The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

The thing with Victor is that he doesn’t bring many things to the table outside of great vocals, so he needs great song choices to shine. The song choice for his blind was great, the others weren’t, which explains the reception of his blind compared to his battle and KO. At least that’s how I see it.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

"Glory" enough proves that Victor is not bland. But if you´re judging from just yesterday and calling him that, I wouldn´t blame you. I know he can bring it, and I hope he does in the lives.

I definitely wouldn’t say Victor is bland. This is why I don’t get what you’ll are saying because it’s the song he chose 🤣 he literally did all he could’ve done with that song 🤣 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I'm a fan of Gean without a doubt (I'm his fan thread creator after all and he's like in my top 3 faves this season), and I also preferred him over Victor last night. But.. I actually think Victor deserved the win, idk I actually liked his performance, I love the soulfulness he exuded on that performance and he's got a really good control on his runs

And imo, he's far from being bland? just my opinion though

This. 

He showed other parts of his voice and that's why I really enjoyed it! But I understand what everyone is saying, KOs are made for big songs and moments.

I still assume he has PV and it doesn't bother me at all. Team Legend this season is strong and I love R&B / Soul so I'll be fine with anyone 🤗

🕯I need Victor sing A Change Is Gonna Come🕯

Edited by pauwis
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Well.. knowing me, I'm really appreciative to all artists 😅. Soo yeah my opinion will definitely be different from others especially here on IDF  :P 

I think I'll probably agree with you (I look forward to hearing what you think); I gave literally everyone a 9.1 or higher during that episode. My ranking scale has gotten a little more lenient, but for real, in that last episode, to me the performances ranged from "really pleasant!" to "WOW YOU JUST SLAYED!," with plenty near the upper end of that spectrum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I think I'll probably agree with you (I look forward to hearing what you think); I gave literally everyone a 9.1 or higher during that episode. My ranking scale has gotten a little more lenient, but for real, in that last episode, to me the performances ranged from "really pleasant!" to "WOW YOU JUST SLAYED!," with plenty near the upper end of that spectrum. 

Yeah, you're one of the more appreciative ones here. 

also, just realized that half of the cast this season are on my signature LMAO WTH :haha: I'll just probably just add all of them on my signature jk

• Haha 2

I’ll be honest, as someone who REALLY enjoyed Gean in the battles, his knockout was not it. It was very shaky unfortunately. The song wasn’t the best for him and the arrangement really didn’t do him any favors. That said, I found Victor’s performance a lot stronger. He had a couple of weak moments but his beginning was really strong. Maybe just a preference thing (like for many of y’all). Even though Pia and Ryleigh delivered insane performances from Team Legend, he’s far from being weak tbh. It might not have reached the power of his blind and battle, but it was still a great performance if you ask me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

also, just realized that half of the cast this season are on my signature LMAO WTH :haha: I'll just probably just add all of them on my signature jk

It's just that, when an artist gives me a follow on Instagram, they immediately become one of my favorites 🤪 jk NO that's not the reason :haha:

I'll probably just stop at 20 artists :P (watch me add all of them here on my signature by the end of the season 👻)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I definitely wouldn’t say Victor is bland. This is why I don’t get what you’ll are saying because it’s the song he chose 🤣 he literally did all he could’ve done with that song 🤣 

The vocal itself, while good, didn´t really do anything for me. And like I said, part of Victor´s decline has to do with his song choices. He didn´t pick his battle one and I don´t know if he picked his KO one (Wouldn´t be surprised if he did, since it´s in his wheelhouse), but overall it just didn´t scream frontrunner for me like "Glory" did. And I don´t need we need to expand on the dance moves lol.

He needs to do some gospel, I think he would have nailed Jose´s KO song choice, and it would have been a better moment for him.

• Like 1

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I’ll be honest, as someone who REALLY enjoyed Gean in the battles, his knockout was not it. It was very shaky unfortunately. The song wasn’t the best for him and the arrangement really didn’t do him any favors. That said, I found Victor’s performance a lot stronger. He had a couple of weak moments but his beginning was really strong. Maybe just a preference thing (like for many of y’all). Even though Pia and Ryleigh delivered insane performances from Team Legend, he’s far from being weak tbh. It might not have reached the power of his blind and battle, but it was still a great performance if you ask me

This!!!! He’s been consistent all season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

The vocal itself, while good, didn´t really do anything for me. And like I said, part of Victor´s decline has to do with his song choices. He didn´t pick his battle one and I don´t know if he picked his KO one (Wouldn´t be surprised if he did, since it´s in his wheelhouse), but overall it just didn´t scream frontrunner for me like "Glory" did. And I don´t need we need to expand on the dance moves lol.

He needs to do some gospel, I think he would have nailed Jose´s KO song choice, and it would have been a better moment for him.

I'm sure Victor wanted Feeling Good, he covered it a million times, but Cam exist

Also I’ve heard little to no talk about Andrew vs Pete (other than Pete surviving the bus attempt, as he should) and to be honest I was really surprised with both of them. I preferred Andrew because the song was right on his lane and he did great with it, and while Pete did great too, the song not being in his lane or his style was slightly off for me. Either way, after this being the knockout I thought I’d be more indifferent towards, I really enjoyed it. 

• Like 3

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Also I’ve heard little to no talk about Andrew vs Pete (other than Pete surviving the bus attempt, as he should) and to be honest I was really surprised with both of them. I preferred Andrew because the song was right on his lane and he did great with it, and while Pete did great too, the song not being in his lane or his style was slightly off for me. Either way, after this being the knockout I thought I’d be more indifferent towards, I really enjoyed it. 

The Office Smile GIF  Want You Love GIF by FUN WITH FRIDAY

8 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Andrew surprised me! It still seemed like a normal performance, but it was good. He just need the right songs