The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

31 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Also I’ve heard little to no talk about Andrew vs Pete (other than Pete surviving the bus attempt, as he should) and to be honest I was really surprised with both of them. I preferred Andrew because the song was right on his lane and he did great with it, and while Pete did great too, the song not being in his lane or his style was slightly off for me. Either way, after this being the knockout I thought I’d be more indifferent towards, I really enjoyed it. 

agreed! You take the words right out of my mouth every time!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

And Zach was a minor at the time, so yeah....

(but seriously its the same thing as what happened with Chris Blue, the voice gets very few entertainers, Zach did know how to work a stage)  

Can I ask you what did you think of Pete/Andrew yesterday in comparison to what you saw live?

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Can I ask you what did you think of Pete/Andrew yesterday in comparison to what you saw live?

It was better then I remembered, also they edited out all the coach criticism. I'm fairly certain they were both auto-tuned 

• Thanks 1

I love the Knockouts, but I’m also really excited for the Playoffs. It will be interesting to see which contestants are able to sing well with the added pressure of a live show and 17 contestants performing in less than two hours. :unsure: 

• Like 2

Honestly, I´ve really liked this cast so far. I don´t know what to expect for lives (since other solid casts crashed and burned there), but all around this has been a good season for pre-lives, including probably the best KO premiere in recent memory (in my opinion). And we still have Zania, Cam, Kenzie, Savanna W, and other good ones to come next week. 

• Like 1

If we get a good cast in terms of live vocals coupled with good song choices, the Playoffs are my favorite round (S5, S8). But that doesn’t usually happen.

So as long as as the night isn’t a trainwreck, I’ll probably be satisfied. Not a fan of lowering my standards to enjoy something, but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

If we get a good cast in terms of live vocals coupled with good song choices, the Playoffs are my favorite round (S5, S8). But that doesn’t usually happen.

So as long as as the night isn’t a trainwreck, I’ll probably be satisfied. Not a fan of lowering my standards to enjoy something, but it is what it is.

I’m sure they’ll be at least one person, like Cami, who shines. My bet for that is Cam. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

If the playoffs were messy before with the nerves of singing live for the first time on that stage, the song choices ,etc, they are now bound to be even more so given that they are cramping all the performances in one night as opposed to two, when the contestants could feel more relaxed. Remember now that there´s only one PV now, and so that could mess a few people up and make them overwork themselves in order to get it. 

Of course, in every messy playoffs, there´s at least 1 or 2 people that  can easily adapt themselves and kill it live either way. We´ll see who these people are this season. Kenzie and Cam probably come to mind. Dana too.

Edited by Misirlou

Just now, Misirlou said:

If the playoffs were messy before with the nerves of singing live for the first time on that stage, the song choices ,etc, they are now bound to be even more so given that they are cramping all the performances in one night as opposed to two, when the contestants could feel more relaxed. Remember now that there´s only one PV now, and so that could mess a few people up and make them overwork themselves in order to get it. 

Of course, in every messy playoffs, there´s at least 1 or 2 people that are can easily adapt themselves and kill it live either way. We´ll see who these people are this season.

Yeah, I agree that the current format doesn’t help.