The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

47 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I honestly don’t get the hate for Anna. She’s shown two different sides (versatile queen) and she’s shown great improvement from her blind, which was still good. Gihanna has been really solid as well and will probably blow everyone away with her KO.

I think it's solely they are angry that Anna got 4-chairs when their faves didn't. As for Gihanna I think she will really slay her KO but what I'm worried of is in PO. She really need to work on her nerves or else she's most likely to flop. (In her BA I can see how nervous she was and since I think it will be her first time singing live, the nerves most likely get the best of her if she can't overcome it)

I think some of you get a bit worked up when your favorites get any sort of criticism (tbf this applies to 90% of this forum, including me) I haven’t seen “hate” towards Anna and Gihanna, and if there was a lot of people would have called it out. JMO.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I think some of you get a bit worked up when your favorites get any sort of criticism (tbf this applies to 90% to this forum, including me) I haven’t seen “hate” towards Anna and Gihanna, and if there was a lot of people would have called it out. JMO.

Personally, I am not bothered by people thinking Anna/Gihanna were underwhelming - they were great in my eyes and music is subjective lol. I agree that there has been no "hate," just preferential differences (if I'm forgetting something, feel free to correct me, though).

I love GihAnna and many others (and yes, I will continue to pretend Lindsay went onto the knockouts), but at the end of the day, if someone doesn't like them, it's just a stranger on the internet disagreeing with me lmao, not much more to it.

Edit: I think that part of it is also a difference in terminology. I suspect some people are taking hate to mean attacks against a person, while others are taking it to mean criticism about their performance. I think both definitions are valid, so there can be no hate by one definition while at the same time there is hate by another. 

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Personally, I am not bothered by people thinking Anna/Gihanna were underwhelming

Both Anna and Gihanna are right in IDF’s wheelhouse, so people without realizing it have higher expectations towards them. When those contestants don’t meet IDF’s stupidly high expectations, people call them underwhelming. It happens every season (and even I’m sometimes guilty of this) 

I do think both underperformed in the battles (not in the blinds), but that’s for another discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

Both Anna and Gihanna are right in IDF’s wheelhouse, so people without realizing it have higher expectations towards them. When those contestants don’t meet IDF’s stupidly high expectations, people call them underwhelming. It happens every season (and even I’m sometimes guilty of this) 

I do think both underperformed in the battles (not in the blinds), but that’s for another discussion.

I guess my expectations were lower than everyone else’s then? 🤔 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Not with all the Victor slander lol. He did what he could’ve with the song and he killed it. I’m sure Cams feeling good would’ve been his #1 pick but if Cam beat him to it🤣

I’m a really big fan of Victor. I have him in my signature and is one of my favorite R+B Males, but lately idk i expect him to do more that’s why. I’m probably upset with him rn because he hasn’t shown that much power like he did in his Blind. Anyways I love Victor, and sorry for what i said earlier he isn’t bland, he’s a really good R+B male singer!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I saw someone comment that Dana sings and performs like she’s doing karaoke.

LMAOO if people at his karaoke bar do things like that...imma need that address 🤣

SAME! me in the karaokes is like:

200.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I think some of you get a bit worked up when your favorites get any sort of criticism (tbf this applies to 90% of this forum, including me) I haven’t seen “hate” towards Anna and Gihanna, and if there was a lot of people would have called it out. JMO.

Check youtube comments on Anna's BA and you'll see I think most of the hate came from IDF members. 🧐

So in the interview with Holly Junket Victor said:

”I don’t know if you’ve noticed or caught on but I’ve kind of been chilling or holding it back for my performances. I’ve kind of just been singing like regular singing well except of my blind. I’ve just been waiting and I’m really excited for for the lives to really BRING IT, you know”

Edited by jus.vshn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

So with the interview right Holly Junket Victor said :

”I don’t know if you’ve noticed or caught on but I’ve kind of been chilling or holding it back for my performances. I’ve kind of just been singing like regular singing well except of my blind. I’ve just been waiting and I’m really excited for for the lives to really BRING IT, you know”

Lets go!!!

16 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Check youtube comments on Anna's BA and you'll see I think most of the hate came from IDF members. 🧐

Thinking someone didn’t deserve a 4 chair turn =/= hate

Hate is a really strong word. Backlash, probably, hate, no way.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Does anyone else think this season is becoming one of the best seasons?

I have a lot of favorites & my least favorites aren't bad, it's just a matter of personal taste. I hope they have good performances in Lives 🤞

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

So in the interview with Holly Junket Victor said:

happy freddie flintoff GIF by Top Gear

30 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

That’s VERY risky ngl. I’m glad the risk paid off, but he could’ve easily been eliminated for underwhelming performances. 

Just now, Bk1234 said:

That’s VERY risky ngl. I’m glad the risk paid off, but he could’ve easily been eliminated for underwhelming performances. 

Lol his “chilling” didn’t even appear as chilling to the coaches though🤣 like they haven’t mentioned/noticed it because that’s just how good he is😂

Also, did u ever get to watch?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I guess my expectations were lower than everyone else’s then? 🤔 

Perhaps it's not that your expectations for a specific contestant were lower, but that your expectations in general for what constitutes a good performances are lower. Kind of like someone saying that a good performance has no mistakes, while you say that if a performance has some good parts, even if there are a few bad parts, it's still good. 

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Lol his “chilling” didn’t even appear as chilling to the coaches though🤣 like they haven’t mentioned/noticed it because that’s just how good he is😂

Yeah, not sure how his battle was him “chilling” lol. :haha: If so, that’s pretty insane! I’m saving the rest of the performances for when I watch the episode on Friday (let’s see if I can wait...)

35 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I hope this is actually the case. I don't mean to say I think this is what happened, but it's possible he's saying this because he's seeing people saying that his battle and KO were underwhelming while his blind wasn't. That being said, I do believe it, and expect him to really bring it in the playoffs.

I don't think it's a smart move, really. The goal is to build a rapport with your coach so that they will save you during the playoffs if necessary. In my eyes, it's not an on-off switch you can flip with one good performance. 

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I don't think it's a smart move, really. The goal is to build a rapport with your coach so that they will save you during the playoffs if necessary. In my eyes, it's not an on-off switch you can flip with one good performance. 

My thoughts exactly. He’s lucky John really liked him and brought him to the lives.

Lol ngl y’all are being really hard on Victor 😂 if I’ve never listened to him and was reading idf, I would think he’s the worst contestant on the show who hasn’t been consistent and isn’t worthy 🤣

Edited by jus.vshn
  • Like 5