The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

14 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Ok I’m sorry but i composed myself a while ago after tonight’s performances and....damn? They were all so strong?? Like ngl I was expecting next week to be the packed episode (which tbh could still be the case) but there isn’t a single performance out of the knockout winner/steals that I found weak tonight. VERY pleasantly surprised. Don’t mind me I’ll be in bed listening to these performances on repeat without a single care of what goes on around me muah

Agree. This was a great episode. For me the only clunkers were Ethan, Keegan and Ciana. I thought Victor was good, but a bit too tame on this round, and Jordan, while also very good, could have used more grit and emotion. Otherwise, everyone killed it!.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Also IDF being way too positive lol. And this will probably continue next episode with Zania, Savanna W, Cam, probably Gihanna/Anna, and Rachel/Zae. I think the least well recieved winner might be Kenzie, probably due  to the song, but who knows, I predicted Pete´s KO to be disliked and turns out he´s being praised (deservingly so), and some people who didn´t like him actually do now lol.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Also IDF being way too positive lol. And this will probably continue next episode with Zania, Savanna W, probably Gihanna/Anna, and Rachel/Zae. I think the least well recieved winner might be Kenzie, probably due  to the song, but who knows, I predicted Pete´s KO to be disliked and turns out he´s being praised (deservingly so), and some people who didn´t like him actually do now lol.

Yeah, I'll be honest, he was probably my least favorite or one of my least favorites going into this round, but he did well! 

Yeah the contestants woke up because the battles were not it. One of the best rounds of knockout in the last couple of seasons. Even the losers were decent. No real trainwrecks. Flawless performances from Pia and Corey. Great from Dana, Rayleigh Andrew, Pete, Jordan (first time I've heard him sing). If there's one think that bothers me about Rayleigh, it's that she overuses her head voice in my opinion. Some straight up belts would've added some dynamic to the performance. Every other line seems to be a run in her head voice. As a result, it sounded like the band was overpowering her in some parts. Victor was fine. Don't think the performance did anything for him, but he wasn't/isn't really a frontrunner imo. Lowkey think he is the weakest on John's post knockout team given Pia and Rayleigh's performances tonight. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Some straight up belts would've added some dynamic to the performance. Every other line seems to be a run in her head voice.

I love Ryleigh, but I'd agree that in this specific performance, I would have liked a little more belting. She's excellent, but I don't think this performance truly showed off her excellence as well as her battle performance did. I do think that adding in a lot of belts may have made it less emotional/connected, so perhaps it was for good reason.

• Like 2

So, can someone explain me general schedule now? 

From KO they go directly to live *there is one more KO episode, right*? 

How many live shows is scheduled until finale? 

There was like 4-way KO before, also there were some come-back options in seasons before? 

(I am sorry Gean is out, and I do not understand the hype about Andrew... just to note my confusion...) 

I like Corey's and Ryleigh's performance.😍 Both did great.

Victor was amazing and so was Andrew. I would have chosen him instead of Pete.

Pia and Dana were just Wow. Powerhouse vocals.

This KO everyone is bringing their best, so I'm excited to see the rest of the contestant performance.

31 minutes ago, MISSSONYA said:

So, can someone explain me general schedule now? 

From KO they go directly to live *there is one more KO episode, right*? 

How many live shows is scheduled until finale? 

There was like 4-way KO before, also there were some come-back options in seasons before? 

(I am sorry Gean is out, and I do not understand the hype about Andrew... just to note my confusion...) 

Assuming the schedule is similar to the past two seasons:
April 26 - 2nd KO
May 3 - The Road to Lives
May 10 - Live Playoffs (from 17 to 9, 1 public save and 1 coach save per coach + WC)
May 17 - Top 9 (1 public save per coach + 1 WC)
May 24 - Finale

• Like 1

Corey had the performance of the season for me. Team Kelly is gonna hurt because most of my favs are on her team. Ryleigh did great too!

JMY > Ethan. It was meh

FINALLY! Pia had her breakout moment. Well-deserved win.

Dana was great. 

Victor didn't really stand out with this performance.

I would have picked Andrew.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The Ethan preference over Jordan seems to be everywhere, including IG and YT. IDF and Mjsbigblog are the only places where the majority gave the win to Jordan.

As much as I think Jordan was stronger last night, I don't think Ethan would've been an undeserving winner either - it was one of the closer matchups of the evening that didn't end in a steal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Corey had the performance of the season for me. Team Kelly is gonna hurt because most of my favs are on her team. Ryleigh did great too!

JMY > Ethan. It was meh

FINALLY! Pia had her breakout moment. Well-deserved win.

Dana was great. 

Victor didn't really stand out with this performance.

I would have picked Andrew.

Victor stood out, but for the wrong reasons. Apparently he thought when you sing a Temptations song, you are required to do the dance moves for each of the 5 members, one at a time.

• Haha 3

Victor is a great vocalist, but since his blind he hasn´t stood out at all because he´s been getting the dryest, most unispired song choices. The guy last night (and on his battle honestly) have nothing on the guy that killed "Glory" on his blind. I think the two Legend ladies outdid him last night, and I´m sure Zania will do it next week too. 

That being said, given the voting, I´m still not couting him out for PV, especially if he goes back to his audition form. But he has definitely lost steam.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I think the two Legend ladies outdid him last night, and I´m sure Zania will do it next week too. 

Definitely. I'm hoping he doesn't get the PV honestly. He's the weakest member.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Definitely. I'm hoping he doesn't get the PV honestly. He's the weakest member.

Based on the past three rounds, I have to agree. 

I do have to say though, while Ryleigh did more for me than him last night, out of all Team Legend, I´m the least confident in her delivering live. I don´t know why, but I just have a hunch, which obviously could be wrong. I suspect that if Victor keeps this level and again doesn´t give us a moment, at least he´ll stay on pitch.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Victor is a great vocalist, but since his blind he hasn´t stood out at all because he´s been getting the dryest, most unispired song choices. The guy last night (and on his battle honestly) have nothing on the guy that killed "Glory" on his blind. I think the two Legend ladies outdid him last night, and I´m sure Zania will do it next week too. 

That being said, given the voting, I´m still not couting him out for PV, especially if he goes back to his audition form. But he has definitely lost steam.

I thought his battle was better than his blind, but I hope he goes back to gospel in the playoffs (or whatever he's most comfortable with).