley has the most monthly Spotify listeners from her season 👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 11:49 AM, m1key said:

Sam is glowing and seems so happy 🥹 It's interesting hearing them talk about Season 18 four years later! Glad they are starting to re-claim their narrative tho ❤️ 

I am so glad Sam is looking happy and I hope their career goes well ❤️ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RTV said:

Benson Boone (s19) withdrew from the competition after making the Top 24. He co-wrote this song that is currently #9 on the iTunes Top 100 Songs chart.

https://www.popvortex.com/music/charts/top-100-songs.php

This song is genuinely pulling in huge numbers. It's a good song so I'm happy for him! Wishing Kenedi could have had this success but we move...

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

On 2/6/2024 at 11:54 AM, m1key said:

This song is genuinely pulling in huge numbers. It's a good song so I'm happy for him! Wishing Kenedi could have had this success but we move...

Its Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 right now, expecting to be Top 3 next week

54 minutes ago, m1key said:

Benson making Idol history! Congrats to him!

This really shouldn't have anything to do with Idol, even though they are notorious for taking credit for the success of people they initially eliminated.  Benson Boone was recruited for the show.  He already had a big following on Tik-Tok.  He ended up quitting because he had a record deal in the works.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2024 at 1:27 PM, m1key said:

Benson making Idol history! Congrats to him!

He never was an Idol alum. Just an auditioner. I mean congrats but don't re write history. lol

TO be an alum you have to have actually competed in HW. imo

24 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

^ lol

Did Gabby have a radio single or any promo?? 🙂 

Her current single "Glory Days" is #21 on Billboard Country Airplay & #19 on Mediabase. Radio isn't the problem. She's one of the few female country artists who gets ok radio airplay. Her single isn't connecting with people. She didn't do much promo because she's almost due. She's hasn't headlined her own tour ever so I'm not sure how much of a fanbase she has. Also, keep in mind her debut album's first week #'s was mostly due to streaming #'s & because of "I Hope." Her current single isn't streaming well & her new album is a country Christian album not country crossover pop like her debut.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

^ lol

Did Gabby have a radio single or any promo?? 🙂 

Her label is getting her good radio play but her problem is she just doesn't have a fan base. She doesn't tour on her own I rarely see her name on any of the festival lineups. I don't follow her on social media so I can only assume she isn't connecting well with her fans there either.  Some of this could be blamed on her pregnancies but I think only a small part of the problem for her.

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Her label is getting her good radio play but her problem is she just doesn't have a fan base. She doesn't tour on her own I rarely see her name on any of the festival lineups. I don't follow her on social media so I can only assume she isn't connecting well with her fans there either. Some of this could be blamed on her pregnancies but I think only a small part of the problem for her.

I haven't checked her numbers on other social media platforms, but Gabby has 533K subscribers on YouTube and 359.3K followers / 1.4M likes on TikTok. Her most recent TikTok video was uploaded four days ago and currently has 983.6K views, 90.2K likes, and 220 comments. 

16 minutes ago, RTV said:

I haven't checked her numbers on other social media platforms, but Gabby has 533K subscribers on YouTube and 359.3K followers / 1.4M likes on TikTok. Her most recent TikTok video was uploaded four days ago and currently has 983.6K views, 90.2K likes, and 220 comments. 

Those are decent numbers I guess but not earth shattering. They should probably be higher given her success on Idol and how big her first album was.